Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:36 (Ref:75845)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

((News is emerging from Interlagos that Ralf Schumacher is under investigation for a fuel irregularity.)) From formula 1.com Anybody knows what happen will he be band or what?
gp19
Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:39 (Ref:75847)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he used irregular fuel he will be removed to the last position on the grid or even disqualified...I think thats improbable due to the importance of a good result for BMW and Michelin.
Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:48 (Ref:75851)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he will be allowed to race. His fuel samples did not match. Most drivers would be sent to the back of the grid for such an infraction. Maybe it had something to do with his last name?

Anyway, if he beats his brother I'll be happy.
Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:52 (Ref:75852)   #4
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, sh!# no!. If he looses the result I will be ****ed off.
Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:55 (Ref:75856)   #5
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Raoul...talking about Fantasy F1? I need the BMW's too for my team...lol.
Old 31 Mar 2001, 23:59 (Ref:75858)   #6
cleo 4 10
Rookie

cleo 4 10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During the broadcast on RDS today (the french-canadian equivalent of TSN) it was mentioned that during the drivers' meeting EI and JV spoke up about favoritism towards the brothers Schumacher.

I'm not knowledgeable about the rule here - do they normally take two samples or is the driver usually condemned after the first?
Old 1 Apr 2001, 00:08 (Ref:75862)   #7
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could be a close one,

F1 seem to regard the Schui's as the golden boys so past would suggest that the teams are fined, maybe Ralf starts from the back.

Nothing on BBC Ceefax at the moment though.

Simon
Old 1 Apr 2001, 00:56 (Ref:75881)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf will not be punished. The team probably will be fined, but this race is too important to let a mere infraction of the rules by the brother of TGF to screw up all Bernie's plans.

Hard words will be said to the Williams people for almost blowing their script, but nothing will be done. This is even better than "reality" TV.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:39 (Ref:75893)   #9
SL
Veteran

Great.... Global 'Big Brother' !!!!!!!!!

The secrets out, who will get ousted next week,

Phone 00 44 122 1220 JV
00 44 122 1221 MS
00 44 122 1222 RB
00 44 122 1223 MH...............

Who will scrawl chalkmarks on the grid, who will order cheap cider. Well spotted Liz, Big Bernies next money makeing scheme.

Simon
Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:45 (Ref:75894)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poached from Autosport.com:

Williams star will start Brazilian GP from second on the grid

Ralf Schumacher has survived a scrutineering scare hours after putting his Williams-BMW on the front row for the Brazilian Grand Prix.

There were fears that Schumacher would be thrown to the back of the grid after his car failed a fuel test following his second place in qualifying, just three tenths of a second behind his brother Michael.

Officials said a first test showed the fuel was not the same as those approved for use by the FIA.

But after hearing from the FIA technical delegate, the FIA Fuel Analyst and the team, they agreed that one more sample would be analysed.

Darkness had descended on the Interlagos circuit before the final verdict was announced.

"After examining the results of this further analysis the Stewards are now satisfied that the fuel used during qualifying was one approved for use by the Competitor," the FIA said in an official statement five hours after the session finished.

Schumacher will start second on the grid alongside world champion Michael and make championship history as the first brothers to start side by side on the front row in the sport’s 50-year history.

"It’s a very emotional moment for me," said Michael Schumacher. "It is something special to have your brother alongside you on the grid."

============

Hands up who thinks things would have come out differently if the Williams pilot who was scrutineered had been named Montoya.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 02:04 (Ref:75903)   #11
SL
Veteran

Q1. If it took 1 Williams mechanic 30 minutes to load a
Quad with $1000 and deliver to Big Brother how many
mechanics did it take to balance the scales in 4 hours
Notes are in used currency $10 -$20 only. Big Bernie
sorry Brother needs 45 minutes to verify the amount.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 02:13 (Ref:75909)   #12
Liz
Veteran

"Look, I realise cheating runs in your family - but I already promised you'd win the race - what in the Wide Wide World of Sports were you trying to do to me? The next time this happens it's right to the back of the grid with you, I don't care what your name is! What? Oh, right, of course we'll disqualify the other kid just so you don't actually suffer ... "

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of "As the Scrutineer Turns (slowly in the wind) ... "
Old 1 Apr 2001, 02:39 (Ref:75917)   #13
SL
Veteran

Could I have the musucal rights to the story please.

Just imagine two stormy nations Germany / Austria or Puerto Rica / Mexico in an exiting city. San Paulo or New York. Set it to a Shakespeare play.

