Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 14 Apr 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1890969)   #251
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pole by a mile today. Looking better!
Old 14 Apr 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1891055)   #252
lovebritF3
Rookie

England
lovebritF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alot better! good look robbie!
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1891161)   #253
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Blimey, where did that come from?! Even the GBR engineer and owner weren't looking at the screens when he crossed the line ... as if they weren't expecting it either.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:45 (Ref:1892922)   #254
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work from Robbie. Sadly I only saw the second half of the feature race so dont know how he got there, but a win is a win is a win and it really is long overdue after last season at Brands.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1895342)   #255
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerr to drive at Brands
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1895361)   #256
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I believe Olly would have been stronger, but it seems that John has a vested-interest in Robbie…
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1895374)   #257
Peno
Racer

Peno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon that Jarvis has been much more impressive in 4 races than Kerr has in almost two seasons.

Note to Team GBR: Have Kerr stand in for Jarvis when he's not available in 07/08, not the other way round like this season.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1895380)   #258
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The job OJ did last season against Double R's Bruno and Mike, with an underpowered car was hugely impressive. His 4 races have been excellent. Note that John's comments after Olly's performances hardly strike of a man who's elated, though he's full of praise for Robbie after his drives.

I like Robbie, but he's not anything special, while OJ could be...so the choice can't be based on performance.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1895407)   #259
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't buy into these conspiracy theories.

Kerr is in the race seat because the team think he is the quicker driver at Brands. Full stop.

Time will tell whether it was the right call, but all this conspiracy nonesense smacks of sour grapes.

P.s. does anyone know really who shot Kennedy?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1895540)   #260
Kebab
Racer

I don't know why I keep coming back here, people are so biased. Each time the fans for a particular driver come out making comments that can't possibly be justified.

Jarvis was gifted his 2nd place (was it 3 or 4 people who went off in front of him?) and gifted extremely favourable circumstances for his win ... there is no way you could describe his races as anything above ordinary and 'safe'. He's yet to even overtake someone.

Whereas Kerr's qualifying was an inspiration - to go 1/2 second faster than anyone else in a car NOT setup by the team who are winning the championship by a large margin.

If you want to talk about OJ in F3 then you should also talk about what Kerr did in F3.

I have a feeling GB did well this weekend 'cos Turvey did a great job and helped Robbie get the car where he wanted it. For me it is a strange coincidence that they change the rookie and suddenly they get their first pole of the year.

I think Surtees is quite capable of knowing what is a good performance and what is an average performance and giving praise appropriately. He also is aware of what is happening inside the team when we're not.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1895554)   #261
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your way off the mark, what you seem to be forgetting is that the articles state that the the decision was made prior to Mexico. Why would any of the team be interested in what the decision was going to be when they already new.

Oh and Kebab i think your dead right about Turvey, he did exactly what was asked of him and didn't try and prove himself.
Thats what you need in a Rookie Tester, just go out do your job.

Last edited by nev; 19 Apr 2007 at 15:04.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 09:00 (Ref:1896084)   #262
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just hope that there is no tension between the two drivers, I hope Jarvis doesn't have sour grapes and he plays the team game. Kerr took the victory in Mexico well (which must have been damn hard to watch) and Jarvis will serve himself (and the team) better if he backs Kerr during the weekend.

Regardless of who it is in the car It would be great to have a podium or even a win for team GBR at Brands... The atmosphere will be electric! *feeling very patriotic!*
Old 20 Apr 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1896090)   #263
spider
Veteran

England
London
Too right Play mate! Can't wait for it.

To the lads above though, I’m confused as to why you feel I’m being bias towards OJ?

I simply have the opinion that he’s a better prospect than Robbie Kerr. I know both camps well. I tried to sign him for Durango, but sadly his budget didn’t stretch.

It’s not a case of being bias, but simply looking at performances and making a personal judgement, as you guys can clearly do too.

I’d be delighted to see Robbie go out there and blow the opposition away at Brands, which I will be attending on both Saturday and Sunday.

Hope it's dry...!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1896196)   #264
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider
I’d be delighted to see Robbie go out there and blow the opposition away at Brands, which I will be attending on both Saturday and Sunday.

Hope it's dry...!
I might see you there!

From a spectator comfort point of view I hope it is dry, hot & sunny. I could do with topping up my tan & enjoying a nice cold half or two.

From a driver point of view I am not so worried because Kerr has proven to be top drawer in wet conditions and probably knows the track as well - if not better - than the rest of the field.

Whatever the weather it is going to be a brilliant weekend.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 23:52 (Ref:1896745)   #265
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
I don't know why I keep coming back here, people are so biased. Each time the fans for a particular driver come out making comments that can't possibly be justified.
No offence but that is a bit contradictory don't you think?

