Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1352640)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching a GP and 10-Tenths.

This is perhaps a bit more for the regulars.

When watching a GP do you think about 10 Tenths? I must admit I wince a few times when something happens that will start a biggy. I was away during Indy which was fun. garcon and I were both at Le Mans, but felt for the forum!

Do you find, as Peter suggested in another thread, that you particularly look out for things like the gap between JV and Massa because of the forum?
Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1352652)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad you poicked up on that (lighthearted as it was). I confess that I'm always looking for something to talk about if I'm racing. Then you can get a bit of banter going.

As to F1 we tend to be polarised so (as with yesterday) I wondered what the MW fans would say about their man. Likewise the JV fans are pretty vociferous and when JV put that pass on DC I thought we'd get something going.

Certainly I was aware that MR V would be leaping up and down at the result.

I also reflected that RS had a better race but that he gets little coverage these days.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1352685)   #3
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, sometimes when I'm watching the GP I have my laptop with me and check for new posts in the advert breaks... Does that count?
Old 11 Jul 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1352723)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Sure. Every time Fisi has a problem, I think either the members in the forum will be cringing on my behalf, or looking forward to posting about it Either way, it certainly adds to the fun!
Old 11 Jul 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1352727)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i just finished reading the thread on why F1 is no fun to watch anymore which i though was strange and then i opened up this thread and realized why.
being part of this forum really encourages me to follow every aspect of a race weekend and not just look at what the front runners are doing. if more people did this they would find the on track action they are looking for(like a great run to the finish b/w williams/sauber/red bull).
while this season has been more in terms of competition than last year, i definatly chalk up my increased interest and knowledge to many of the posts people make here.
completly agree adam
Old 11 Jul 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1352745)   #6
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, this forum add to the excitement of a gp! Plus, I join the chat everytime they show commercials and I also keep F1.com's live thing open so I can know what's going in the meanwhile I'm addicted.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1352787)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes at times..... especially when watching incidents (good or bad) involving the 'popular' targets here... (JV,Fisi,Webber and a few others)
Old 11 Jul 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1352805)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm the same - I rarely if ever come online during the races, but I'm always thinking about what people will be sayign - the Fisichella example is a good one, whenever he has his weekly dose of misfortune I wonder what Inigo will write. I hate it when anythign dramatic involving Webber happens, because I've come to dread some of the resultant posts.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1352952)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only think of Tenths when poor James Allen opens his mouth.........
Old 11 Jul 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1352978)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would say, in general, I quite often think of Ten-Tenths when the commentators (or other "expert" analysists) decide to spew some pure, unmitigated nonsense (or else display not very thoroughly thought through arguments in order to reach their conclusion).

I quite often think at those points that they should spend sometime reading this forum. I realise that there are some people here that display all the same short comings in a pretty drastic manner, but, in general, you can get a thoroughly interesting mix of intepretations/sources of information with regards the issues of Formula One.

If the said people did spend sometime reading through the threads, then, I think, in many cases, they would be able to provide a more comprehensive service.

Do not interpret this as me meaning that their conclusions and the like have to be the same as mine, I am meaning that the structure and functioning of their thought processes would be of a higher standard.

That is my thinking, at least.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1352985)   #11
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think of this place too. During the US GP debacle, this forum was the first place I went to to view peoples reactions and discuss what we had just seen.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1352992)   #12
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get to need more out.

Not in the order.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1353035)   #13
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think of ten-tenths all the time when watchig gp's as im a regular on My Tracks, us designers always look at the circuits to spot improvement areas, well at least i do neway

also I look at Trulli's pace compared to Ralf's as a few people on here are anti - Ralf imo ... also jv and massa, and the williams'
Old 11 Jul 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1353052)   #14
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
As to F1 we tend to be polarised so (as with yesterday) I wondered what the MW fans would say about their man. Likewise the JV fans are pretty vociferous and when JV put that pass on DC I thought we'd get something going.
I was in fact thinking of starting a new thread after the race entitled "Jack Jack attacks!" or "Jack Jack is back!" when I saw the pass on TV. Unfortunately, he finsihed the race 14th behind DC such that I had to keep it quiet for this time.