Title must be a STORY

There are two SIDES

and WEST mclaren sponser it

Any ideas for the name or plot ?????
Old 1 Apr 2001, 02:47 (Ref:75918)   #14
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading the reasoning for Ralf getting let off, I have no doubt that if it was any other driver he would find himself at the back of the grid. Why? It happened to Villeneuve at this race 2 years ago, and the fuel he had was legal, but did not match the original sample given to the FIA.

Why don't they just publish the results of the season NOW so the drivers dont have to drive in these pointless dangerous races.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 07:45 (Ref:75941)   #15
girlinoz
Rookie

girlinoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport the second sample was proven to have been approved. What we must ask is why did the first sample not conform?

I don't have a problem with them requesting a second sample. As the car would have been under security in parc ferme and (hopefully) out of reach of interference.

Was the equipment they used a bit dodgy, or is it a conspiracy theory?
Old 1 Apr 2001, 11:37 (Ref:76002)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GirlinSoup,

Welcome to the madhouse. I guess you have to wake at 3am as well to see why the Brothers Grim are due to stake an award winning performance in the art of legalised cheating.

Why do we bother?
Old 1 Apr 2001, 12:59 (Ref:76013)   #17
Liz
Veteran

For the same reason we stop to look at a train wreck. Morbid curiosity.

If Ralf wins today, I defy anyone to say again - and believe it - that Formula One isn't rigged.

As for the name of the musical, why not just call it "Cheaters"? or "How To Succeed in Racing With Lots of Help from your Friends"?
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:29 (Ref:76020)   #18
girlinoz
Rookie

girlinoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Moffie

Yep, lots of strong coffee for us tonight!!
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:46 (Ref:76024)   #19
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this in THE OXFORD DESK DICTIONARY and THESAURUS.... but I will note that my copy is the American Edition...not the Canadian, Austrailian, Tibetan, Icelandic, or for that matter...the original English Edition.... soooo maybe paranoia is not found in those editions...... but from the American Edition, here goes......

par a noi a (noun)
1. personality disorder esp. characterized by delusions of persecution and self-importance.
2. abnormal tendency to suspect and mistrust others.
par a noi ac adj. & n.
par a noid /-noyd adj. & n.

hmmmmmmmmmm.........#2.......hmmmmmmmmmm (to paraphase that oldl SNL bit..... "That's the Ticket"!!!!!!)

Whether Ralf wins today, or Michael, Mika, Jarno, David, or even Kiki...... I believe it AND will say it...Formula One is not rigged!

well... gotta do some yard work then at lunch, clean myself up, and then sit back and enjoy the pointless, dangerous, Brazilian train wreck............

take care, all

Murph
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:51 (Ref:76027)   #20
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can it be illegal once, and then legal a few hours later. If the second, approved sample was the one used by the car, then what was hte first?
Again one rule for the Schumachers and another for the rest (the Brazilian stewards probably saw the name Schumacher and thought it was the Ferrari driver)
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:59 (Ref:76030)   #21
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

I think I can explain this problem.

Ralf was first proved not to have used exactly the same fuel than Williams had fixed for the weekend. Then second and third time he was proved legal for the difference between the 2 kinds of fuel was minimal. Williams had explained that there was a rest of fuel from the testings that got mixed up, nothing illegal, just not the same fuel.

Again I got this info in the austrian TV by Heinz PrĂ¼ller...means it must be right...lol.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:03 (Ref:76033)   #22
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last few 'mix-up's I remember resulted in the driver being sent to the back of the grid
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:06 (Ref:76036)   #23
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the biggest things going for today's GP (TV ratings and all that) and the next few races will be whether MS can match/beat Ascari's record of 9 wins in a row.

For all conspiracy lovers, this would mean any threats to MS winning today should be eliminated would't it?

Then please explain how letting Ralf start second, being the biggest challenge to a Michael win, is proof of Bernie's evil, money/driven conspiracy to favor Ferrari and MS?

It may help in this "conspiracy madness", to avoid the definition of a fanatic(trying even harder, long after you've forgotten your goals).

Anybody who has done any kind of research knows that one must sometimes repeat assays or experiments to be sure of the results. The second fuel sample was found to be OK, and that's that.

On the other hand, I now have no doubt, that the Schumacher brothers (with the help of Bernie's billions of course)are responsible for the crash of NASDAQ.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:11 (Ref:76038)   #24
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Not only for the crash of NASDAQ, also Bush's presidency in the states and for the earthquake in India...because I know thaz Bernie is God. (sorry if I hurt someone's religious feelings)