Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Sep 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2766946)   #151
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to note that the gap between the lead Peugeot and Audi is similar to that between Cytosport and Highcroft, and we know there is no huge disparity between those teams! I won't say that Peugeot isn't going to have the outright pace, but I see no evidence for tearing of new ones either. Honestly, if anything, it's Audi having a history of getting egg on Peugeot's face!

Interesting to see how close the best pace of the Intersport Lola was to the diesels. We know it probably can't sustain it for more than 5 laps, but it's fun to see a privateer near the front sometimes.

ACS Ford showing the lack of updates that the Robertson cars have? A long way off the pace despite many laps run...

Panoz is the new Jaguar?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2766953)   #152
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Intersport can sustain it if the AER V8 wasn't the world's most expensive improvised explosive device! What makes that engine so unreliable--IMSA giving them a ton to turboboost and air restrictor, or was/is the engine kinda junk to begin with?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 03:45 (Ref:2766955)   #153
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Any word on why the Libra Radical didn't go out?
Save $$$...should run a few laps on thursday hopefully.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2766977)   #154
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Intersport can sustain it if the AER V8 wasn't the world's most expensive improvised explosive device! What makes that engine so unreliable--IMSA giving them a ton to turboboost and air restrictor, or was/is the engine kinda junk to begin with?
Probably boost, plus I'm not sure if they have any more brand new engines on hand. After all, the engine was able to survive Le Mans in the back of the Chamberlain Lola in '06 and '07.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2767083)   #155
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
ACS Ford showing the lack of updates that the Robertson cars have? A long way off the pace despite many laps run...

Panoz is the new Jaguar?
There is very little "Doran" left in the Robertson's cars. Andrew "H" Smith (H Craft) has re-engineered the cars in almost every way. Also, ACS is running a 6L motor based on the stock block and heads and is heavier and taller than the elan motors (5.0L w/stock heads and bigger restrictors) in the Robertson's two cars.

The Panoz comment is funny!
Old 30 Sep 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2767095)   #156
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is still raining here.......
Old 30 Sep 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2767098)   #157
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is still raining here.......
Not for long, almost out of the area! Then you'll need these.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2767101)   #158
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissangtrfan View Post
Save $$$...should run a few laps on thursday hopefully.
Why pay the $5K for Sunday vs the $500 for Wednesday?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2767110)   #159
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Did the track get hit with torrential rain from this east coast storm? Do you think any cars will head out today?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2767160)   #160
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any updates on the cause of the GT3R Hybrid's failure? I wonder how many parts/engineers VAG brought over here. . .
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2767169)   #161
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wanted to tell you all how gutted I am to be missing the race this year!

Earlier this year I was making tentative plans in my head to attend and then somewhere along away the way made another huge commitment without cross-checking the dates. So as of this afternoon I will be completely 'off the grid' until Sunday night. No TV, Internet or phone for the 3 days of the race weekend!

I will however be hanging out with about 30 other guys on the edge of nowhere, there will be camp fires, beer and camping chairs. So maybe not that different from my Le Mans and Sebring experiences after all!

Have a good race y'all.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2767170)   #162
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally 2nd practice has started
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2767183)   #163
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yus... and has the RLM feed died again? It's all very silent for me. This is getting a bit desperate, watching (barely working) live timing alone all week long is no fun!
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2767187)   #164
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Been waiting eagerly for news on the Panoz but I open my copy of Autosport this afternoon and read that it wont run due to late delivery of the gearbox. Debut obviously now shifted to Zhuhai.

That surely went to print a couple of days ago so they obviously know something other don't.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2767188)   #165
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
T&S is going fine for me, but it seems there are only a few cars out. Mostly P1, and the fastest is McNish at 1:16.9 ... eh.

27 came out, lap times seemed lazy - fastest was Fassler at 9.579.

Last edited by seanyb505; 30 Sep 2010 at 15:05.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2767195)   #166
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Debut obviously now shifted to Zhuhai.
Wouldn't it just be easier to skip the expensive trip to China and reschedule the debut to next year, rather than make a lone shakedown on track where you have no crowds or extra time to test.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2767212)   #167
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Wouldn't it just be easier to skip the expensive trip to China and reschedule the debut to next year, rather than make a lone shakedown on track where you have no crowds or extra time to test.
Yeah I'd say so unless they want to make some sort of gesture towards the ACO. Maybe with half an eye on a Le Mans entry next year? I'm not sure.

I'd probably be more inclined to shake the car down in private and get the inevitable issues out of the way behind closed doors.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2767213)   #168
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was the problem on car LMP1 #08 ??? Lamy only did 11 laps and the proto stayed on track

Very good pace from Fässler and Gené on wet track whereas they discover it this year
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2767234)   #169
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi people! Finally decided to join the place after a few years lurking around... Hope I'll get along well.

From the recent EI report (french) there's nothing alarmist with the #08 lack of running, and nothing wrong with Cytosport absence too. Apparently the track was green from the morning rain so lots of crews choose to stay on stand-by...
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2767238)   #170
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Hi people! Finally decided to join the place after a few years lurking around... Hope I'll get along well.

From the recent EI report (french) there's nothing alarmist with the #08 lack of running, and nothing wrong with Cytosport absence too. Apparently the track was green from the morning rain so lots of crews choose to stay on stand-by...
Welcome to the light vyselegend.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2767244)   #171
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tommy Milner says the Panoz will be at Petit.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2767250)   #172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Good news. I figured there was a chance the Autosport report might have been a bit pre-emptive. Really hope it can run in some capacity just to get a look at it.

Does it have to set a time tomorrow to be allowed into the race?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2767279)   #173
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I didn't see it in the paddock this morn, but I did see an Abruzzi driving around at the track.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2767282)   #174
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear, its as though the Pugs visually press even in testing, while Audi has light sprints. Its nice to think so anyway.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2767312)   #175
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
What year