Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:08 (Ref:75884)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a disasterous start to the season, McLaren International's Ron Dennis has officially withdrawn the team from this weekends Brazilian Grand Prix.

With only hours until the lights go out at the South American venue, Dennis said:
We're just not competitive anymore, and with the substantial lead that Ferrari already have, what's the point?"

Drivers Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard are said to be furious at the last minute decision.

Dennis went on to say: "Of course, this isn't true at all. That very good friend of mine, Sparky (over at the web's finest Formula 1 Forum, Ten-Tenths) put me up to this as some kind of April Fools joke. And I have to say, what a great gag it is! Well Done!"

Well, who'd have guessed that?
Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:13 (Ref:75885)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imao@Sparky
Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:32 (Ref:75891)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For that April Fool 'joke' I hope that the heavens open and swallow you whole now unless you say 'white rabbits' PDQ

Old 1 Apr 2001, 01:47 (Ref:75896)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd better put a sign on your lawn saying I WAS JOKING - millions of punters are on their way to your place as we speak ...

P.S. (YA GOT ME!!!!!!!!!! )
Old 1 Apr 2001, 09:55 (Ref:75961)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
YOU GOT ME TOO SPARKY !

Someone just took note of your IP and e-mail. Forget about receiving any files or messages in the next 12 months. They will be loaded with virus to destroy your hard drive and stop the fans of your PC !!!!!

Must be some McLaren fanatic.

P.S.: This is NOT an April fools joke.

Old 1 Apr 2001, 10:07 (Ref:75964)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was nearly had with two other "news" that I read somewhere else - one being that Ferrari had been caught with illegal traction control and disqualified from the race - the other being that both Schumacher brothers had been relegated to the last row because of qualifying irregularities. It got me for a few seconds, and then I remembered what date it is today!
Old 1 Apr 2001, 10:18 (Ref:75966)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
You had me going there too Sparky! I tend to forget that April 1st is a day for April Fools jokes, seeing as it's a far more important day than that.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 12:25 (Ref:76009)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go on, Sparkster, GET OUT!! GO ON!! BUGGER OFF!! That was appalling! (but very good, nonetheless!!)
Old 1 Apr 2001, 17:33 (Ref:76073)   #9
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Guys! Couldn't resist it...

(I even used the exact same gag right here last year! )

Mind you. I bet Ron really is feeling that way at the moment!!
Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:07 (Ref:76145)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bet he isn't now!