Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1316758)   #51
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisi, man this guy needs a break, how many points does he have again?
Alonso has finished every race on the podium (ecept Monaco, 4th) yet Fisi has only had 3 points finishes and one podium, and that was his win.

I have a feeling he will do well at Montreal, has he has alwas done well there, what was it, 4 podiums there in a row?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1316765)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yer, but no doubt Fernando will blow his doors off again.....
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1316811)   #53
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all of the guys who have moved to new teams with incumbents in the sister car have had problems - Monty, Fisi, Ralf (to a certain extent) - we need to give them a bit more time, I feel. Certainly they aren't performing on par.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1316930)   #54
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Fisi has had some bad luck...but to me he just hasn't matched his hype IMHO (or just that I don't really pay much attention to him). If I were Flav, I would dump Fisi, and sign Heikki Kovalainen. Now that would be a "dream team" just like Kimi and Montoya (although Montoya is still starting out in the "pits"). I believe Heikki would give Alonso a great run for his money after a little while. Look what happened at last weekend's GP2??
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1316969)   #55
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty hard to show how good you are when your car breaks in all but one of the races.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1317739)   #56
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Pretty hard to show how good you are when your car breaks in all but one of the races.
Pretty hard to show how good you are whan you just lost a trial to your former manager who also happens to be your new team manager........
Old 3 Jun 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1318599)   #57
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Interesting point about Magny-Cours - essentially Flavio slammed Jarno for making a mistake and losing 2 points, but at Monza he said nothing about Alonso throwing away 8 points. At all times Flavio is considering how to make his boys (Alonso and Webber) look as good as possible (although Fernando is making that easy this year). Still, he did cheer when GCF passed Webber of all people, so he may have been putting on a front.
Do you think he payed jaguar to give webber the best equipment and latest developments over his team mates, pizzonia and Klien?

I believe Justin wilson would have destroyed webber had he have been given a fair chance at jaguar.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1318604)   #58
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrio
Pretty hard to show how good you are whan you just lost a trial to your former manager who also happens to be your new team manager........
Could you elaborate on that for us please Gabrio?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1318782)   #59
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Could you elaborate on that for us please Gabrio?
I can tell you something about this story Jeremy:
there was a legal battle between Fisico and Briatore concerning the management of the driver and his first stay in Benetton few years ago before Fisico went back to Jordan and then Sauber.
Well, all this story ended 2 weeks ago and the judge decided that Fisichella must pay Flavio few millions dollars because he was found guilty of contractual negligence within his relationship with Flavio at the time of Benetton.
I'm sure Gabrio knows the story better, but this is enogh to understand in what kind of position and pressure is Fisico driving now.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1318859)   #60
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi bad luck??

Australia=No he got all the luck in the world
Malaysia=No caused an incident which resulted in his DNF
Bahrain=DNF its unfortunate
Imola=DNF was reported as accident, but as far as i believe it wasn't 100% his fault as there were claims the car had certain problems.
Spain: Drove a consistent race and finsihed 5th
Monaco: Well when you tyres look like this who can blame you for not having a great grandprix.
Nuburgrove another consistent fast race

There have been a few cases where Fisi has come across bad luck, but it happens to everyone. Id say Kimi has had more bad luck than Fisi this year.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1318958)   #61
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo
Do you think he payed jaguar to give webber the best equipment and latest developments over his team mates, pizzonia and Klien?

I believe Justin wilson would have destroyed webber had he have been given a fair chance at jaguar.
It wouldn't surprise me. Obviously Williams can't be bought, as he and Nick are running quite evenly this year. On natural talent I'd put Wilson ahead of Webber, it's a shame his chance came mid-season.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1319415)   #62
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo

I could not agree more. Wilson is one heck of a driver....
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1319420)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed about Wilson's capability but it is a bit off topic folks.

Back to Fisi.

I really thought he'd turned a corner at Melbourne but I'm afraid I go back to my original opinion. He's lucky to be in F1, let alone in a decent car. Nice bloke but not, never, ever a wdc. (With apologies to Inigo Montoya).
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1319425)   #64
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
It wouldn't surprise me. Obviously Williams can't be bought, as he and Nick are running quite evenly this year. On natural talent I'd put Wilson ahead of Webber, it's a shame his chance came mid-season.
yeah I was very impressed with wilson, people dont remember but wilson did beat weeber in F3000!

