Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Jul 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3657475)   #1
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Asian Le Mans Series 16/17

With the start of the winter series still months away, there is already a much more appealing looking grid starting to come together for this season, below is the list I've accumulated from releases and rumours, do share if you have any more!

Calendar 16/17:

Zhuhai, China - 30th October 2016

Fuji Speedway, Japan - 4th December 2016

Buriram, Thailand - 8th January 2017

Sepang International, Malaysia - 22nd January 2017

Asian Le Mans Series 2016-2017 Entry list

LMP2

- Eurasia Motorsport - Oreca 03R Nissan - TBA / TBA / TBA

LMP3

- WinEurasia - Ligier LMP3 - TBA / TBA

- Team AAI - Adess 03 LMP3 - TBA / TBA

- Infinity Race Engineering - Adess 03 LMP3 - TBA / TBA

- Ayelzo Ecotint Racing - Ginetta LMP3 - Zen Low / Mike Simpson

- PRT Racing Team - Ginetta LMP3 - Charlie Robertson / Ate De Jong

- ARC Bratislava - Ginetta LMP3 - Gaetan Paletou / TBA

- ARC Bratislava - Ginetta LMP3 - TBA / TBA

- PS Racing - Adess 03 LMP3 - TBA / TBA

GT

- Eurasia Motorsport - Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA

- KCMG - Porsche 911??? - TBA / TBA / TBA

- Clearwater Racing - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Mok Weng Sung / Keita Sawa / TBA

- Team AAI - McLaren 650s GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA

- Team AAI - BMW M6 GT3 - Lam Yu / TBA / TBA

- OD Racing - McLaren 650s GT3 - Fairuz Fauszy / TBA / TBA

- TBA - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Vincenzo Sospiri / TBA

POSSIBLE

- KCMG - Oreca 05 Nissan LMP2 - TBA / TBA / TBA

- KCMG - LMP3 - TBA / TBA / TBA

- Infinity Race Engineering - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - TBA / TBA / TBA

- Dragonspeed - Oreca 05 Nissan LMP2 - TBA / TBA

- TDS Racing - Oreca 05 Nissan LMP2 - TBA / TBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3659201)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Algarve Pro will do the full season, perhaps their first ever in these circles, and so misses their home ELMS race at Portugal in order to make Zhuhai (exact opposite of last year). Looks like they really want those non-reserve LM invites.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3659276)   #3
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Algarve Pro will do the full season, perhaps their first ever in these circles, and so misses their home ELMS race at Portugal in order to make Zhuhai (exact opposite of last year). Looks like they really want those non-reserve LM invites.

Good tactics, is it only an auto invite for championship winner in each class?

Old 17 Jul 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3659282)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Good tactics, is it only an auto invite for championship winner in each class?

Yes

Except winning CN and Cup-GT gives you nothing
Old 17 Jul 2016, 21:48 (Ref:3659289)   #5
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alpine will also compete in P2 with their 05.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 23:18 (Ref:3659301)   #6
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes

Except winning CN and Cup-GT gives you nothing

So I guess they figure they stand a stronger chance of winning ASLMs outright

Old 26 Jul 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3661217)   #7
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zhuhai International Circuit announced that for the Pan Delta Super Racing Festival Autumn Race on 16-18 September, there will be a special class in Circuit Hero-One for cars that are eligible to race in the Asian Le Mans Series to enter.

All drivers must hold valid racing licenses from China, Hong Kong, Macau or Chinese Taipei.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 06:40 (Ref:3661233)   #8
Bcarr6
Veteran

SPV racing will be running Ashraff Dewal and Borja Garcia in a Ligier LMP3 in the upcoming season

Surprisingly this is only the second announced Ligier LMP3 so far.

We currently have 2 Ligiers, 1 Norma, 3 Adesses, 4 Ginettas

Old 26 Jul 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3661291)   #9
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Race Performance in P2?
Old 28 Jul 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3661588)   #10
Jam3s
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Race Performance in P2?
I think it'll be a case of whether they can get drivers, same with Eurasia.

