Chandhok 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2724854)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : British GP

The driver of the race is...
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2724865)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Webber.
Although others did well (Barrichello, Kobyashi, Button,) Webbers domination under the team circumstances (for me) stamped him out as the most desrving driver this weekend.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2724866)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber well deserved.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2724872)   #4
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber, but Sutil for his defence against Vettel gets and honourable mention.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2724873)   #5
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button for me

and here is why

after being eliminated for qualifying at the end of Q2 and therefore starting the race in a lowly 14th on the grid, he drove qith a maturity which was absoluetly brilliant to sit at home at watch
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2724877)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis Hamilton. He put that car in an exceptional position.

So happy for Mark Webber as well. He did everything he had to do, so credit to him.

Plaudits also for: Kobayashi, Sutil and Barrichello.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2724879)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27 View Post
Webber, but Sutil for his defence against Vettel gets and honourable mention.
Completely agree. Mr Vettel was not too special trying to get past

As for Mr Webber "Not bad for a #2 driver"
Go Potsie!!!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2724880)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button for going up ten places, just edging it over Kobayashi.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2724885)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Difficult one...gave it to Vettel for his recovery drive.....
Old 11 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2724888)   #10
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Special mention to Button for a nice move through the field and Sutil for making Vettel look a bit second rate in the best car in the field (including front wing).

I voted Webber ,but thinking now I should have given it to Alonso for being stiffed with a bull*#@t penalty.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2724896)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nico Rosberg for getting a podium and driving what must have been an ill handling car after losing a bargeboard.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2724905)   #12
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber for doing a "Tony Danza".
WHOS THE BOSS!!!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2724911)   #13
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i thought barrichello was superb today.

he didnt get much coverage, but was staying in touch with the kubica / alonso / rosberg battle before the safety car, so he genuinely finished in his deserved position, where others were flattered after the safety car.

5th in a williams is a great result, especially at the british GP.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2724914)   #14
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
button for driver of the day for me.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2724921)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber drove a good race... but then he had one of the two best cars in the race, so anything less than second would be a disappointment. No, Kobayashi did it for me. Again, he brought a car into the top 6 that had no right to be there.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2724932)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber was expected to win once Vettel shot himself in the foot.

DOTD is a tough one with several guys outperforming their cars.

I'll give it to Mr Rosberg.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2724936)   #17
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello all the way! Great drive
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2724937)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should have mentioned Rosberg in my plaudits.

Beats a seven-time world champion, AGAIN.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2724939)   #19
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Mark Webber.

To perform like that in such trying circumstances shows great mental strength.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2724943)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's a tough one this week because so many drivers drove well, But I have to give it to Webber for an outstandingly positive race at a time when he was feeling very hard done by.

The others deserving of a mention are Hamilton, Rosberg, Button, Barrichello and Kobayashi.

Not Vettel, because he only recovered as he did because of the Safety Car.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2724949)   #21
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A tough one: Hamilton showed a great performance, but in the end was nothing special. Button had a really nice catch up, but then again he messed up quali. Sutil was having a fantastic drive. Webber had a faultless performance, and deserved the victory more than anybody else. Good to see him deliver such a result consindering how things are going inside RBR. But I went for Rosberg as it was Merc's first good result and he put up quite a drive considering the Merc isn't that good and kept up with Alsonso and the likes.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2724956)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not just nationalism but I've gone for Webber - head down, take no prisoners, "cop that" approach that was very impressive. Button & Rosberg were the standouts for me other than that.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2724961)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only seen the highlights (10mins) but what fantastic performances from Webber, Hamilton, Rosberg, Button, Rubens, Kobayashi and Sutil. It's unfair to make us choose only one this weekend. Oh and the circuit deserves a mention too.

Great to see Webber getting his due, an absolutely stunning performance, really aggressive at the start, which I think was a shock to Vettel.

Then Hamilton swapping fastest laps in a car that really was a dog over the weekend.

Nico showed Mickey-the-Shoe how to drive and at one point got FL too.

Button was on another plane really. To come through from 14th to 8th was pretty good, but to be fighting for third at the end was exceptional.

As has been said Rubens in a Williams was magic today only one place up the grid but very well deserved.

Kobayashi drove very well to get that Sauber into the points.

Sutil is really showing signs that he needs a better car. His defence against Vettel was fantastic.

Very difficult but for me today it was Button for showing such class. He said he'd go out and enjoy himself and that's what he did.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2724978)   #24
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button for me, but a mention for Rosberg
Old 11 Jul 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2724992)   #25
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
The driver who finished further up than could rightly be expected. Kamui Kobayashi.