Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2917716)   #126
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Does This mean that Irwin Tools is staying at SBR for next season & beyond?
judging by that article, and this particular quote, no:
"IRWIN Tools Asia-Pacific Vice-President Nick Pritchard says he will work closely with IRWIN’s head office in America to make the most of its association with V8 Supercars and its debut at the Austin, Texas circuit in 2013."

will it be in V8 Supercars for next season and at least 2013, probably...
Old 13 Jul 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2925869)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FPR to become Four cars (or perhaps more accurately "FPR Free Ad For More Customers" )...

... balanced against the views of one of the subjects...

Speculative??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2925983)   #128
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
FPR to become Four cars (or perhaps more accurately "FPR Free Ad For More Customers" )...

Speculative??
I read Deans update too and had a chuckle...seems Speedcafe wont be calling him for a story in a hurry!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 02:25 (Ref:2926321)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The part I find odd is why FPR isnt putting it out there, privately, that they are looking to take on a customer, and have the resources in place to run one

There isnt likely a chance for Mr D'Alberto to go to FPR (they clearly like to be independent...) while there are a number of teams they can talk to about taking on an FPR slot.

It would likely be more helpful if FPR had better on-track success, but its a strong package commercially to be plugged into a factory Ford squad... illusion is more important than reality sometimes
Old 14 Jul 2011, 04:26 (Ref:2926332)   #130
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The part I find odd is why FPR isnt putting it out there, privately, that they are looking to take on a customer, and have the resources in place to run one

There isnt likely a chance for Mr D'Alberto to go to FPR (they clearly like to be independent...) while there are a number of teams they can talk to about taking on an FPR slot.

It would likely be more helpful if FPR had better on-track success, but its a strong package commercially to be plugged into a factory Ford squad... illusion is more important than reality sometimes
My understanding is that FPR is most definitely putting it out there privately and that they are talking to a number of possible customers.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2926333)   #131
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not too private when its lead story on Speedcafe overnight last week...

There is no restriction on 4 cars prepared under the one FPR roof is there?
Old 15 Jul 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2927263)   #132
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting story wandering around town... has a certain team who moved out on their own this year expanding to a 2 car operation in 2012. Now that in itself isnt the story, the media has been beating this story with a stick for some time... with a current REC owner looking to move his plaything over there to run.

But that's not as fun as the next bit... where the current sponsor of the REC on the move, has also been linked with a move to the different pastures. It seems the lure of a possibly lower priced deal, with less noise, may be too good an offer to refuse..

Not that they all needed any pressure or anything...

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 16 Jul 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2927280)   #133
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So...... are you suggesting that Jim Beam & the #18 REC are both going to Tekno ? (allegedly)
Old 16 Jul 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2927289)   #134
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Speculative??
Said story on SpeedCafe has now disappeared...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Jul 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2927330)   #135
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Said story on SpeedCafe has now disappeared...
Nah it's just a Broken Link
Old 20 Jul 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2928827)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So AA reckons this week...

: Ingall to leave PMM
: SuperCheap to leave PMM
: SuperCheap to leave Ingall
: Bundaberg Rum to leave WP
: Coulthard to leave WP
: SuperCheap to join WP
: Holdsworth to join WP
: Dumbrell to continue with FPR
: Luff to continue with LDM

... so where to for Ingall or Coulthard

What's happening at PMM?

Nice to see the hard questions arent being asked
Old 20 Jul 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2928831)   #137
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bargwana - I want to stay at BJR for 2021 and beyond

Quote:
SPEEDCAFE: You seem to have fit into BJR quite well. You’re operating on a one-year driving deal, so what’s your plan for next year? Do you have another full-time year in you?

BARGWANNA: If you want to talk retirement, that’s something that’s not even on my radar.

I believe that I’m having one of my best seasons for a long time, so I see no reason why I can’t continue to fight at the front in V8 Supercars.

