Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1281716)   #26
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
German-English team from Todd...Pure spin plain and simple...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1281773)   #27
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had this question been posed before the season, most would have said that Jean's shopping list would also include Jenson, after all those podiums. But since the new BAR is a bit behind and somewhat unreliable, it seems Jenson's stock has suffered slightly. I suppose you can't overemphasize the importance of a good car...

I also feel that before this season, Jean would have wanted Kimi before Fernando as well. But if Alonso continues to mature and impress, the decision will be much more difficult. How about both of them?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1281781)   #28
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The answer is a resounding - perhaps.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 06:51 (Ref:1281824)   #29
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well Ferrari seem relatively competant at divise arrogant and legal matters, so I think they will defeat just about everyone unfortunately, just as they have trumped the others by signing with F1 and dumping GPWC. Thus, Ferrari should presumably find a way to obtain the driver line-up of Alonso AND Raikkonen.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1281846)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That assumes those drivers will want to go there, which I'm not sure they will.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1281934)   #31
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote : "Yes - but I still don't think Kimi would want to go to a post-Schumacher, post-Brawn, post-Byrne, post-Todt Ferrari on a downturn when he can stay with McLaren which is on an upswing."

Hmm..interesting KB. Ferrari won the last 6WCC and 5WDCs. They had a blip. They have great infrastructure and succession in place, although looking likely to lose Bryne/Michael/Brawn. And it's quite unlikely Todt would just leave at 2006. Remember that his role is more than just F1 in Ferrari.

Comparatively, Mclaren struggled. Since 2000, they've slipped to a terrible 2004. For the past 3 seasons, they started the championship with cars that struggled with basic problems, and when they finally get the season proper, the championship challenge is over. And they're looking to lose Newey when his contract ends, and despite the best positioned to win the first 3 races, failed to do so. Kimi is frustrated with the constant reliability problems and lack of performance, and recently looks to be losing his peak form too.

So what's to say that Mclaren is on a better ground in the near future than Ferrari? Simply because of a newer factory? Mclaren is showing promise, but i'd hardly dare say Ferrari's on a downswing when Mclaren's on an up. It's just baseless assumptions.

And i'd say Kimi may just indeed find driving for Ferrari a better choice than Mclaren.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1282091)   #32
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In recent years McLaren have been on a humiliating downswing - they're lucky to have a driver as good as Kimi to partially mask this. Big factories and posh PR facilies mean nothing when you can't build a reliable car in time.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1282095)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren had a poor year in 2004 - but aside from that they've always been in the top 2 or 3.

It's simply that they, like everyone else, have failed to cope with the Schumacher/Bridgestone/Ferrari steamroller.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1282123)   #34
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should finish 3rd this year, that's true, but I think in terms of the results they've got relative to what's been spent, they've been worse than Ferrari ever were. These new buildings will have to start paying for themselves in results pretty quickly.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1282124)   #35
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you had to put money on which team would hold together through a longish period, you'd be mad to bet against Ferrari. They have got a lot, lot more than just a few superstars holding a fragile organisation together - already Rory Byrne is taking a back-seat and the current car does not bear his name. The whole thing just would not work if they didn't have the infrastructure and systems in place, as well as the key personel.

It is true to say that McLaren have a very worthy outlook along those lines too - RD has said often that he'd like to think that anyone could leave the company and it would all still work. But - I think McLaren have wanted for design focus in recent years… this is borne-out to a degree by the current problem with the car, which kimi has said has existed for a couple of years. One wouldn't expect such a basic error from Ferrari - tyres aside they undoubtedly have the best car, and that isn't going to change in a hurry.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1282138)   #36
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
well Ferrari seem relatively competant at divise arrogant and legal matters, so I think they will defeat just about everyone unfortunately, just as they have trumped the others by signing with F1 and dumping GPWC. Thus, Ferrari should presumably find a way to obtain the driver line-up of Alonso AND Raikkonen.
If I remember correctly, they already lost Raikonen once (about 4 years ago).

