Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3388946)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Force India are doing a cracking job so far as well. Maybe they will havw both cars up there this weekend judging by free practice so far as Perez has got plenty of laps in.
Hulkenberg looks so at ease though.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3388961)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Back to the subject of dominating teams, just remember the dominant car doesn't always win. See 1986.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3388980)   #28
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Back to the subject of dominating teams, just remember the dominant car doesn't always win. See 1986.
Yep - that very nearly was repeated with Alonso in 2010 and 2012. Luck did sort of go against him on both occasions(2010 - wrong pit strategy, 2012 - getting a DNF at Spa).
Old 5 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3388981)   #29
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it just me or is SkyportsF1 becoming more and more biased ?
Old 5 Apr 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3389018)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3389032)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just caught the end of Q3 and it's another Mercedes front row, with Nico on pole. Ricciardo's 3rd and good showing by Bottas and Massa in 4th and 8th respectively. Vettel's 11th.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3389035)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An excellent job by Bottas. Some surprise results - Perez being so far ahead of Hulkenberg. A mistake on his lap? Ricciardo yet again getting the upper-hand on the four-time world champion. Let's see if we actually have a Mercedes battle tomorrow.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3389036)   #33
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah, strange session today... But enjoyed it.

- Hamilton made an error under pressure there, Rosberg could be closer than I personally thought.
- Vettel complained about his gearbox on the radio but clearly did not want to make excuses during interviews. Great job by Ricciardo anyways, too bad he has that harsh penalty.
- Kimi looked like was driving tidy for the first time this season, also Alonso might have some power issues in Q3 apparently.
- Perez beating Hulk, didn't expect that either...

Was a nice qualifying session, more drama than anticipated. Hope the race follows this trend
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3389039)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good job by Bottas, a hard fight ahead for Massa.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3389042)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be surprised if we get an upside down result tomorrow and a Mercedes failure.
Maybe and maybe not. It would be good to see some unpredictability in the mix.

Perez was no surprise although I didn't expect Hulkenberg to be so far down, nor Vettel, although with Ricciardo's penalty Vettel will grid ahead of him. And unfortunately for Massa, Bottas is faster than him....
Old 5 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3389048)   #36
jsTrecu
Veteran

Apparently Marko said Vettel had problems with the car already in FP3 and the team could not solve them before Q. Because of that spin maybe ?
They expect it to be OK for the race, not sure how much they can change with the parc ferme rules though...

Hope it's ok and both RBRs can charge through the field tomorrow, even if that seems too optimistic considering most drivers around them have Mercedes engines
Old 5 Apr 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3389065)   #37
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still always a chance for the engines to go boom. I'd like to not see AMG drive off into the sunset. Plus Lewis seems snake bit with mechanical issues in a fast car (Singapore 2012)
Old 5 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3389066)   #38
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
And unfortunately for Massa, Bottas is faster than him....
And unfortunately for Hamilton, Rosberg is faster than him....

It's quite premature to say that, especially as it's still 2-1 in qualifying for Massa and 1-0 in races when both finished for Massa.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3389069)   #39
jsTrecu
Veteran

It's too early to draw conclusions about any teammate battles really, as most drivers are having either mechanical issues, setup problems, or just difficulties to adapt to some cars...
Once both teams and drivers start mastering these new complicated machines and find a good path to follow it'll be easier to see who is on top. I would give them at least another couple of races after tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
Still always a chance for the engines to go boom. I'd like to not see AMG drive off into the sunset. Plus Lewis seems snake bit with mechanical issues in a fast car (Singapore 2012)
I was talking about a 3rd and 4th finish behind both Mercs, I'm optimistic but not that much
Old 5 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3389084)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm watching Quali highlights, particularly Q3 as I missed most of it and Rosberg clearly used the whole rumble strip on that lap to get pole. I thought the drivers had been warned about track limits.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3389089)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Perez for outqualifying the Hulk. Shows he's still a talent.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3389092)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well done Perez for outqualifying the Hulk. Shows he's still a talent.
Out-qualified him by a silly margin, now I don't think Perez is miles away from Hulk all things being equal, but something doesn't seem right there!

Mind you as he said in an interview, this is the first meeting where he's had no problems with the car in some for or other.

Good news for the team if both cars are challenging every race, not just one of them?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3389212)   #43
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think Perez will be there at the end. I expect him to fall down the list by race end. Expecting Force India to do their usual one pit stop less than the others card here as well.
Would like to see Bottas finish (no pun intended) where he starts from. A 3rd placing would do wonders for him and Williams.

On another note, what's going on with the McLaren's? I was hoping they would be much closer to the Mercedes. Shadowing the Merc's even. They looked to have the best base during pre-season, but have not performed as I'd expected. Very disappointing.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3389261)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post

I do not care if one team is dominant. Dominance is part of Formula 1. has always been, will always be. I am just womdering how long it will take for the people that complained about dominance last year, did not give Vettel DotRs since "he had to do it in that car"
I concur about dominance. I voted Hulkenberg, not Hamilton, DOTR in Malaysia because he "transcended" his car (I know that's not possible), but I appreciate Lewis may have done so too.

Quote:
Vettel for the championship? (No need for winking face actually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Is it just me or is SkyportsF1 becoming more and more biased ?
Johnny Herbert yesterday mentioned hopes for "our Lewis". I think the pay channel Sky Sports F1 might be targeting the wrong 'demographic'.

Last edited by Born Racer; 6 Apr 2014 at 11:18.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3389308)   #45
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis' reply to all the whinging from the red camp:

"These are the regulations we all worked on. Let's just get on with it. Let's stop the whinging."

"Most of the moans are coming from uncompetitiveness. Just get on with it and develop your car."

Old 6 Apr 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3389309)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Nice start by Loulou, got the better of Nico.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3389310)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bit of a risky move by Button on Bottas but he did it.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3389312)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was close. What a battle between Nico and Loulou.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3389314)   #49
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this the same sport we watched last week?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3389315)   #50
jsTrecu
Veteran

Impressive race so far