Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jan 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1208319)   #26
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
They can do wrong??
Old 24 Jan 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1208368)   #27
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In general, I couldn't care less what anybody does in their own free time.
However, if it's somebone famous showing that (s)he is just an ordinaty person they get my respect. I hate when 'celebrities' behave 'as they are expected to'.
If it was somebody anonimous this thread wouldn't have existed, and I wish these things never make it in the news.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1208584)   #28
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well folks... According to Planet F-1 (and even Autosport) it seems that something a bit over the top did happen. Planet F-1 said that (through innuendo) that during a lap dance kimi was as drunk as a skunk and took down his pants and was touching himself in front of the dancers. He was then thrown out of the club. Apparently, he was extremely arrogant as well.

For me such behaviour definately crosses the line.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1208588)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport did not say that.

Autosport says that McLaren are investigating whether the story is true.

Martin Whitmarsh: "Kimi's here, he's at the test and he's in good nick,"

"I'm aware of the media coverage and it's not welcome for him or the team. As with many of these kind of articles it may not be wholly accurate and it is his private life.

"Kimi is focussed and I've spoken to him, we take it seriously, and we have to establish what the truth is. As I've said these things can be exaggerated as I believe this has been but the perception can be really negative."

----

Key words there for me - things can be exaggerated as I believe this has been
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1208590)   #30
Frank_White
Racer

Obviously, Mclaren would not say that they have spoken to Kimi is they had'nt done some preliminary investigation. Planet -F1 however, DID SAY IT! Besides its obviously materially true, otherwise numerous publications would be sued for libel and the club would be sued for slander.

Furthermore, the detail of the story about the obscene behaviour is not something that would be made up. Moreover, anyone (a fortiori a famous person) would have to exhibit pretty extreme behaviour to get thrown out of a lap dancing club.

So come one folks, despite various degrees of hereo worship try to be objective here.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1208591)   #31
Frank_White
Racer

Btw, Kicking-Back, did you expect Martin Whitmarsh to come out and issue a press release saying that reports indicate that our star multi-millionaire driver is a drunken flasher. Lets get real.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1208593)   #32
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't get chucked out of a place for nothing. What disgusts me about this story s Kimi's alleged attitude of arrogance - nobody is perfect and I'd be the last one to criticise a man for getting drunk and playing the fool... but that isn't the same as being out of control and just plain unpleasant, which is far harder to forgive.

That boy had better get his head in the right place and quickly - Montoya is coming and he's going to make mincemeat of him if he's not 100%.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1208598)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
Btw, Kicking-Back, did you expect Martin Whitmarsh to come out and issue a press release saying that reports indicate that our star multi-millionaire driver is a drunken flasher. Lets get real.

No, but in my line of work, I know the risks of jumping in and assuming every tabloid story is true.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1208612)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm confused about this. Kimi gets drunk and acts stupid in a club, and people villify him. Chris Walker (bike racing star) does 130mph on open roads, gets a £1000 fine and 2-month driving ban, and people mock me for suggesting that the punishment was too low.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1208613)   #35
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's none of my business, so I'll say nothing else here. I care about on-track stuff.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1208684)   #36
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he has just been doing some PR work for McLaren's new sponsor - look public! look what alcohol can do for you! Mmmm booze.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1208694)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stop drinking Kimi. You mustn't have fun.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1208699)   #38
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Shame on Kimi. I used to be a fan but not since these stories have come out. I feel he is in danger of completely losing the plot if he doesen't get help soon. I also believe that he will be beaten by Montoya despite the fact that Kimi has been at McLaren for three full seasons while this will be Juan Pablo's first.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1208702)   #39
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Stop drinking Kimi. You mustn't have fun.
Ah now, that's the point. Far too many people are taken in by the tabloids and their festering hypocricy. Anyone in the public eye must never be seen to be enjoying themselves, just in case we might get too envious of their privileged lifestyle. When they do, we must all take a stance of pure self-righteousness and condemn outright their "disgraceful excesses".

Seems to me that Kimi is doing nothing more than getting the most out of life he can, the same as any born competitor... work hard, play hard.

Last edited by garcon; 24 Jan 2005 at 17:17. Reason: Add knowlesy's quote so my post makes sense!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1208708)   #40
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is in a bit of a no win situation...he's criticised daily for being cold and boring...now he gets drunk and gets thrown out of a club and gets hassle for it. Clearly there are limits to what a person can and should do, but everybody makes mistakes, just u can get away with them if your not in the public eye. James Hunt is celebrated as a character, due in no small part to his fondness for drinking.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1208713)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

Well, Kimi's back behind the wheel today and will test for the next three days.

He seems none the worse for it.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1208723)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Juan
Shame on Kimi. I used to be a fan but not since these stories have come out. I feel he is in danger of completely losing the plot if he doesen't get help soon. I also believe that he will be beaten by Montoya despite the fact that Kimi has been at McLaren for three full seasons while this will be Juan Pablo's first.

I wonder, Juan, if you would be saying this if, err, Juan was doing it....?

Nobody seemed to get upset when Schumacher got sozzled at Suzuka 2003 and started destroying everything whilst wearing a Toyota team shirt. Bloody hilarious it was!

It's nice to know these people have a fun side and are normal people.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1208753)   #43
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Nobody seemed to get upset when Schumacher got sozzled at Suzuka 2003 and started destroying everything whilst wearing a Toyota team shirt. Bloody hilarious it was!
Well I woulden't call myself a Schuey fan, but to be fair there is a difference between going out and getting bladdered once in a while and exposing yourself to strippers and doing weird stuff with inflatable dolphins in the middle of the streets!
And since when was wearing a Toyota shirt a crime?
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1208764)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Since Ralf moved there.

I can accept the argument that maybe Kimi has went too far in a way, but at the end of the day he's having a laugh and enjoying life. He hasn't done anything wrong and it's doubtful anyone nearby will have been offended, because they'll have been bladdered themselves.

It would be rather odd if he did it at the Monaco Grand Prix perhaps....but that ain't gonna happen. Kimi is a professional and cares too much about his racing. Has there been any indication of a drop in form? Nope, so all's well as far as I can see.

And it's nothing new. Remember during mid-2003 he fell onto the deck of a boat directly onto his head whilst drunk and he still nearly won the title!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1208771)   #45
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And it's nothing new. Remember during mid-2003 he fell onto the deck of a boat directly onto his head whilst drunk and he still nearly won the title!
So are you suggesting that if that incident hadnt happened...hed have won the WDC by 50 pts?
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1208773)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No. What I am suggesting is that Kimi's "alcoholism" () has no effect on his abilities as a driver.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1208776)   #47
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Kimi went too far...but it is his life..and im sure he understands the risks he's taking...
they have to be so concentrated during the season...that it is obvious that the drivers will want to have a nice tension release during off season.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1208783)   #48
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Ralf fan,

Drivers will want to have "a nice tension release" during the off season? Bearing in mind what Kimi was allegedly doing with himself I love your choice of words!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1208786)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

hehehe.....

Thread closed.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1208789)   #50
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Jet Plane
Hey Ralf fan,

Drivers will want to have "a nice tension release" during the off season? Bearing in mind what Kimi was allegedly doing with himself I love your choice of words!