Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2966762)   #176
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
? ? ? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyracer019 View Post
I don't live in NYC or have even been to it, but trust me I can say plenty of things about it.

I don't even live in America or come to that have I ever been there either, but I know that all Americans are the size of houses and have zero interest in leaving the country because the good old US has the best of everything there is to offer.

The above statement may or may not be true, it may or may not be my opinion of things, it may even be a complete wind up, but and it is a very big but, to say that I cannot have an opinion or express it is just plane wrong - so there
Your statement is in fact false.

How do you explain my Marshalling at LeMans in '99, '00, '01 & '02 as well as at the ELMS at Silverstone in '04?

You are entitled to your opinion however you are not enitled to your own facts.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2966765)   #177
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't live in NYC or have even been to it, but trust me I can say plenty of things about it.

I don't even live in America or come to that have I ever been there either, but I know that all Americans are the size of houses and have zero interest in leaving the country because the good old US has the best of everything there is to offer.

The above statement may or may not be true, it may or may not be my opinion of things, it may even be a complete wind up, but and it is a very big but, to say that I cannot have an opinion or express it is just plane wrong - so there
No one is denying you your opinion, though basing it on not actually having been to America makes it somewhat tenuous.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2966897)   #178
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Go and stand in the corner...
Old 6 Oct 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2966900)   #179
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Twerp...
That's one way of putting it.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2967750)   #180
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I was doing population statitics for work the other day and the greater NY urban area has in excess of 29 million people in it, the largest urban conglomeration in North America.
If 1% of those people went to an event anywhere in the region they would total over 290,000. Thats enough people to outsize any current crowd in F1, so any argument about a 'lack of fans' is probably a bit superfluous.

There would be enough people in the greater NY area to make it work if properly promoted.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2968563)   #181
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I was doing population statitics for work the other day and the greater NY urban area has in excess of 29 million people in it, the largest urban conglomeration in North America.
If 1% of those people went to an event anywhere in the region they would total over 290,000. Thats enough people to outsize any current crowd in F1, so any argument about a 'lack of fans' is probably a bit superfluous.

There would be enough people in the greater NY area to make it work if properly promoted.
Bernie would certainly want it to work properly.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2968632)   #182
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
While it is by no mean an affirmation of F1 success in Texas, it surely would be a another boost in the arm for Austin:

http://www.nascar.com/nationwide-ser...eal/index.html
Old 11 Oct 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2969321)   #183
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a date set for this yet? I have a friend who lives in Austin who I'm going to see when I go and I need to buy my plane tickets at some point. I'm hearing November. Is it safe to buy a ticket yet?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2969440)   #184
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Is there a date set for this yet? I have a friend who lives in Austin who I'm going to see when I go and I need to buy my plane tickets at some point. I'm hearing November. Is it safe to buy a ticket yet?
Obviously this year is booked and almost done.

It is for 2012 or ? ? ?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2969486)   #185
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
November 18 2012... The US Grand Prix at Austin..
Old 12 Oct 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2969581)   #186
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel will no doubt have wrapped up another title by then. Headline: "Vettel two seconds faster in winter testing with a flat tyre and one hand tied behind his back" Still wanna buy those tickets?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2969584)   #187
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
That will not happen next year, still interested?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2969589)   #188
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
You never know, .
Old 12 Oct 2011, 01:02 (Ref:2969592)   #189
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
What really needs to happen for the sake of the Austin GP is for Ferrari to pull their finger out. Still interested?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2969595)   #190
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
What really needs to happen for the sake of the Austin GP is for Ferrari to pull their finger out. Still interested?
Always, and that will happen because it is the natural order of things..

That is what I am talking about...
Old 12 Oct 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2969609)   #191
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Vettel will no doubt have wrapped up another title by then. Headline: "Vettel two seconds faster in winter testing with a flat tyre and one hand tied behind his back" Still wanna buy those tickets?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You never know, .
Quote:
Quote:
Always, and that will happen because it is the natural order of things..

That is what I am talking about...
Now that's we being redundant.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2969611)   #192
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now that's we being redundant.
trust us what a bunch of silly...
Old 17 Oct 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2972742)   #193
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It is the worlds melting pot in full effect.
It certainly fills the role. The nicecest thing I can say about New York City is seeing it's skyline disappear in my rear view mirror.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2978408)   #194
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
My mates Porsche in central Austin...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0480.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	722.5 KB
ID:	35535

The foundation for most of the buildings at our circuit is now being poured...
Old 29 Oct 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2978426)   #195
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

Won't they need something bigger than a Porsche for that?

Old 29 Oct 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2978427)   #196
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
You are soooo fired! I hope you are feeling better Scott...

The offer is still open....
Old 29 Oct 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2978431)   #197
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
You are soooo fired! I hope you are feeling better Scott...

The offer is still open....
Unfortunately I'm still 'disabled' at the moment, so all plans for the future are very much on hold.

Fingers crossed that the good people in neurology will eventually find out what's wrong. So far, they have found a brain and a spinal cord, so I'm happy with that.

Gotta get some more kip now. FP3s on soon!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2978432)   #198
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It's really nice to see there are some genuine friendships here on Ten-Tenths.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 03:21 (Ref:2978445)   #199
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My mates Porsche in central Austin...

Attachment 35535

Hmm I glad the plate reads F1 US..... If it was the other way around I'd wonder if I was looking at Americas last F1 challenger....
Old 29 Oct 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2978622)   #200
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm still 'disabled' at the moment, so all plans for the future are very much on hold.

Fingers crossed that the good people in neurology will eventually find out what's wrong. So far, they have found a brain and a spinal cord, so I'm happy with that.

Gotta get some more kip now. FP3s on soon!
Sorry to hear that mate...
Closed Thread