Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3387858)   #2901
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Current P2 regulations do allow up to 5.0l V8's in naturally aspirated configuration...which just so happens to be the same specification as a Daytona Prototype V8...Hmmm
I'd go with a Chevy though for better packaging.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3387867)   #2902
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oreca-Corvette?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3387883)   #2903
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
ESM did run a great race, and they were very quick later in the race. Ganassi got a lucky break ... but they were there, weren't they? They didn't have a crash, a mechanical, didn't blow a pit stop ... they let everyone else fight up front and they turned their laps.

Ganassi #01 caught a break by pitting early, sure. But they didn't cheat, or steal the win. The belonged where they were.

I am a big David Braham fan, and also a Ryan Dalziel fan. I'd love to see those two on the top step at Sebring. But Matt's campervan is right: Ganassi Deserved its win. ESM earned second place. Neither got where they were through stupid rules, cheating, or anything like that.

Racing luck favored Ganassi—but then, it also favored ESM. ESM didn't get speared by a PC, nothing broke, they didn't get caught up in someone else's bad luck or bad driving. No team reaches the end of a serious endurance race without a little luck. Ganassi just got a big break at the right time.

No one "deserves" a win just because they tried hard. This isn't T-Ball. ESM got beat by a bad break. They drove a great race. They deserved ... second. Finish right after the winner, you deserve second.
I'm not going to bring up the late yellow....but that's the big point of contention from ESM, and then adding in unfavorable BoP that doesn't allow you to even catch the leader...

Whatever....before this goes FULLY off topic, everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop. Just a matter of IF it does.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 2 Apr 2014 at 15:10.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3387891)   #2904
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'd go with a Chevy though for better packaging.
Indeed, lower center of rotating mass as well.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3387928)   #2905
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So at this point the Long Beach grid is still at 21 cars. And I think that the ESM Dalziel/Sharp HPD in particular has to be the favorite to win along with the #42 Oak Morgan
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3387963)   #2906
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
So at this point the Long Beach grid is still at 21 cars. And I think that the ESM Dalziel/Sharp HPD in particular has to be the favorite to win along with the #42 Oak Morgan
A P2 car will never win, as long as NASCAR is in charge. Sad but true.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3387972)   #2907
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I'm not going to bring up the late yellow....but that's the big point of contention from ESM, and then adding in unfavorable BoP that doesn't allow you to even catch the leader...
Wait a sec...if BoP is truly equal and correct they should not have been able to catch the leader. Equal means the same...if both cars turn the same laps then they just hold position. The only BoP that would have allow Ryan to catch the 01 would have been one favoring the LMP2. Are you arguing that the LMP2 should have an advantage over the DP?

Here's a plot of the Gap from P1 to P2

Looks pretty even to me. Not really a surprise Ryan lost almost 4 sec on the as he was behind to GTD and the lead GTLM car on the restart, so there was no way he was going to be able to keep up with Marino until he got clear.

Clearly there's an argument about length of caution, number of cautions, blah blah blah, but BoP...I'm sorry...that dog don't hunt.

The only good thing about Sebring was that it seems the BoP was pretty damn good. Yeah yeah, the DP makes time differently LMP2, so and LMP2 could never pass a DP. I saw P2 pass DPs so it can happen. I thought one of the things we're all suppose to like about sports cars is variety. Isn't two cars make time differently but ending up with the same lap time variety? I sure wasn't complaining about the P1/P2 battle of 2008.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3387976)   #2908
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
A P2 car will never win, as long as NASCAR is in charge. Sad but true.
Long Beach will tell us plenty. Seeing as it's a single stop/single driver change race, strategy will prevail here. No green flag stops, double stint the tires, you've got a shot for a P2 win.

Having said that, the mid 70's are forecast and even on the hardest compound between the two, will favor the P2 cars on weight and mechanical grip.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3387981)   #2909
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Wait a sec...if BoP is truly equal and correct they should not have been able to catch the leader. Equal means the same...if both cars turn the same laps then they just hold position. The only BoP that would have allow Ryan to catch the 01 would have been one favoring the LMP2. Are you arguing that the LMP2 should have an advantage over the DP?

Here's a plot of the Gap from P1 to P2

Looks pretty even to me. Not really a surprise Ryan lost almost 4 sec on the as he was behind to GTD and the lead GTLM car on the restart, so there was no way he was going to be able to keep up with Marino until he got clear.

Clearly there's an argument about length of caution, number of cautions, blah blah blah, but BoP...I'm sorry...that dog don't hunt.

