Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Jan 2003, 12:34 (Ref:486357)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by wiggles
I've got my BMMC membership but no new MSA card. Should I be expecting one?!?!! Since I'm still officially a trainee?
Just to confirm what bmjones said, as a trainee you don't get an MSA card. You'll get one when you are upgraded to course marshal (green).
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:59 (Ref:486440)   #27
wiggles
Rookie

wiggles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bmjones
thnink if my memory is correct (so long ago now) that trainee's are administered by their club and only graded marshals by the MSA this ia also the purpose of the MSA national scheme to have clubs on a consistent trainee scheme first. hope this helps. (ps thanks that has reminded me need to reapply to BMMC and send in availability - lets plan 2003 then!!)
Sounds about right.I checked with Dave Hammond (BMMC-SE membership sec). He said that I should continue to collect attendance/upgrading sigs using my 2002 cards. Hopefully this year I'll be able to convert to a full course marshal!
Old 26 Jan 2003, 14:02 (Ref:486442)   #28
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Wiggles, i'm still on my 2001 card!! almost got there last year.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 18:21 (Ref:489710)   #29
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have today phoned Alan Dean-Lewis at the MSA as I have had contact with many marshals who have not received licence. (probably half of them).
He assured me that all have been sent and should have been received by now. The LAdy dealing with it is Tina (01753 765000) and I gave her details on those I know and said I would get all those whose card has not been received to phone her.
Please pass the details on at training sessions etc. as I am worried that there is a significant problem here with either the Post Office or MSA computer system and they need your calls to realise the size of problem
Old 29 Jan 2003, 21:57 (Ref:489914)   #30
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no licence for me yet, prehaps they trying to tell me something!!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:06 (Ref:489923)   #31
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well mine arrived snet, must be wanting to tell you something maybe they'll make you an observer when you are not paying attention!!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:12 (Ref:489932)   #32
snetmarshal
Racer

Well if I am not paying attention surely I have the credentials of an observer!! Be nice to me in case I am your observer!!!! but then again I will get the crew to watch and wait for your "party trick"!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:25 (Ref:489943)   #33
manicmarshal
Racer

Huh, if you were my observer I know i would be in trouble. You'd give me all the rotten jobs and send me furthest away. anyway, we neeed your flagging expertise. Not intending to do party trick this year. Not intentionally anyway
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:30 (Ref:489948)   #34
snetmarshal
Racer

As if i would!!! never send you that far away, need you in sight for entertainment!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:44 (Ref:489970)   #35
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claws

Stop all this cat fighting please.....!!!!!

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:49 (Ref:489977)   #36
manicmarshal
Racer

nah we enjoy it really. and considering your signature has your name in it. He will know who you are!!! It is concerning though that the most experienced one among us is not licensed and we are. :-)
Old 29 Jan 2003, 23:19 (Ref:490001)   #37
snetmarshal
Racer

maybe the most experienced of us but I am the youthful one!! OK I confess dont have license Ive been blagging!!
Old 30 Jan 2003, 08:01 (Ref:490272)   #38
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Peter, many thanks for posting the contact at the MSA. As my licence has still to arrive I will call Tina this morning and let her know I am one of the 'unfortunates' still waiting. I had to chuckle as for the past two years they have sent me two licences, maybe they had issued them in advance
Old 30 Jan 2003, 10:37 (Ref:490365)   #39
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ok guys and girls, I have spoken to Tina at the MSA this morning (thanks again Peter). Tina asks that anyone who has not received their licence telephone her as soon as possible and she will get another licence in the post within a day or so. Her telephone number is 01753 765000.

Get calling!
Old 30 Jan 2003, 16:40 (Ref:490763)   #40
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mine hasn't arrived yet either, despite calling the MSA and emailing the BMMC bloke that looks after this! However, the MSA did give me an explanation as to why I (and others) might not have had them. Apparently, the new kind of paper/card they have used this year causes static and some licences actually stuck to others! Some people have received their licence along with someone elses stuck to the back. The MSA don't seem too interested in sorting this out. I for one need my licence, as it is a means of entry for Marshals at Oulton Park and they won't accept old licences (ie 2002) or BMMC/BRSCC etc club cards
Old 30 Jan 2003, 23:49 (Ref:491154)   #41
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I rang Tina (thanks Peter for finding a contact) and she was most helpful. Another one is being sent out.
BTW Observer, Octagon circuits should accept a club card or BMMC card as well as your grading card. I know there was a problem last year at Snet when a jobsworth at the gate wouldn't allow anyone in without a ticket, but that's been resolved with a pass for this year. Maybe that's the way Oulton should go.
Steve B
Old 31 Jan 2003, 09:18 (Ref:491529)   #42
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I for one need my licence, as it is a means of entry for Marshals at Oulton Park and they won't accept old licences (ie 2002) or BMMC/BRSCC etc club cards
Maybe now BMMC membership cards have photos they will accept them? They do seem to have double standards on this - for car meetings they insist on photos, yet for club bike meetings they accept ACU licences, which don't have a photo.

Not that I've got a problem - my MSA licence came about three weeks ago......

Last edited by Dave Brand; 31 Jan 2003 at 09:19.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 13:47 (Ref:491838)   #43
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stevebrown -
Octagon used to let us in with either MSA licences, BMMC membership cards or BRSCC etc membership cards. However we were instructed last year that only MSA licences (Valid) and with photo would be accepted. Our Chief Marshal for the BRSCC is reluctant to issue season passes because he feels it is impersonal and would have no contact throughout the season. The BRSCC NW region are excellent with their instructions for meetings and even issue a full list of volunteers - great for when you need a lift!
Old 31 Jan 2003, 21:16 (Ref:492281)   #44
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Ok guys and girls, I have spoken to Tina at the MSA this morning (thanks again Peter). Tina asks that anyone who has not received their licence telephone her as soon as possible and she will get another licence in the post within a day or so. Her telephone number is 01753 765000.

Get calling!
As reported on page 1 I contacted the RACMSA Ltd and the charming young lady has now furnished me with my licence, suitably upgraded.
So Stephen Green is right. Get calling!
Old 1 Feb 2003, 00:08 (Ref:492470)   #45
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finger Crossed

Well fingers crossed that everyone gets their respective cards before too long. Hopefully it will not put people off too much.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 3 Feb 2003, 08:15 (Ref:494592)   #46
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
At Brands Hatch training day on Saturday, it seemed that the majority of marshals hadn't received their licences. The story is that the Post Office have 'lost' a whole sack of licences sent by the MSA.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 13:28 (Ref:494830)   #47
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice (Glad I've got mine)
Old 3 Feb 2003, 13:58 (Ref:494876)   #48
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
mumble mumble curse swear
Old 4 Feb 2003, 12:56 (Ref:495987)   #49
scorch
Racer

England
scorch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just as a matter of interest what would happen if I didn't get a licence.
I know over the last few years I have got one and got attendance signatures on it, but at the moment they are just in a drawer gathering dust...

What am I supposed to do with them??
Old 4 Feb 2003, 13:23 (Ref:496024)   #50
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Gather more dust I expect!

It really is about time the MSA or whoever actually did something with our licences because as the system runs now, there's no point in having one. No one ever looks at them (apart from the Observer who signs them for attendance or grading). So what IS the point in having one?