Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:22 (Ref:866966)   #1
streaty
Rookie

streaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
australian F3

just wondering who everyone thought would be the main title contenders in this years championship.

what do you think of young west aussie Aaron Caratti. I thought he did quite well in New zealand.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:28 (Ref:866971)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is there an entry list out yet
Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:30 (Ref:866976)   #3
streaty
Rookie

streaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www33.brinkster.com/aussief3/frame.html try this website for the possibilities
Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:37 (Ref:866978)   #4
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched quite a bit of the Australian F3 series on motors tv last year and I was impressed with the quality of racing! Certainly you guys over there go against the theory that you can't overtake in F3! What are Caruso and Cressey's plans for this year? They were the two drivers that caught my eye the most!
Old 8 Feb 2004, 19:31 (Ref:867309)   #5
nippy
Racer

nippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz let us not forget will power he is a driver i'm looking forward to seeing in british f3
Old 8 Feb 2004, 19:36 (Ref:867315)   #6
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I was talking in general about last year nippy! But certainly Power was the driver that first got me watching it on Motors a couple of years back with his gung-ho style of driving! Certainly Will being with ADR should make a good combination, he certainly showed well after his mid-season switch to Fortec last year
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:14 (Ref:867363)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ian Dyk is one of the better talents in Aussie F3 in 2004, the magic question is whether the car can keep up with the driver
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:08 (Ref:867543)   #8
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
I watched quite a bit of the Australian F3 series on motors tv last year and I was impressed with the quality of racing! Certainly you guys over there go against the theory that you can't overtake in F3! What are Caruso and Cressey's plans for this year? They were the two drivers that caught my eye the most!
I believe Caruso tested with Coloni in f3000 and went quick, not to sure on what he is going to do this year though and Cressy went to test v6 renault in Italy and didnt go to well on all accounts. Caruso is the stand out talent of the 2 drivers in my book for sure.Cressy is a bit hot and cold, he was beaten in NZ by another kiwi who hadnt even raced an F3 car before.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:43 (Ref:867576)   #9
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Karate Kid (AKA Aaron Caratti) will be mid-field at best.

The tip for the big trophy would have to be Karl Reindler but it's not going to be easy for him. He's got Ian Dyk, Christian Jones and another 3 or 4 guys (yet to be confirmed) who are just as capable.

And anyone who says you can't overtake in F3 just isn't trying hard enough!
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:44 (Ref:867579)   #10
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Cressey may be back for another go yet. And I believe Caruso will be with Coloni this season.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:47 (Ref:867584)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Coloni wanted too much money? It wasnt a sponsored drive as I understood it.

Next logical step for Caruso, if the championship was worth 2 bob, would have been F4000 pbH
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:51 (Ref:867589)   #12
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
No I think the Coloni deal is still happening.

And any F3000 seat is worth a lot of dough.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:57 (Ref:867596)   #13
Arai GP5
Racer

Arai GP5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So any word on Mick at Coloni - Chucky?

would it be in EuroF3000 or FIA F3000?

The team were ecstatic with him, but I had also heard that the dollars were quite big.

Christian Jones has got to be a good chance this year, but I think if Daniel Gaunt and BRM team up, they will all be racing for second.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:04 (Ref:867602)   #14
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
I still reckon this will be Karl's year. Daniel got lucky in NZ.

I believe it's FIA F3000 and the dollars are always big.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:28 (Ref:867619)   #15
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Cressey was the best driver in F3 in 2003. I don't know Carusos plans but if its not F3000 then I hope its F4000. Gaunt was well and truly outpaced by Jonny Reid most of the time in F4000 but won on consistency.Then Gaunt came out and beat the F3 guys in NZ. Does anyone know Reids plans for 2004? I don't know who is running in F3 in 2004 but Reindler and Dyk will be ones to watch.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:32 (Ref:867622)   #16
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Champcarman, Gaunt went to NZ and proved he was on a par with the F3 guys. One non-championship race (with iffy supp. regs) does not a champion make.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 03:41 (Ref:867753)   #17
105octane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky
I still reckon this will be Karl's year. Daniel got lucky in NZ.

I believe it's FIA F3000 and the dollars are always big.
You make your own luck Chucky. Gaunt simply was the best of a pretty average F3 field. If any of these guys were to venture to British F3 they would wonder what would of hit them. None of them are in the same class as Power, Davidson or Caruso.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:11 (Ref:867905)   #18
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be a very close battle for the title this year between Karl and Dyk. it will also be a great battle between the two teams BRM and Astuti. With Sam Astuti engineering Dyk's car he will be very hard to beat.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 10:06 (Ref:867990)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many cars are we going to see on the grid this year - and I mean realistically, not some pre-season wishful thinking?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 10:36 (Ref:868037)   #20
Smile
Rookie

Smile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My count has solid season entries around 22 cars. Should be at least 12 Championship and 10 Trophy (Scholarship) entries. That is excluding 2 or 3 cars from Teams who have indicated there desire to run this season in the championship class, but havent yet confirmed car or Driver. There are at least 6 other complete cars in the country ready to run, and 4 other Rollers that could be completed and entered. That all I know.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 12:13 (Ref:868124)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Gaunt has talent, and it wouldnt be a surprise to see him in a local F3 car this year. Arguably a step back from F4000 pbH, but what better way to learn the cars, and prove yourself against a level of talent that simply isnt in the other series, despite the Gold Star banner, than take them on in equal equipment.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 19:19 (Ref:868636)   #22
105octane
Veteran

If Gaunt has got as much talent as you think GTR why hasnt he been picked up for a konica drive. I thought he was testing with the young lions as part of his prise for winning in F4000?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 20:09 (Ref:868689)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not a prize as such, but a help for a driver who did well in a Holden product.

Mr Gaunt has his eyes on F1, so somehow dont think Supercar and Konica is on that particular ladder to success.

A test in a big, heavy, fast car would probably help give him some more practice on the circuits though
Old 9 Feb 2004, 20:45 (Ref:868725)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
guys, bit of a aussie f3 billy here, what spec cars do they use out there? what's a standard budget for a season?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 21:30 (Ref:868781)   #25
BrettFrancis
Rookie

BrettFrancis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the latest chassis allowed out here is an 01 (until the end of this year), and we run the same engine regs with a 26mm air restrictor.

The Level 2 cars (up to 98) I thought used a smaller restrictor, but can't find what it is.

The cars use Yokohama tyres.

I've heard all sorts of details on budgets, ranging from 160K upwards (67k Old Blighty Pounds) in the Level 1 class. But I also understand that at the moment they're not doing the frequent engine rebuilds they do in the UK.... of course as the class gets more popular this will undoubtedly change.