Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1837760)   #426
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair point - having read the article again, (properly this time ) he's not actually getting any money from Maxim - as you said. Looks like I have to revise my estimates of how someones going to do every time I read a reply to one of my posts

I stand by the fact that there is a lot of sponshorship space there though
Old 10 Feb 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1837961)   #427
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Another boring looking BMW...
Why not a bit more effort in designing a nice livery?
Old 10 Feb 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1837965)   #428
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's not the final livery, surely? Nice that Mat finally has a decent shot at BTCC, he richly deserves it. I am sure he will impress and I also think that this will be the best championship of the recent past. Too bad that Motors has given up their coverage and we over here will miss all the fun
Old 10 Feb 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1838004)   #429
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's just taken delivery of the car not long ago. I doubt very much that's the final livery. I think they will do the test programme, take it to bits, paint it, then rebuild it, to gain as much knowledge of how the car works.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1838052)   #430
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
OK im a little confused, I thought the 2007 BTCC was just going to be S2000 only?

Are they allowing the older BTC-spec cars to compete also now?
Old 10 Feb 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1838065)   #431
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always been the case. But they can't score points in the overall championship.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1838123)   #432
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might be worth having a quick recap on the field? I make it:

Dynamics - Honda Civic confirmed, Matt Neal confirmed, Gordon Shedden confirmed

WSR/RAC - BMW confirmed, Colin Turkington confirmed, Tom Onslow-Cole confirmed

SEAT - Jason Plato confirmed, Darren Turner confirmed

Vauxhall - Tom Chilton confirmed, Fabrizio Giovanardi confirmed

Motorbase - SEAT confirmed, Gareth Howell confirmed, AN Other (Tom Ferrier?) likely

Jackson - BMW confirmed, Mat Jackson confirmed

Eurotech - BTC Honda confirmed, Mike Jordan confirmed

JAG - BTC Honda confirmed, John George confirmed

(Team name escapes me and I'm in a hurry, sorry) - BMW confirmed, Rick Kerry confirmed

Enke Sport - 2 BTC Vauxhalls confirmed

Arkas/ TechSpeed - 2 BTC Vauxhalls confirmed, Erkut Kizilirmak confirmed, AN Other (Paul O'Neill/Gavin Smith) confirmed

Geoff Steel - BMW, Martyn Bell likely AN Other x2 possible

Farec*a - BTC Honda likely, Richard Marsh likely

Quest - Alfa/Eoin Murray possible

Collard - BTC MG/Rob Collard likely

Xero/BTC/Daniels et al possible?

Errors and Omissions Expected.....
Old 10 Feb 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1838163)   #433
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe Kartworld & Jason Hughes are competing, although still in the MG's Maybe not officially confirmed yet.

West Suffolk Racing is the name of the team running Rick Kerry. Certainly a healthy looking number of cars so far.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1838179)   #434
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Motorbase - SEAT confirmed, Gareth Howell confirmed, AN Other (Tom Ferrier?) likely ???????????

JAG - BTC Honda confirmed, John George confirmed Team is called TH Racing!

(Team name escapes me and I'm in a hurry, sorry) - BMW confirmed, Rick Kerry confirmed West Suffolk Racing.

Arkas/ TechSpeed - 2 BTC Vauxhalls confirmed, Erkut Kizilirmak confirmed, AN Other (Paul O'Neill/Gavin Smith) confirmed. ??? Two drivers for one car???

Farec*a - BTC Honda likely, Richard Marsh likely. Marsh will be in a S2000 car!

Collard - BTC MG/Rob Collard likely. You will more likely see Collard in a Seat!
I had added my comments...
Old 10 Feb 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1838218)   #435
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The GR Asia Toledo ? Rob Collard's raced with GR in the past if I remember.

