Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1446002)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Brands Hatch Racing Club 12th & 13th Nov

BHRC are looking for volunteer marshals to help run their meeting at Brands Hatch on the weekend 12th & 13th November.

It looks like a packed programme over the two days with Formula Palmer Audi heading the bill with 3 races. There are also 3 races for T Cars, VSR/Super Silhouettes, Autumn Car Trophy, Autumn Sports and GT's and Autumn Single Seaters.

To show their appreciation to marshals, there will be a voucher available at sign on, discounting the cost of a full breakfast to £3 and of course there will be the usual marshals raffle at the end of the day with several prizes being donated by MSV.

If you are able to help, please e-mail Mildred of the BRSCC at

mildred@brscc.co.uk

and she will issue tickets when available.

I hope you will be able to come along and enjoy what looks like being a good weekends motorsport!
Old 28 Oct 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1446067)   #2
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, Sorry Stephen. You'll have to do without me as I'll be in Epsom Hospital, getting over my operation on the previous WEdnesday. Hopefully, this will mean I can get to Brands more in 2006...We'll see...Gotta get fit for Sebring
Old 30 Oct 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1447737)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable for the weekend is available on the following link;
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/re...12.3%20Nov.pdf

Terry
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:39 (Ref:1448149)   #4
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may show up on the Sunday, that is if I'm not bored to death after a 10 hour into the (late) night race at Zolder on the Saturday.
Aaaaaaarghhhh!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1448153)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I look forward to seeing you then Eddie. Drop Mildred an e-mail for tickets as usual.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1448738)   #6
Fat Controller
Rookie

United Kingdom
A race track near Canterbury, Kent
Fat Controller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there. Could we please order the good weather of the Saturday and Sunday of the FFF - most welcome!!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1448881)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'll do my very best Sir
Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1449696)   #8
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I may be able to make it !. Not knowing my work shift till last moment means i can not commit yet,but will make a good effort to be there sunday
Old 1 Nov 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1449959)   #9
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the best Stoooooo! I'm a bit confused here Stephen...why is the BRSCC trying to help the BHRC? I know the peeps at the BRSCC are all very nice and all that but whats going to happen next year?? ie: where are all the marshals (and other officials)going to come from to help run the BHRC meetings (very little-if any advertising for the club at present in the weekly's), what incentives are there going to be to get people to join the BHRC... and if there are any-will people leave the BRSCC to do so or continue to support the BRSCC and do the odd BHRC meeting...so many questions to be answered! I have heard on the grapevine that there maybe only two BRSCC meetings to be run at Brands next year-I hope not for the sake of National motorsport as the BRSCC deserve much better treatment...also MSV MAY be increasing the circuit hire at Brands etc for 2006 by a substantial amount! This is nothing more than gossip at the moment as I can't see somebody making major improvements to a circuit to help the public and entice racers only to throw huge fees at them (the clubs & racers)which may prevent them racing there anyhow-surely not?? The closed winter period will be a very interesting one indeed and that only good news we hope will come out to greet us all for next March!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1450170)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Barry, as you know, the majority of marshals tend to be, by and large, circuit specific. Therefore, I don't think it makes a huge difference to them whether they marshal for BRSCC, BARC, 750, BHRC etc etc. There are of course always a few exceptions but if you look at the marshals at Brands Hatch for a BRSCC or BARC meeting, they are largely the same people.

Lets not forget that in days past the BRSCC and BHRC worked well together!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1450897)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope it does work well-and never mentioned that it wouldn't ...just curious that a "new" club is formed to run meetings at a circuit which is the "real" home of the BRSCC-I can see advantages and disadvantages. I just hope that the BRSCC are able to run a good number of meetings at Brands etc...I would hate to have to travel to places like Pembrey or Croft to see my fave' championships every weekend...Croix would be fine though!!
Old 3 Nov 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1451344)   #12
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Mr Baz, who would've thought they could predict the goings-on at Castle Combe? Maybe Palmers waiting to see how the Castle Combe Racing Club fares. Maybe, the BRSCC will run all BHRC meetings, or maybe the opposite. I think this will be the most insecure close season since the last "It'll be a trading estate by April". Still, I can't wait for training day, next February?
Old 3 Nov 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1451415)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I won't be doing this meeting, primarily because I don't like things being arranged at the last minute, causing 3 2day weekends in a row and the assumption being made that we'll all just turn up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowert
Maybe the BRSCC will run all BHRC meetings, or maybe the opposite. I think this will be the most insecure close season since the last....
Insecure surely only for BRSCC?

I felt that the messages given out recently at Brands were not whole hearted endorsements of the coming changes (somewhat reminiscent of the death throes of the Brands Hatch club before it was incorporated into BRSCC)

They (well, we, since I'm a member) have lost business to Coombe doing their own thing.

If MSV run most of the meetings (that used to be BRSCC's) at their own circuits albeit with infrastucture provided by BRSCC, where does one club end and the other begin? Who gets the race entry fees? Baz rumours that BRSCC may be down to running 2 meetings at Brands. I've also heard that MSV Brands will be providing their own rescue unit, both these possibilities also reducing turnover.

And as for my money, I used to be happy to give (reduced) membership fees to the BRSCC because that was the club that provided the majority of my sport at Brands. As SG points out earlier, my loyalty is, like others', primarily to the circuit, not a club. So if the BRSCC becomes a minority club like MGCC, I'll probably let my membership lapse, and, if others do likewise, downsizing of the club must almost be inevitable. On a personal level, I would find this regretable.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1453460)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Just a quick update.