We know Algarve will be there now, Alpine are a probably as well.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3665685)   #11
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I mentioned before, Asian Le Mans cars/teams are eligible to enter Pan Delta Summer Race. Race entry info is here:
Old 1 Sep 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3668928)   #12
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More scheduling rumblings (opening race):

Quote:
“The biggest headache right now is the first race. I think for everyone, just for car availability and spare parts as well. It’s trying to jump-start something.”

With the season-opener in Zhuhai one week after the European Le Mans Series finale, and two races prior to the end of the FIA World Endurance Championship season, Cheng is currently searching for a car to use for the first race.
from SC365
Old 2 Sep 2016, 01:14 (Ref:3669085)   #13
Jam3s
Racer

And they've only had teams in their ear about the ridiculous scheduling for 2 years now....
Old 2 Sep 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3669178)   #14
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
As I mentioned before, Asian Le Mans cars/teams are eligible to enter Pan Delta Summer Race. Race entry info is here:
Hi,what is the progression of Asian LM car/team participation on PanDelta now?
Old 25 Sep 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3675128)   #15
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/4e671b..._18_Sep_16.pdf

31 cars for the full season, that's more than impressive
Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3675135)   #16
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes and no, yes looking at where they come from, no when you see four p2s, 1 CN and 1 GT Cup. P3 & GT look fine, especially with its variety. Wait, does that mean I have to watch it as well? Ooof.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3675144)   #17
Bcarr6
Veteran

Let's hope they actually make it available online this year

Old 26 Sep 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3675203)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Needs to do what ELMS does. Online live on YouTube, available at any time afterwards for viewing. I'll watch it if I can pick up the full race the morning after.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 07:06 (Ref:3675204)   #19
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think le sports are broadcasting in China so if that's true then the track cameras etc must exist so hopefully there will be streaming.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3675306)   #20
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Needs to do what ELMS does. Online live on YouTube, available at any time afterwards for viewing. I'll watch it if I can pick up the full race the morning after.
Dailymotion.

Apologies for the nitpick, but the ACO probably couldn't cope with the French Connection being ignored (nor, do I suspect, would they want to be seen championing the same service as SRO...)
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3675309)   #21
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not sure about that, the youtube version of the race mentioned that it was "streamed 20 hours ago", so I'm thinking they're broadcasting on both platforms (even wiser).
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3675325)   #22
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's me told, thanks Ephaeton, apologies Akrapovic.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3675353)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Let's hope all those recovered Ginettas run by these teams make their way to Road to Le Mans next year. The chassis certainly showed their pace this year, against all odds.

Anyway I think what ACO should've done is ban the spec 2017-LMP2s from this series and solely re-extent the lifespan of those old LMP2 Zyteks and Orecas. Then the obsolete cars could've run exclusively in ASLMS until 2025 or whatever
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3675356)   #24
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
I think it's sad and surprising to not see SMP BR01s in there.
From the model names, one would assume there is no 2017 spec P2 in the asian le mans series: Oreca 03R Judd, Ligier JSP2, Oreca 03R Nissan.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3675359)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
I think it's sad and surprising to not see SMP BR01s in there.
From the model names, one would assume there is no 2017 spec P2 in the asian le mans series: Oreca 03R Judd, Ligier JSP2, Oreca 03R Nissan.
It starts to soon for the spec chassis to be ready to be supplied. And anyway the class is so small and relatively noncompetitive anyway that you might as well go with the old cars for the foreseeable future

The lame seasonal scheduling is to blame again for SMP

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...kend-notebook/
***SMP Racing has tried to put together an Asian LMS program with a BR Engineering BR01 Nissan, but timing restrictions with the ELMS and WEC rounds make it challenging for the start of the season. However, the Russian squad hasn’t ruled out an entry at Buriram and Sepang.