I do want to see Robbie in the GB car next week though.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 09:56 (Ref:1897540)   #266
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the A1GP website:

"...A1 Team Great Britain officials have confirmed that both Robbie Kerr and Oliver Jarvis will race with them for the third season of A1GP World Cup of Motorsport."

Jarvis told A1GP.com: “I’ve spoken with Tony Clements, the seat holder, and he assures me I’ll have a much bigger role in the third season. This is one of the reasons I have taken the decision to stay on board.

Robbie won’t have it all his own way as much as he had this year and we will have to work more as two race drivers..."

Is it just me, or is that a bit of an arrogant and unappreciative way of Olly wording this??

...But i'm pleased GBR will have a strong line-up again next year.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 08:27 (Ref:1898299)   #267
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by play mate
Is it just me, or is that a bit of an arrogant and unappreciative way of Olly wording this??

...But i'm pleased GBR will have a strong line-up again next year.
Yeah it is rather isn't it. But if Ollie has the impression that Kerr has the management in his pocket and he has driven his way into a good ride then maybe he has reason to be.
(Not that I'm saying any of the above is true - just an idea!)
Old 23 Apr 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1898605)   #268
nev
Racer

Im sure the Team will have something to say about that comment as it doesn't really promote a "Team" environment.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1898648)   #269
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
From what I've been hearing, the situation within the team is nearly as divided as the posts on this thread. I expect Oli was disappointed not to get the Brands drive after winning the feature race in Mexico. Don't forget that's the one that brings in the prize money.

At a guess, I'd say that the franchise holder Tony Clements wanted Oli to drive at Brands, but John Surtees wanted Robbie. That's why it was 'political'.

I don't have any particularly strong views either way. You can make a very good case for both of them, but if Robbie doesn't win, there may be some finger pointing afterwards.

It's off topic, but I reckon Narain Karthikeyan will be one to watch at Brands, if he can hold it together. He's always been something of an ace around the GP circuit.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1898743)   #270
nev
Racer

[QUOTE=strider]
At a guess, I'd say that the franchise holder Tony Clements wanted Oli to drive at Brands, but John Surtees wanted Robbie. That's why it was 'political'.
QUOTE]

Id say you were wrong, for a start, Surtees has no financial input into the team and is just a figurehead. Also Tont Clements isn't the only financial backer as far as im aware he heads up a consortium that holds the majority share and i dont think business men with that kind of capital are interested in the opinions of the drivers or Surtees and are jus looking out for thier own wallets. imho of course.

Robbie has a far better track record than any of Team GBR's other options and im sure there happy with the choice of driver especially after the immature comments jarvis made the other day. imho you wouldn't want to publicise any cracks in in your team infrastrcture if there were any.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1898889)   #271
Kebab
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
No offence but that is a bit contradictory don't you think?

I do want to see Robbie in the GB car next week though.
No I don't think - in fact if you read my posts I usually make sure i have good reasons for everything I say. Unlike "X is better than Y 'cos I think so' rubbish that is posted here all too often.

Regardless of who's better in ability, Jarvis deserves to be sitting on the sidelines for the comments above.

I hope they change their mind and hire Turvey instead.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1899096)   #272
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well, yes it is - but quotes are notoriously unreliable. We don't know the context in what he said it.
I presume it's meant in a bit of jest, to urge Kerr on. If Kerr knows his drive is very much under threat, then he will drive harder to protect his seat. No malice intended and, I hope for the relationship in team, non taken by Robbie.

It's also important to note that this has appeared on the official website, so I doubt very much that it's not got through Team GB and relevant media people first.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1899228)   #273
nev
Racer

So do you not think that confirms it wasn't a joke and that the team didn't aprove of his comments
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1899255)   #274
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
From the A1GP website:

Jarvis told A1GP.com: “I’ve spoken with Tony Clements, the seat holder, and he assures me I’ll have a much bigger role in the third season. This is one of the reasons I have taken the decision to stay on board.

Robbie won’t have it all his own way as much as he had this year and we will have to work more as two race drivers..."

The comments are a little disappointing and perhaps show a bit of immaturity on Ollies part. There is a thin line between arrogance and confidence and I suspect he was intending to appear confident. I am sure he will choose his words more carefully with time.

If he was intending to put pressure on the team to give him more drives next season by making public what may or may not have been discussed behind closed doors I think he was being a little niave and should tread carefully.

What is interesting is that he makes no secret of the fact that he has found it very frustrating this season with the Rookie role and wants to put down a marker for next season.

Hopefuly he will chanel this frustration positively into next season and the competition for the race seat will bring out the best in both drivers.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1899318)   #275
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
So do you not think that confirms it wasn't a joke and that the team didn't aprove of his comments
Sorry, do I not think what confirms it wasn't a joke?