Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2994817)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MG Car Club - Final 2012 meeting

The MG Car Club final meeting of the year.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3148367)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Looking at the entry lists I have found our Tim, MGDavid and Simon Benoy entered. Anyone else? Timetable and those lists all on MGCC website.

On the 200 circuit, Event includes usual series plus the BMH 4hr Relay Sunday afternoon. Hope to get over sometime on Saturday to kick a few tyres. Latest weather suggesting rain passing through Thursday night into Friday, then mainly dry Saturday but cold at night. It is October.......
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3148372)   #3
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just put in a late entry for Saturday's Ecurie GTS race (can't do Sunday) in the Elite.

Following the disappointment of the clutch plate breaking at Castle Combe on Saturday, I'm hoping for better things of the little Lotus.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3148471)   #4
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - I'll be in the relay race with a team of Imps. The MG CC relay will hopefully be more suitable for our cars than the Birkett so looking forward to it.

Cheers - Simon
Old 8 Oct 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3148521)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'm spanner for Alex on Saturday Mike, his race is 14.00 so Jackie'll have lunch at the van from 12.30 if you fancy a bite...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3148708)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I'm spanner for Alex on Saturday Mike, his race is 14.00 so Jackie'll have lunch at the van from 12.30 if you fancy a bite...
Not "double heading" this time?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3148759)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
yes, my race is first thing Sunday morning
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3148910)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah I see. Enjoy!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3148917)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks for the offer David. Very kind. Truck loading for Portugal will influence when I can get to circuit and guess will be pm!

See you there.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3149592)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks for the offer David. Very kind. Truck loading for Portugal will influence when I can get to circuit and guess will be pm!

See you there.
Mike, make sure you pop "upstairs" and come and say hello - you know you are always welcome!!! Even more so when you've not left those big thick black lines on JP's nice smart pitlane tarmac!!

Terry
Old 10 Oct 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3149594)   #11
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes, my race is first thing Sunday morning
Enjoy the finals weekend. The ZS has had a good year! I'll be dealing with your MGOC counterparts at Thruxton...
Old 10 Oct 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3149656)   #12
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Enjoy the finals weekend. The ZS has had a good year! I'll be dealing with your MGOC counterparts at Thruxton...
thanks Dan; we have to keep her in one piece for the Birkett in 2 weeks' time. Some winter mods are planned too...
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3149818)   #13
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the forecast this morning for Thetford, it is showing fine weather for the weekend.

What does the local knowledge say Mike?

I'd really like to finish the season in the dry

Old 11 Oct 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3149888)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Looking at the forecast this morning for Thetford, it is showing fine weather for the weekend.

What does the local knowledge say Mike?

I'd really like to finish the season in the dry

I'll go and check the seaweed and see how low the swallows are flying...

Used to use the Motorsport Weather App but seeing as they can't get it to work with IOS6 some common sense and local BBC instead-

Rain tonight, dry but cloudy Friday, sun and possible shower Saturday, windy (ha, never windy at Snett!) and more likelyhood of rain Sunday. Low pressure system predicted to be over south of country then, but obviously path could be different to what computer is saying....

Old 11 Oct 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3149994)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Mike, make sure you pop "upstairs" and come and say hello - you know you are always welcome!!! Even more so when you've not left those big thick black lines on JP's nice smart pitlane tarmac!!

Terry

Bet I'm not allowed.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3151168)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It was nice to catch up with Mike and David today, sorry I had to dash off but they called our race early.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3151300)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It was nice to catch up with Mike and David today, sorry I had to dash off but they called our race early.
Likewise, Tim. Hope everyone had a good day in the October sun (mostly!).

Enjoyed visit upstairs as well, so thanks Terry for allowing me in!

Have a good day today everyone, I'll wave as I pass the circuit this morn on way to ferry!

Old 15 Oct 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3152150)   #18
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our first event with the MGCC and we were made very welcome. The relay race was just as we had hoped it would be - a nice mix of cars, a few of which we could keep up with and very enjoyable. All our team loved the event and hope to be able to join in again next year.

There were a few 'very moderns' but they gave us room when whizzing by, especially in the wet where our Dunlop crossplies are struggling a bit and they are cooling their soft wets in the wettest bits!

Hopefully there will be a few pics posted...

Cheers - Simon
Old 15 Oct 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3152218)   #19
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some pics here Simon.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=be666fd405
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3152223)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Do you have anything from Saturday Andrew?
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3152229)   #21
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry Tim, was only there for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3152350)   #22
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andrew,

well done once again for great picture gallery. Good to see you again.

GT.