Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1352682)   #1
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
euro saloons at brands 10th july

I was at Brands Hatch yesterday with Wolfdirect Racing with their Fiat Punto that I had the pleasure of driving on the Track Day there last december.
Unfortunately the punto fell off the track in the first race after 3 laps in exactly the same place it fell over on the track day and on the same lap number.
does anyone have any photos you could send me of the Punto racing yesterday?I was hoping that maybe someone would have some photos of the car going off into the gravel or any decent action shots of the punto in the 2nd euro saloons race. Please forward to mec.smith@virgin.net , many thanks.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1352832)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There probably won't be any marshals who've been taking photos, so I'll move this over to the Photographers forum and hope you have some success there.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1352859)   #3
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
David L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark mercedes
I was at Brands Hatch yesterday..
Mark.. You might elicit a greater response if you gave them some sort of an indication that you are, of course, offering some form of reward for thier services..

Unfortunately, I can't help as I was elesewhere..
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1353227)   #4
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well speaking as the marshal that came and fished you out of the gravel, I would imagine your best chances would be Snapper Baz as he was around paddock most of the day... eating our food.

And incidentally Mark, well done for not falling off in the second race... I suppose 1 finish out of 3 isn't bad!
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:42 (Ref:1353258)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Was that the one beached at Paddock? As was at Druids for most of the race. The spin was too far away to see what happened but the adandond car is just visible in the background for most of my pictures after that.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1353664)   #6
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for not making myself clearer,I wasn't driving the Punto on sunday, I was in the pit garage with the team as a guest.I'm a track marshal that was invited to spend the day with Wolfdirect Racing, and I wasnt the driver that put the car off the track at the december track day, that was someone else I shared the car with that day.
The car spun off on sunday after the ecu killed the engine coming out of the corner due to a heat problem.
thanks for your response.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1354459)   #7
FREE996
Rookie

United Kingdom
Swindon Wiltshire
FREE996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L
Mark.. You might elicit a greater response if you gave them some sort of an indication that you are, of course, offering some form of reward for thier services..
MIster Lister are you implying that those photographers go to these events , do so for financial gain , and not for pleasure

Not that we're adveverse to a little monetry gain
Old 18 Jul 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1357905)   #8
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would that have been car No27?....if so I do have a couple of pics! Jon-taking food from a poor paddock bend marshal is not something I would lower myself to...honest!!
Old 21 Jul 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1360378)   #9
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Far be it from you to ever steal our food Baz...