Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Aug 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2743848)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Butch Leitzinger is a good person to throw in the car. He has experience and is free as far as I can remember, but it would always be really good and cool to see Porsche throw a factory driver at it.
Nope , Leitzinger drives in the cup class for AJR . ****ing brilliant driver though .
Old 13 Aug 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2743855)   #27
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Nope , Leitzinger drives in the cup class for AJR . ****ing brilliant driver though .

You've been on vacation. AJR only has 1 car on the main grid in GTC and Leitzinger is not one of the drivers in it.

L.P.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2743860)   #28
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Horndawg with the assist.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2743891)   #29
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should get to my favorite track in the U.S. late Friday after a mere 1400 mile drive. I'm planning on brats for breakfast Sat, turn 12/Canada for qually, brats for dinner and turn 5 and brats for the race on Sunday.
Long straights (2 of em), some high speed turns and the carousel to educate those who think you can take off all of the downforce. And brats! I'll be cheering on RISI since I doubt the Porsches will have the muscle for RA.
Thanks, Horndog.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2743932)   #30
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356 View Post
I should get to my favorite track in the U.S. late Friday after a mere 1400 mile drive. I'm planning on brats for breakfast Sat, turn 12/Canada for qually, brats for dinner and turn 5 and brats for the race on Sunday.
Long straights (2 of em), some high speed turns and the carousel to educate those who think you can take off all of the downforce. And brats! I'll be cheering on RISI since I doubt the Porsches will have the muscle for RA.
Thanks, Horndog.

Enjoy, wish I was joining the crowd.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2743938)   #31
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
It's not, Cytosport are an officially supported Customer team.
It is ...in the sense that there is no more "investment" in the program.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2743969)   #32
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timo Bernhard races RS Spyder in the USA!
http://www.porsche.com/international...8d5c92&lang=en
Old 13 Aug 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2744178)   #33
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Timo Bernhard races RS Spyder in the USA!
http://www.porsche.com/international...8d5c92&lang=en
In the article Timo is quoted as saying ''Road Atlanta" when he means "Road America"!
Old 13 Aug 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2744184)   #34
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
In the article Timo is quoted as saying ''Road Atlanta" when he means "Road America"!
He will probably be in it for Road America, Mosport and Road Atlanta.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2744203)   #35
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Maybe it was in German and mis-quoted in English?

Whatever the case, good news and this will be a fight. But he likely let it slip out that he's been tapped to finish the season with Muscle Milk.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2744254)   #36
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'd expected Timo to be in the hybrid for Petit but no drivers were named yet for that drive so you could be right. Since Marcel Tiemann is still out with his injuries, that'll just leave Romain Dumas and Marc Lieb from the Ring 24H driving squad as available. Anymore factory supported drivers perhaps? Sacha Maassen the favorite for the third seat at Cytosport for the Petit?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2744263)   #37
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well we know for sure he will be in the race that the thread is about, at Road America.

L.P.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2744271)   #38
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'd expected Timo to be in the hybrid for Petit but no drivers were named yet for that drive so you could be right. Since Marcel Tiemann is still out with his injuries, that'll just leave Romain Dumas and Marc Lieb from the Ring 24H driving squad as available. Anymore factory supported drivers perhaps? Sacha Maassen the favorite for the third seat at Cytosport for the Petit?
Pretty sure Marco Holzer will be in the Hybrid and if they need a 4th driver im sure Martin Ragginger is just waiting to jump back in the Hybrid.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2744296)   #39
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
are Bimmers and Vettes the favorites at Road America with their straight speed ?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2744355)   #40
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Maybe it was in German and mis-quoted in English?

Whatever the case, good news and this will be a fight. But he likely let it slip out that he's been tapped to finish the season with Muscle Milk.
Yes that's the case, on the German website it's correct...

and absolutely great news

Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2744375)   #41
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
are Bimmers and Vettes the favorites at Road America with their straight speed ?
Well before we say they have a straight line advantage -

Corvette has proven to a have a slight and I do mean slight straight line advantage. Ferrari has found some straight line speed and power from switching over to E85. Since Corvette already made that switch any additional gains are likely to come from chassis balance, I don't think they can double stint tire just yet, a problem.

BMW showed pace all throughout 2009 if not on the leaders pace. They got split up by the safety car at the caution period less than half way through the race. All the other teams saw that has being FOUL considering the investment and to be honest we as fans were robbed of an excellent battle up front in class.

They changed to the current rule the following weekend at Mosport we need to work on Le Man's safety car rules...

If anything the team at a disadvantage is Porsche. If things keep to form when errors aren't being made elsewhere, they have finished off the podium in 2 of the last 4 races. Even with the DNS, last week's victory pulled Risi within striking distance and Melo made the move he made because he needed the victory, he wasn't going to get held up by the BMW duo.

There is no other Porsche to play spoiler or blocker. I feel this will be addressed by Petit with either Felbermeyer-Porton, BMS or even pulling Seth out of the #44.

The tactics of Risi are simple from here on out - WIN, lock out th front row in qualifying and keep the #61 out of harms way so it locks out the 2nd podium position. You will see "Team Orders" here if the #61 is leading depending where the #45 is in the standings.

Its going to get uglay....
Old 14 Aug 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2744400)   #42
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks dj4monie
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:41 (Ref:2744417)   #43
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this is the Bimmer's time!
Old 14 Aug 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2744500)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I think this is the Bimmer's time!
what did you just say?

Old 14 Aug 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2744512)   #45
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graf/Bernard will be dynamite and have an excellent chance for overall win. If they can avoid mechanical problems they should be in the top 3 or so all day. Really looking forward to this one.

DK
Old 14 Aug 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2744648)   #46
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Graf/Bernard will be dynamite and have an excellent chance for overall win. If they can avoid mechanical problems they should be in the top 3 or so all day. Really looking forward to this one.

DK
The Porsche since the EVO came online has had outstanding reliability. This will be the first new Spyder built since 2008. I doubt it will have new car blues or gremlins.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2744657)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont believe its a new chassis ..... have you ant idea how much a production run of chassis can be , never mind a one off special .

Whats the point , the chassis is not intended to run after 2010 , according to some dudes I know , and all parts have been sold to Cytasport .
Old 15 Aug 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2744659)   #48
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
I dont believe its a new chassis ..... have you ant idea how much a production run of chassis can be , never mind a one off special .

Whats the point , the chassis is not intended to run after 2010 , according to some dudes I know , and all parts have been sold to Cytasport .
It's not new as in just been built, its new as in hasn't been used before.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2744673)   #49
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
what did you just say?

I know right? I didn't say I'd be cheering for them though.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2744674)   #50
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
according to some dudes I know , and all parts have been sold to Cytasport .
That's not correct.