The only good thing about Sebring was that it seems the BoP was pretty damn good. Yeah yeah, the DP makes time differently LMP2, so and LMP2 could never pass a DP. I saw P2 pass DPs so it can happen. I thought one of the things we're all suppose to like about sports cars is variety. Isn't two cars make time differently but ending up with the same lap time variety? I sure wasn't complaining about the P1/P2 battle of 2008.
Not the thread for this, I won't carry this forward. The point is, the DP's still have a BoP that favors them, and using the logic they make time differently is a pre-aero change way to look at it.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3387982)   #2910
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Long Beach will tell us plenty. Seeing as it's a single stop/single driver change race, strategy will prevail here. No green flag stops, double stint the tires, you've got a shot for a P2 win.

Having said that, the mid 70's are forecast and even on the hardest compound between the two, will favor the P2 cars on weight and mechanical grip.
I think it might be comparable to the PWC race this past weekend with the Caddy v. Lambo. I know the Lambo won that round, but if I were a driver I would want the power every time.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3387989)   #2911
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not the thread for this, I won't carry this forward. The point is, the DP's still have a BoP that favors them, and using the logic they make time differently is a pre-aero change way to look at it.
I moved the comment some place more appropriate. I don't want to short change you ability to give a full and complete response.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=6271
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3387995)   #2912
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I'll say this again.

Dps are my long beach favorites to win, axr,ganassi,and Wtr will have the best chance to win.yes they don't know the track at all. It's all going to come down to qualifying,best pit stop,and who is going to make the dive bomb into turn 1. Once a dp is ahead they will pretty much slow up in the apex point and then shoot,with the extra hp and traction control p2s will struggle to get ahead.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3388023)   #2913
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ESM loaded their cars into the haulers today for the long trip to LBZ.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3388061)   #2914
ttdriver2009
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
ESM loaded their cars into the haulers today for the long trip to LBZ.
Did they load their GT3 458's instead of those choked down LMP-2 TUSK cars?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3388063)   #2915
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Did they load their GT3 458's instead of those choked down LMP-2 TUSK cars?
They haven't had the Ferrari's in a while.

Your posts sound really silly when you use "TUSK."
Old 3 Apr 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3388125)   #2916
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing choking down the hpd's is the continental tires, as of sebring p2s were running with bigger restrictors than in aco spec and with high downforce aero
Old 3 Apr 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3388127)   #2917
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They haven't had the Ferrari's in a while.

Your posts sound really silly when you use "TUSK."
Perhaps, but you sound kind of silly when they ran one of their Ferraris (for SMP) at Daytona.

Too much silliness all around, frankly! TUSCC really brings out the best in everyone.

Will be interesting to see how LB plays out, but there's more than enough motorsport to watch along with other aspects of life to enjoy, and this series needs to do better to retain my attention.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3388694)   #2918
ttdriver2009
Racer

I was in marching band many years ago and it was all the rage back in the early 80's for every marching band to do that Fleetwood Mac song, Tusk. We practiced it so many times, it's etched into my head. Every time I think about this series, that song pops into my head. Sorry for calling it that.

It's good that the series doesn't have a Star Wars reference.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3388844)   #2919
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I was in marching band many years ago and it was all the rage back in the early 80's for every marching band to do that Fleetwood Mac song, Tusk. We practiced it so many times, it's etched into my head. Every time I think about this series, that song pops into my head. Sorry for calling it that.

It's good that the series doesn't have a Star Wars reference.
That has become the 'theme song' for TUSCC related news on Mid Week Motorsport.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3388865)   #2920
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Everytime I hear (read) TUSK, I think of the elephant in the room. Theres my contribution to the thread, I'll leave now...
Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3389727)   #2921
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/ris...-dane-cameron/
Risi Competizione replaces Malucelli with Dane Cameron! Not sure yet if it's just for Long Beach or if it's for the full season (due to Turner BMW commitment).
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3389750)   #2922
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/ris...-dane-cameron/
Risi Competizione replaces Malucelli with Dane Cameron! Not sure yet if it's just for Long Beach or if it's for the full season (due to Turner BMW commitment).
That is a great pickup in my opinion. Dane is a very talented guy and should be able to bring the 458 home safe - which I'm sure is huge for Risi these days.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3389797)   #2923
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every cloud has a silver lining. Hopefully this will be Dane's chance to elevate himself into the Pro classes full time where he belongs.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3389945)   #2924
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Every cloud has a silver lining. Hopefully this will be Dane's chance to elevate himself into the Pro classes full time where he belongs.
Agreed. Hopefully he has a good race at Long Beach, both of his own sake and Risi's.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3390285)   #2925
ttdriver2009
Racer

Talking about the schedule, has anyone ever been to the 6 hour race at Watkins Glen. I might be in NYC right before that and thinking of taking an extended weekend and going to that race. Experiences? It it worth it?

Sorry for asking questions again.