Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2002, 05:41 (Ref:366391)   #26
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
""I suppose I've changed a lot really since I started racing. At first I wanted people to recognize me as a successful driver, and the trophies were important to me. Back in the very beginning, in 1959 and 1960, they were very important. You know, little egg cups and things like that were placed in prominent positions, and once, I think when I won some money and no prize, I even bought a cup and had it engraved, a terrible thing to do.
Now the trophies are not important to me. In fact, we were talking of having them melted down a few weeks ago and making a table with just a few badges on it. They're all shut away, apart from a good one or two, and whether I would want to look at them later in life. I don't honestly know. I don't think so. They don't mean much. If you want to remember your racing life, you can do it without trophies." Brian Redman.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:43 (Ref:366657)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Those pics are from Mac's website.

Mr V, actually on that page is a Doningtom 93 trophy. confused:
Your not the only one who's confused Red, i always thought that there was a bloody awful Sonic the Hedgehog trophy?
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:59 (Ref:366668)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Now i'm totally confused, sorry it's a bit crude, but had to take a pic using my digital camera of the 1993 review video, and it clearly shows Senna being presented with the "Sega" cup by Tom Whetcroft!
Attached Thumbnails
senna donington 93.jpg