Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Apr 2024, 18:34 (Ref:4205362)   #151
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Nice to see the Ferrari and some (extra) variety to the grid. From the original story should be a couple more announcements next week along with the full entry list.

Long range forecast looking like it might be wet, which is less good to see!
Yes, Autosport suggested yesterday that the total entry will probably be 44 cars.
Old 22 Apr 2024, 15:44 (Ref:4206070)   #152
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry List is now out on BGT site;

https://www.britishgt.com/images/Bri...22-04-2024.pdf
Old 22 Apr 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4206072)   #153
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For any spectator photographers out there, you may wish to know that there is new higher fencing at Luffield in front of the new grandstand (you'd need a cherry picker to shoot over it ...). The fence line has also been amended at Brooklands but with care a panning shot can be achieved through the fence. There was no access in front of Escapade (and the old bank that you walked on seems to have gone (for good ?). There is a longish walk round the back of the extensive Escapade development. Silverstone website shows open grandstands and facilities - these seem to be between Luffield and Copse only. No indication that the link road is open or closed, but the Porsche Centre bridge seems to be showing no public access. No indication of whether the footbridge between the Wing and Hotel is accessible.
Old 22 Apr 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4206079)   #154
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just had a quick google search in regards to new fencing around Luffield, what on earth were they thinking?
Old 22 Apr 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4206080)   #155
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To stop Just Stop Oil protesters ? Anything track side will tend to be relatively slow speed.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
Old 22 Apr 2024, 20:00 (Ref:4206105)   #156
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just yet another reason to just avoid the place, it is basically now a one event a year venue, everything else to them is just a pain in the arse.

I live half an hour away and after reading this and other comments from elsewhere I will not be attending this meeting, this place is about as welcoming as a prison.

I do hope eventually f1 fades away a little and they go begging to events like this to make them some money, but that shows no sign of happening, hence they seem to treat everything else as a pain in the backside!

Their approach to fans is so poor at times, so I will take my business elsewhere
Old 24 Apr 2024, 09:18 (Ref:4206252)   #157
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I quite agree Flatty, for a place that styles itself as 'The Home of British Motorsport' it doesn't do a very good job for anything other than F1.

The most obvious sign they don't care about other events is the lack of bridges to the pits - not rebuilding the one by the old pits when the track was widened, and not putting a bridge (or tunnel) to get to the new pits or Wing Building from the 'outside'.
Old 24 Apr 2024, 12:26 (Ref:4206269)   #158
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me the most obvious of their total disregard for people who are so vulgar as to actually pay for their own tickets is that they always open the wrong Woodcote grandstand. I don’t as contemplating going but between the weather forecast, being treated as an inconvenience by the venue and the cost I’m going to watch it on the telly.
Oulton BSB and Spa WEC over the following 2 weekends will be far more fun experiences
Old 24 Apr 2024, 17:08 (Ref:4206307)   #159
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sadder aspect to this is, every time this subject comes up the vast majority of people do not like the place.

Yet every year nearly half a million people swarm there to watch probably the most boring, predictable and turgid rubbish, and pay massively over the odds to do so. SO in all honesty why would Silverstone give a toss about any paying punters for anything else.

I aim to treat them with the contempt they treat those half a million people every year.
Old 26 Apr 2024, 00:04 (Ref:4206458)   #160
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same, the only reason id go there now is if GTWC Endurance and/or WEC/ELMS came back, i wouldn't attend for anything else.

I was close to going this weekend because the grid is great and the support races offer fantastic action but instead im going to Brands the week after for GTWC Europe even though the support races are not as good and it will cost me more in fuel/travel time.
Old 27 Apr 2024, 20:18 (Ref:4206687)   #161
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Saturday shots https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBo6Uw
Old Yesterday, 02:26 (Ref:4206707)   #162
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Fun stuff! Thankd!
Old Yesterday, 15:15 (Ref:4206845)   #163
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I quite agree Flatty, for a place that styles itself as 'The Home of British Motorsport' it doesn't do a very good job for anything other than F1.
The "Home of British Motorsport" but, in my personal opinion, the least spectator friendly circuit in the UK, by a considerable margin.

Overrated, overpriced and absolutely soulless.
Old Yesterday, 16:45 (Ref:4206863)   #164
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vanthoor and Leung dominated the race but on their last pit stop they couldn't get fuel into the car.
Old Yesterday, 16:52 (Ref:4206867)   #165
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Vanthoor and Leung dominated the race but on their last pit stop they couldn't get fuel into the car.
It led to an exciting race in the end; almost a dream comeback for Mardenborough, but Clutton was a bit too eager and both ended up fighting for Pro-Am honours rather than the overall win. As an occasional British GT viewer, how often does a Silver-Am win overall?

Also of note, Gordie Mutch picking up a podium in GT4, he's one to watch out for.
Old Yesterday, 17:54 (Ref:4206884)   #166
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The reintroduction of the FCY to BGT was an excellent decision.
Old Yesterday, 21:02 (Ref:4206925)   #167
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBoaNY

Images from Raceday ...
Old Today, 01:23 (Ref:4206934)   #168
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBoaNY

Images from Raceday ...
Nice set!