Re Arkas what do you mean two drivers for one car, they have said they have 3 BTC Astra Sport Hatches 1 confirmed for Erkut Kizilirmark and another one for a British driver ?
Old 10 Feb 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1838226)   #436
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
The GR Asia Toledo ? Rob Collard's raced with GR in the past if I remember.
The guy who runs GR Asia was Collards team manager at Collard racing! So there is a connection there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Re Arkas what do you mean two drivers for one car, they have said they have 3 BTC Astra Sport Hatches 1 confirmed for Erkut Kizilirmark and another one for a British driver ?
I think Aunt sally picked up on where it said '2 cars confirmed' one for Erkut Kizilirmark and another one for Paul O'Neill/Gavin Smith!?!
Two cars three drivers! The argument over how many cars they are running is on all forums at the moment. As someone has posted this link, http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Ark...~id~142972.htm
I tend to agree with them..
Old 10 Feb 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1838290)   #437
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I think what Boots was trying to say is that Arkas will run two cars - Erkut Kizilirmark will definitely drive one, the second could be driven by either Paul O'Neill or Gavin Smith, not that they will share the second car.

Everything I've seen so far says that although they have 3 cars they will only enter two of them.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1838328)   #438
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Collard drove for GR Asia at the 2005 European Touring Cup race as a last minute replacement for James Kaye if I recall.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1838360)   #439
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Everything I've seen so far says that although they have 3 cars they will only enter two of them.

I took it as meaning that too, one bought as a spare.
Old 11 Feb 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1838530)   #440
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I think what Boots was trying to say is that Arkas will run two cars - Erkut Kizilirmark will definitely drive one, the second could be driven by either Paul O'Neill or Gavin Smith, not that they will share the second car.

That's exactly what I meant. I didn't realise it was rocket science.
Old 11 Feb 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1838674)   #441
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been out of the loop on the off season, but it looks like there are healthy grids in store for this year..

I know there are BTC spec cars knocking around, but just think of 2001's Brands starting grid and you know its looking good thanks to the phase out of BTC spec!
Old 11 Feb 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1838730)   #442
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
So Matt Jackson is putting the same sort of money as WSR are putting into one of their cars???

I would be most surprised!
As a family run team they don't need the same kind of money.

firstly, the team is run out of the family Ford dealership - so no expensive premises to pay for;

secondly, the team is not trying to make a profit as such - all they need to do is cover the costs of the staff directly employed, the running costs and any repair bills.

Commercial teams do need to try to make a living - I'm sure that Dick Bennet at WSR believes he has the right to make a decent living on the return from the investment (and rightly so).

I stand by my original statement.
Old 11 Feb 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1838842)   #443
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Plus I'm sure the £100,000 for winning the Cupra series helped a lot - probably for the BMW.
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1839301)   #444
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Arena Motorsport will run a Zytek LMP1 in LMS for Stefan Johansson and......Tom Chilton.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1841556)   #445
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Managed to spend an hour or so at Oulton Park today spectating at their General Test.
There were loads of new Clio Cup race cars testing ready for the 2007 series, and also a new Seat Leon Cupra. I was just about ready to leave when I noticed that Matt Jackson was heading out on track in the ex Andy Priaulx BMW that he will run in this years BTCC. Managed to get some decent shots of the car as Matt put it through its paces.

Also got a good shot of Andrew Jordans new Clio Cup in its full 2007 livery. Nice to see this car in a similar colour scheme to his dads BTCC Integra.

Regards

Tim
Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1841572)   #446
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet, i love the new look of the Seat.
The Clios should be good aswell.

No livery for Matt yet, it would seem.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1841617)   #447
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!

Is that the new-look Seat León BTCC car? If so, it just looks like a WTCC car now...
Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1841620)   #448
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the blaupunkt stickers I would guess that this is the Cupra Cup car
Old 14 Feb 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1841626)   #449
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan
with the blaupunkt stickers I would guess that this is the Cupra Cup car
And Pirelli tyres!
Old 14 Feb 2007, 21:07 (Ref:1841633)   #450
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But doesn't it say in today's MN that that Cupra Cup are moving to Dunlop rubber in 2207.