Wilson made demon starts though in the minardi!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1319427)   #65
Gabrio
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I really thought he'd turned a corner at Melbourne but I'm afraid I go back to my original opinion. He's lucky to be in F1, let alone in a decent car. Nice bloke but not, never, ever a wdc. (With apologies to Inigo Montoya).
I could not agree on one single word of this, even if I was stoned blind...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1319431)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough but (and I may have missed it in which case I apologise) what is your opinion of him? Or should I determine that from your disagreement with my thoughts?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1319466)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fisi hdeserves a place in F1 based on his speed alone. However....

Unfortunately, he seemingly has a rather fragile mind which was crushed to a pulp the moment Alonso beat him in Malaysia. Season over: if your mind isn't on form, the rest of your game won't be either.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1319580)   #68
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, knowles, etc: So when you review the facts, you don't agree that he's had terrible luck this season?

Or you do, and your musings on his ability are based on.... nothing.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 03:48 (Ref:1319663)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agreed he's had terrible luck this year and he's also a quick driver. But the only good luck he's had is to get into a good F1 car. He's one of those drivers like Amon. Never going to make it to the very top. (You can quote me on that if he does).
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1319928)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm sorry Inigo, but Fisi hasn't done anything of any real brilliance this season, like he should be.

He has had some terrible luck, I agree. But he has also been completely outshone and he his only real result was gained after, funnily enough, the largest slice of luck anyone has had all season (the qualifying debacle)!
Old 4 Jun 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1319946)   #71
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Fisi hdeserves a place in F1 based on his speed alone. However....

Unfortunately, he seemingly has a rather fragile mind which was crushed to a pulp the moment Alonso beat him in Malaysia. Season over: if your mind isn't on form, the rest of your game won't be either.
At times you saw the headlines in the magazines, "second best driver in F1" everyone was saying Fisi is capable of winning WC in comeptative car and "when will he get his chance" etc.

Which has really gone to ruins. He hasn't performaned up to what was expected, yes he won Australia, but Alonso has won 4 now.

I mean at Malaysia he was complaining all weekend. The team even gave him extra revs and told him to use first gear during the race. They have the telemtary they can see Fisi can push harder, but still he doesn't, Because the self-belief was not there.

If you want a driver with self-belief look no further than Kimi.

Plus then Fisi suffered the knock on affect with a poor qual in the next few races. But at Nurburg he showed something coming through the pack after not being able to start from his qual posi.

I think there is more to come from Fisi this year thats for sure. He has the car, he has the speed, he just needs to use it more often.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1319966)   #72
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I agree on that (refering to post http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...59#post1318859 ), but if we compare his races to Alonso's then he's very unlucky. I mean Alonso had no mechanical failure whatsoever.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1319975)   #73
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisi's luck has certainly been up-and-down, but it certainly doesn't help when the team manager clearly has his favourite. I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories regarding Fisi's car, but it certainly wouldn't help Fisi and his mindset to know that Flav clearly favours Alonso...
Old 4 Jun 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1319994)   #74
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
Fisi's luck has certainly been up-and-down, but it certainly doesn't help when the team manager clearly has his favourite. I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories regarding Fisi's car, but it certainly wouldn't help Fisi and his mindset to know that Flav clearly favours Alonso...
Good to see you are not buying into conspiracy theories because they are as far as im concnerned. Both cars have a different team of engineers, and what benefits does it hold for Flavio to have one car doing awesome and the other poor?? It does nothing to help them in the constructors or marketing wise as they are yet to have a 1-2.

Flavio has a closer personal relationship with Alonso thats for sure. But not a closer technical relationship AT ALL!!

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 4 Jun 2005 at 20:32. Reason: autocensor dodge
Old 4 Jun 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1320157)   #75
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Never going to make it to the very top. (You can quote me on that if he does).

Don't worry, Peter, I will