And in what way did they "trump the others" by staying within the series they have been infor over 50 years, and "breaking away" from the series that tries to break away from the current series.
If they would have wanted to "trump the others", they wouldn't have announced this "move" last year (in the announcement which was incorrectly quoted by some media who wanted us to believe that Ferrari wanted to create yet another break-away series).
Old 20 Apr 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1282680)   #37
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Jean Todt want Kimi?

Not likely, if he's really going with Michelle Yeoh.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1282753)   #38
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Even if he does, Ron won't let him have him.
Kimi will be a Ferrari driver, but this is not a news because as discussed in another forum 3 weeks ago the reds already put him in with an option signed by the driver.
I know this cannot be believed, but I wouldn't write so if I wasn't sure 100%.
They have never (at least lately) thought about Alonso or Button.
All the rumors about these last 2 drivers are let gone around to cover the truth.
Yes, Jean Todt wants Kimi badly.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1282765)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting rumour there 312T4, I'll have to bookmark this thread and see if it proves to be correct. What would happen if Mcihael doesn't retire at the end of the seaosn, would Kimi stay with McLaren for another year or would Rubens leave?
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1282772)   #40
312T4
Racer

Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Interesting rumour there 312T4, I'll have to bookmark this thread and see if it proves to be correct. What would happen if Mcihael doesn't retire at the end of the seaosn, would Kimi stay with McLaren for another year or would Rubens leave?
Thanks!
You'll see this is what will happen.
MS has an personal option to race or not next year.
RB has not an option, but Ferrari has it on him.
So there will be a seat for kimi to race because (and this few people knew) kimi didn't extend the contract with Mclaren when it was announced JPM would have driven for the team.
He's actually free for 2006.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1282819)   #41
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And admittedly, with the great stories floated around of how exclusive and well Michael is being treated at Ferrari... with No.1 status... Truth or not, it's going to prove tempting for Kimi. Many drivers have admitted that they'd love to be the star focus of the team...and Kimi knows very well that Michael is going to retire in the very near future. So why not sign for Ferrari, taking a nice pay rise, and having the whole team to yourself? I really think 2006 would be the last year for Michael Schumacher, and if so, Kimi only has to contend one year with Schumacher, so it isn't going to bother him much.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1282852)   #42
312T4
Racer

Italy
And he can get more from the team being with MS and not fighting against him in the team.
But my feeling is that if MS will be world champion this year he won't race in 2006.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1283742)   #43
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like MS is going to stay at Ferrari. Well thats what pitpass.com are reporting?
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=24157
Old 21 Apr 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1283764)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah i've seen some story about it too....

However he also says that should he not carry on, there are four guys that he thinks are the ones who will be in the mix to replace him, or i guess, ultimately he and Rubens:

Kimi Raikkonen
Fernando Alonso
Felipe Massa
Mark Webber...
Old 21 Apr 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1283769)   #45
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Its on gazzetta as well. Its more like Todt is trying to convince Michael to stay...
Old 21 Apr 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1283776)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Probably, but MS is the one quoted today as mentioning the other 4 pilots...
Old 21 Apr 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1283950)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i must say that i really like the speculation in this thread, particularly ideas like NK going to ferrari in order to re-enforce thier ties with new markets which has always been an am with every team.
personally, i believe that MS will stay with ferrari post 2008 just out of loyalty. there has to be considerable pressure not just from ferrari but also from bernie and the banks to secure as many assets as possible to discourage a possible split and MS is one of the biggest assets in F1. keeping him into 2008 will no doubt reduce fears about the stenght of F1 in the future. that being said im sure the other nine will do everything in their power to lock up as much of the new talent in order to strengthen the position of the GPWC and that means ferrari may be left out in the cold.
but what do i know, i still secretly hope that JV will make a true comeback and follow in his fathers footsteps at ferrari
Old 26 Apr 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1287701)   #48
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312T4
Thanks!
MS has an personal option to race or not next year.
RB has not an option, but Ferrari has it on him.
So there will be a seat for kimi to race because (and this few people knew) kimi didn't extend the contract with Mclaren when it was announced JPM would have driven for the team.
He's actually free for 2006.
Correct. You have won a candy bar!!!
Old 26 Apr 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1287717)   #49
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would like Kimi vs Schu . maybe 2006

Ciao Marco