I also often think of 10/10th as an efficient way to complete the coverage of a race. It is indeed the best source I know to get answers to questions which may cross one's mind during a race.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1353057)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_sykes
Get to need more out.

Not in the order.
Yes, you do.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1353100)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As it goes when I saw Fisichella's stall, my first thought was that the conspiracy thread would be bumped again
Old 12 Jul 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1353103)   #17
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As most GP's are a delayed telecast here in OZ,I watch the live timing and and read though the forum at the same time.I do visit other forums,but Ten-Tenths is the first I go to and the best to read imho.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1353104)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I had my laptop up and running during the Indy race, to check if all hell was breaking loose (I had feared for worse actually!).
But other than that, not really. I generally don't think about visiting tenths at all during or after Grand Prixs because during it you can't type here and remain fully focused on the race on TV at once; and after it you're coming into a discussion which is frequently already half an hour old with loads of replies which started during the race. Plus there's the JV vs Mass and Webber vs Heidfeld threads to steer well clear of
Old 12 Jul 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1353116)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
F1 would not be the same without 10-Tenths I can't remember how I first found the website, but anyway yes I wonder how the other members are going to react to a certain incident that takes place before, during, or after a race. An the fact that there are some of you members that are so well informed, which for me is a good way to learn. During the races though I am too busy watching the the box..
Old 12 Jul 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1353177)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Certainly I was aware that MR V would be leaping up and down at the result.

Thanks for thinking of me Peter and yes i was - Bridge enclosure, seat G7

I have to admit, i am very aware of what might happen on the boards when something happens during a race, and i can guarentee, should something untoward happen concerning JPM, i just know that there are certain members, who will come on here and stir things up about it (funnily enough, these members don't visit at other times!)
Old 12 Jul 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1353189)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, during a race if something controversial happens I always wonder what ill-considered opinions will be shouted loudest on the forums

And I know that other viewers will think "I wonder what kicking-back will have to say about this".

Seriously - as soon as the race is over, my thought tends to be getting everyones prediction competition scores up as quickly as possible.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1353605)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

And I know that other viewers will think "I wonder what kicking-back will have to say about this".
Oh, come now, we all know there is not a problem and everything will be 100% perfect come morning, .
Old 12 Jul 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1353620)   #23
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Seriously - as soon as the race is over, my thought tends to be getting everyones prediction competition scores up as quickly as possible.
The best part of it Thanks man
Old 12 Jul 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1353661)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol...10-tenths is now part of my F1 experience.

Usually, the moment the driver pass the finishing line..i'd be eager to get back to my computer and post my congratulations to the winner, to those i think did well, etc...

And when we have incident in the race...i'd be thinking of what i will see/hear/say on ten-tenths.

Didn't realise the extent of the habit until my computer died on me during the Silverstone weekend. I wanted to come online with my "not again for Kimi" & "Post-Silverstone GP" thread and congratulate JPM for finally winning for Mclaren... but couldn't and it felt terrible.. haha

And usually, like MS's defence on Nick at Australia GP which result in a collision, at that moment it already strike me that "darn...another field-day for anti_MS pple". Or when Rubens nearly touched MS at Indy.

Sometimes it's a pain arguing the same points with the same people over 3 days...but you'd only miss the bickering when you can't.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1353711)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most incidents that happen in F1 races tend to get me thinking about the forum, whether I could start a thread on something that has happened etc....

Didn't think about it much at the weekend as I was away from a computer for obvious reasons.....to think of tenths would have been to torture myself. Besides, i was too happy to witness JPM's first win for McLaren and then worry about the train home the next day to think of too much else!