I love working with these guys. I really enjoy working with the team, and we’re now working towards putting a plan together for the future. There’s a few things to be sorted out, but there’s no issues. I’m happy to be there and I want to be there for 2012 and beyond
Old 20 Jul 2011, 08:09 (Ref:2928845)   #138
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If AA is correct, then more moves than a blue light disco after somebody spiked the soft drinks!

Perhaps PMM, will retain Ingall for the enduros and Holdsworth will take the seat?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2928850)   #139
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Will he be asking for wheelchair access in the pits by 2021 ?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2928853)   #140
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Will he be asking for wheelchair access in the pits by 2021 ?
CoTF - Now with built in disabled access

Yeah that's meant to be 2012, but I'm sure everyone can figure that out for themselves, stupid typo.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2928953)   #141
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard to PMM with Bundy money? I cant recall if the last time Fabian drove for PMM ended happily...any takers? Would see Bundy on a car with Qld connections, would suit their origins I suppose.
Leethal to WP with a bag of Supercheap money....but what about the Enforcer ads, quite a good marketing tool.
Russell out to pasture, or perhaps a swansong with Mr Webb? I also would see Jim Beam money not moving, their marketing with DJR has been fruitful, but only on one car may be the "cheaper" alternative the powder room speaks of?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2928959)   #142
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does Coulthard take the car with him? This could get interesting, especially if he went to GRM!
Old 20 Jul 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2928980)   #143
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So AA reckons this week...

: Ingall to leave PMM
: SuperCheap to leave PMM
: SuperCheap to leave Ingall
: Bundaberg Rum to leave WP
: Coulthard to leave WP
: SuperCheap to join WP
: Holdsworth to join WP
: Dumbrell to continue with FPR
: Luff to continue with LDM

... so where to for Ingall or Coulthard

What's happening at PMM?

Nice to see the hard questions arent being asked
Ingall to leave PMM
SuperCheap to leave PMM
on rpm is sounds like SuperCheap and Ingall may be in the same team next year but not at PMM
Old 20 Jul 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2929048)   #144
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ingall to BJR?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2929201)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Actually I missed a couple:

: Holden to leave PMM
: Holden to join unknown team

Wonder what that does for the Performance Driving Centre?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2929202)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Ingall to BJR?
Mr Jones is quoted in AA as having had no discussions with SuperCheap or Mr Ingall.. anything is possible.. with 3 seats to fill, and only two and half cars fully sponsored, a change might suit.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2929206)   #147
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But who goes? Bargs and Brighty won't go and technically, BJR don't own the #21 REC.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2929226)   #148
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the reason Bargs was drafted in, the unfortunate doubt of that issue being resolved for the better, and Barg's performance this year, i don't see him going anywhere, nor Bright, and therefore the #21. All depends on Karl's performance review by Notso whether there will be any change at Albury IMO
Old 21 Jul 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2929229)   #149
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
Actually I missed a couple:

: Holden to leave PMM
: Holden to join unknown team

Wonder what that does for the Performance Driving Centre?
Perhaps Holden to KR? they're already supporting DR a bit and the rest of both sides of the (current) Kelly Racing outfit have raced for the 'factory' Holden team at some point.

Other than KR & BJR, are there any other non-Holden supported teams that are running Commodores?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2929245)   #150
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Perhaps Holden to KR? they're already supporting DR a bit and the rest of both sides of the (current) Kelly Racing outfit have raced for the 'factory' Holden team at some point.
The problem with the Kelly Racing equipe is their reliance on alcohol sponsorship. It has been explained to me that the reason Holden branding does not appear on the WP Bundaberg car relates to their support from an alcohol company. Quite how Sirromet goes with that thinking is interesting...

The opportunity for Holden may be to look after HRT, the 3rd WP car (with SuperCheap?) and 888... and the rest continue to make their own arrangements.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Other than KR & BJR, are there any other non-Holden supported teams that are running Commodores?
An investment aimed at BJR by Holden may be an interesting move.

The question of where to land the cash may be part of the post-2013 CoTF landscape.. perhaps the ex-PMM funding shall lie with the engineering company(ies?) who shall be contracted to knock out parts and even whole cars (looks towards WP & 888...)

We shall see...