Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2685709)   #251
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Then add the forces of a 60km/h wheel hop in and ...........
I don't think I need to, that clip made it all too clear what can happen.
Old 7 May 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2685746)   #252
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It's amazing how long a thread can last...
Old 7 May 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2685758)   #253
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
X2. Just checked it today and its still going. My ranking has gotta go up for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Old 7 May 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2685999)   #254
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well it'll last as long as wnut is not successful with his crusade maybe he should just download some 2008 races and enjoy all those magnificent steward decisions he obviously loves to see and stop watching all that modern liberal F1 bullsh*t where people are actually starting to race again but of course, hamilton should have braked or collided with Vettel when Vettel pushed him to right to safe poor Webber, as we all know that Webber's car doesn't have brakes... it's starting to get rather ridiculous now.
Old 8 May 2010, 03:29 (Ref:2686359)   #255
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm hoping very much that it will end now we have another race to talk about!
Old 8 May 2010, 06:24 (Ref:2686379)   #256
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'm hoping very much that it will end now we have another race to talk about!
Yup, by 6:00pm Sunday there will be 1000 posts in a thread entitled "Stewards penalise seven drivers".
Old 8 May 2010, 06:58 (Ref:2686384)   #257
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re Lewis's and his entry up the inside of Vettel, outside of the white lines...

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/61...bout-Fernando-

He is claiming Alonso was "agressive" on Massa. LOL, has he forgotten he did the same thing to Vettel. Oh, wait, thats right, he was apparantly slow getting over on the racing line which happens to be the pit entry line...he was defending the line of the corner and then when the call came to pit he didnt want to give an inch, even though he was out of position.

So, not that I really care either way...but a bit strange to discuss Alonso when he did the same thing
Old 8 May 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2686510)   #258
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
So, not that I really care either way...but a bit strange to discuss Alonso when he did the same thing
I think Lewis is saying he's not the only one and shouldn't be singled out.
Old 8 May 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2686517)   #259
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So, not that I really care either way...
Old 8 May 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2686527)   #260
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Re Lewis's and his entry up the inside of Vettel, outside of the white lines...

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/61...bout-Fernando-

He is claiming Alonso was "agressive" on Massa. LOL, has he forgotten he did the same thing to Vettel. Oh, wait, thats right, he was apparantly slow getting over on the racing line which happens to be the pit entry line...he was defending the line of the corner and then when the call came to pit he didnt want to give an inch, even though he was out of position.

I'm not so sure it's exactly the same situation, and Teflonso already stated that he will do that again if it happens... the bad guy as usual.
Old 8 May 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2686690)   #261
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'm very sorry, I owe you a double apology on this. One for not getting back to you before now and secondly because your comments are absolutely correct. The incident in the clip in question does show the consequences of racing in the pit lane and is a perfect example of why it is so dangerous. The same apologies go to wnut, who posted the clip.

I was talking about another one altogether. I shall have to look back and find it.
hey, no problem. Thanks for getting back, I have been busy with work and stuff, plus I am getting dottery so I forget about which stuff I have written about until the email comes in about replies....
cheerio Mr. Ranger
Old 14 Jun 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2711653)   #262
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Canada - unsafe release - racing in pit lane. ? Hamilton?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 06:15 (Ref:2711669)   #263
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No
Old 14 Jun 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2711715)   #264
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Canada - unsafe release - racing in pit lane. ? Hamilton?
So, LH does his own releasing now does he? If the stewards had no problem with it, why do you?

Oh, I forgot, LH nicked your girlfriend. (well, I assume he did...)
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2711792)   #265
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Probably wouldn't have gotten away with it in some other pit lanes.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2711840)   #266
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Most of you guys always calling for penalties would s**t a chicken if you attended a NASCAR race.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2712288)   #267
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Most of you guys always calling for penalties would s**t a chicken if you attended a NASCAR race.
Why would I even want to attend that?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2712293)   #268
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Is that shoot a chicken?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 00:27 (Ref:2712298)   #269
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now you know the rules don't you..

Next time I will insert the...
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2712325)   #270
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Why would I even want to attend that?
Why wouldn't you? It's called broadening your horizons and learning about different forms of motorsport. It also keeps you from sounding like a snob, no offence.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2712327)   #271
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is that shoot a chicken?
I had to put in the first and last letters, cause just four stars coulda been so much worse, haha.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2712329)   #272
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I had to put in the first and last letters, cause just four stars coulda been so much worse, haha.
What about a Turkey shoot?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 04:10 (Ref:2712350)   #273
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sort of like compairing an apple and a platypus.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 04:41 (Ref:2712354)   #274
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Which must place the camel in the eye of the needle.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2712357)   #275
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Still pit roads, just as many, if not more mechanics out on the track, and usually narrower overall. Oh, and there's an additional 21 cars in the race itself. If anything, shouldn't NASCAR be the one penalizing the drivers for 'dangerous releases.'

If you were a steward, how many cars would you penalize here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFg0lBTIwsg