Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Apr 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3063220)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 8: STP 400 - Kansas Speedway

Jayski

Last race on "historic" pavement at Kansas Speedway. After the race, they will start tearing up the 15 degree banked track in favor of variable 17-20 degree banking.

Currently, 7% of Sprint Cup regulars call Kansas their "home" track....
Old 21 Apr 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3063254)   #2
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penske Racing driver AJ Allmendinger second career Sprint Cup pole at Kansas City.

Sprint Cup (Kansas City) starting lineup
Old 23 Apr 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3064018)   #3
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow.

Race was better than the post count here might indicate.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3064024)   #4
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Wow.

Race was better than the post count here might indicate.
I didn't get to catch any of it, but I've seen an enormous amount of squabbling over it being boring on the SpeedTV.com and the NASCAR.com boards (I believe those are the two boards I saw it at). From the sounds of it, the race must have been another with few or no cautions like Texas. Personally, I prefer authenticity over throwing cautions just to bunch people back together, but evidently most of them disagree.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3064034)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disappointing that Truex Jnr didnt get the win - he was fast today & has been really all season, so have his team-mates at MWR...
Ambrose, 16th, solid, but nothing special, needs a top 5 ASAP to keep the dream alive!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3064048)   #6
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I didn't get to catch any of it, but I've seen an enormous amount of squabbling over it being boring on the SpeedTV.com and the NASCAR.com boards (I believe those are the two boards I saw it at). From the sounds of it, the race must have been another with few or no cautions like Texas. Personally, I prefer authenticity over throwing cautions just to bunch people back together, but evidently most of them disagree.
There was few yellows (two maybe three?) but there were comers and goers all day long.

And you're from Speed forums? I am too, but have grown tired of the "NASCAR apologist" bullies over there.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 01:47 (Ref:3064607)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's funny looking back on some of the old Winston Cup races to see how few cautions there really were. Now, that kind of racing, which was actually plenty exciting, gets a boatload of complaints from the "fans".
Old 24 Apr 2012, 07:05 (Ref:3064671)   #8
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
Concrete may change things. Harder on tires. More flats, More resulting yellows.

I don't get that excited watching the field follow the safety car single file at 60 MPH... but some fans seem to thrive on it.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3065434)   #9
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Concrete may change things. Harder on tires. More flats, More resulting yellows.

I don't get that excited watching the field follow the safety car single file at 60 MPH... but some fans seem to thrive on it.
I'm sure you're hoping for concrete because Carl Edwards seems so good on it.