We are desperately short of marshals for next Saturday so if you are able to make it, even at the last minute, please come along to help out. Sunday is short too but not quite as bad as Saturday!

I will e-mail MSV tomorrow and ask them to tell gate security to allow any marshal in who doesn't have a ticket as I'm sure there will be some of you who just turn up 'on spec'.

If you are able to help out, don't forget to drop Mildred an e-mail or give her a call.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1454295)   #15
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard rumours over the weekend that both Snetterton and Brands would only have 2 or 3 BRSCC run weekends next season. These are only my thoughts but I feel that MSV/BHRC will be running more and more meetings at their own circuits and that could spell the beginning of the end for the BRSCC. The BHRC meeting held at Snet this weekend was all BRSCC officals and marshals, the only difference being that any profit made went to them rather than the BRSCC.
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens but I'm not too optimistic for the BRSCC centres that run out of MSV circuits!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1454298)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Claire, as we said earlier, many marshals are generally 'circuit specific' and really don't worry too much which club they marshal for. It's bad news for the BRSCC I agree, but remember the two clubs ran together for many years before the days of Nicola Foulston and Octagon.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1454363)   #17
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Claire, as we said earlier, many marshals are generally 'circuit specific' and really don't worry too much which club they marshal for. It's bad news for the BRSCC I agree, but remember the two clubs ran together for many years before the days of Nicola Foulston and Octagon.
Sorry Stephen, but I don't think you've quite got it right. Brands Hatch Leisure racing club (or whatever) and BRSCC ran as quite separate entities (well at Brands at least) in the 80's. Many of the faces were similar, but those at the top were different. So I would say they ran side by side rather than together.

When NF sold out to Octagon with the concommitant demise of BHL, did'nt the BHL (only) marshals get welcomed into the BRSCC for the first year at no membership charge? In subsequent years if they wanted to be BRSCC marshals, they had to pay the same as the rest of us. Some (notably a chief) just disappeared from sight. Nose/face/spite/cut thing

The rumours that are going round (and I heard something similar to Claire) seem to imply that there will be some subcontracting like arrangement for race meeting management to the BRSCC from MSV - as seems to be happening this weekend.
Does this mean that BRSCC starts to derive an income from from a large number of volunteers (who already pay membership fees) providing a service to a 3rd party? Don't get me wrong, whilst I'm a member of the BRSCC, long may they continue to get revenue from wherever they can....

But..and this is the big but...

I heard also that this weekend's MSV meeting, although BRSCC members may be running it, the club will not count attendance towards the marshal's BRSCC membership discount scheme. That kind of implies that this potential arrangement seems to benefit the club, but not the marshals.

So, next year if we only have 4 or 5 true BRSCC days at Brands/Snet, how much does that get me off a £30 membership, and 25quid for at most 5 days does not sound like good value for money given that I do 95% of my marshalling at Brands.

I really want to read in an official club communication what the way forward is going to be. Soon.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1454426)   #18
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any news concerning the actual competitor entries for this event?? Although it is fairly certain that we can expect about 20+ FPAs and about 8-12 T-Cars the remaining 4 events are a bit of an uncertainty as far as I can tell. Snet got 13 Super Silhouettes last weekend so Brands will probably attract a few more on top, but what of the Saloons, Single-Seaters, and Sports & GT races? Are there are some bumper entrylists out there to gee up some extra marshal support??
Old 7 Nov 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1454549)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
BS I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, indeed I did mean they ran side by side. I also agree with you with regard BRSCC membership and lets not forget, if they only have say 5 days racing at Brands next year that also means no free invite to the dinner and dance, as non of us will have done enough days to qualify!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1455137)   #20
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear. What a shame that the opening Brands BHRC meet is looking like it`s struggling a little.... A timetable revision sees the open Single Seater race canned and the Sports & GT race combined with the Saloons..... Unfortunate.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/Re...12.3%20Nov.pdf

However, the marshals can be assured of an early finish - 3:15 each day - that can`t be bad!

I commend the attempts by MSV to put a positive spin on things!!!....

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/br...sp?NewsID=1087

However it`s not all doom and gloom..... Henry Surtees apparently will join the T-Car fold. "So what?" I hear the T-Car knockers say!!! Well, he was quite entertaining at Buckmore last weekend and, in joining Max Chilton (Tom`s bro) and Jolyon Palmer (JP`s son) the races should be quite good if the ones at Brands earlier this year are anything to go by.

Also, I think the FPA series (which also has it`s numerous "knockers") could actually be very interesting this time. Young chargers Josh Weber and Viktor Jensen up against an unheard of, but quick, American JR Hildebrand, with the "competitive" (to be diplomatic! - remember Brands Production S1 in June?) Andy Demetriou as well......

Although it looks a bit dodgy on paper I reckon this weekend could actually be rather good.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1455340)   #21
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FPA's where good last weekend at Snet, the unknown American did very well and it was a good grid. The T cars where a bit low on numbers, only 7, but I can't comment on the racing as I gave Sunday a miss. The VSR's where also very light on entries. I hope things are a little better for you all this weekend, but a 3.15 finish sounds good.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1455373)   #22
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday & don't care who runs it, it's the only Race Meeting in the country on that day, so up @ 5 to be there.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1456685)   #23
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't make it this weekend!!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1457966)   #24
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be able to make Saturday? Does anyone know what time sign on is if I can make it?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1457970)   #25
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normal BRSCC Saturday -- 7:30 to 8:00. Scheduled 15:15 finish, with lunch break.