Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Apr 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3390840)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Allowing myself to be gently encouraged by the weather forecast for the Easter weekend.

Admittedly a touch cold, but a far cry indeed from what we saw last year, particularly on the Saturday.
Well remember that a certain person will not be there so it will be warm and sunny Sorry andrew could not resist that, hope op goes well
Old 10 Apr 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3390852)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh it's gone already Simon.........

Bruised and sore, but hopefully on the mend. And I hope that the sun shines on all of you, after all, you need to get some practice in for the temperatures you'll have to cope with in June.......
Old 11 Apr 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3391013)   #78
LMP1
Rookie

LMP1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just a casual viewer of sportscars so I don't always get some of the WEC rules:

What is the point in splitting P1 into -H and -L?
Are they worried some teams can't compete with the big manufacturers? If so, shouldn't they just compete in P2 instead of splitting the P1 class in two?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3391030)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP1 View Post
I'm just a casual viewer of sportscars so I don't always get some of the WEC rules:

Are they worried some teams can't compete with the big manufacturers? If so, shouldn't they just compete in P2 instead of splitting the P1 class in two?
There are different regulations for hybrid cars for obvious reasons, and within the hyrid regs there are all sorts of rules but if a car is simply petrol or diesel only then it is more suitable for private teams
Old 11 Apr 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3391042)   #80
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

It is worth noting as well that a specific "FIA Endurance Trophy" is awarded to the best private LMP1 team running in the LMP1-L category.

Another "FIA Endurance Trophy" is also supposed to be awarded to the best private LMP1 team drivers, but only if at least three cars are entered for the season, which is unlikely to happen as it becomes less and less likely that Lotus will make it to the race track.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3391094)   #81
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I will also take a stab at answering your questions...

If given a single set of rules in LMP1, the ACO (and likely everyone else) absolutely thinks there is little chance of a private team being able to complete against the factory teams (short of luck) due to resource (money) inequality. So if you likely have near zero chance at winning as privateer, why compete? That would mean LPM1 would be effectively factory only and nobody really wants that. Nobody wants all privateers to be stuffed into LMP2.

So they created two sets of rules for LMP1 (LMP1H and LMP1L). One for factory teams (hybrid) and the other for privateer teams (non-hybrid). ACO has tried to both balance energy allocations with regards to fuel and hybrid classifications as well as provide some incentives to the privateer teams (via increased allocations). Theoretically a top notch privateer team could win with less money spent.

I believe one goal of this is to support both factory and privateer teams at the same time but without putting all of their eggs in one basket. If the factory teams left (not a good thing regardless), they have regulation targeted at lower budget privateers.

Richard
Old 11 Apr 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3391126)   #82
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...s-silverstone/ Lotus going to miss Silverstone. Might almost be worth a sarcastic comment, but on the other hand the only reason Rebellion isn't doing the same is that they have old cars sitting around, which Lotus don't.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3391205)   #83
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Lotus T129 will not take part in Silverstone.

One would like to make only test drives to ensure the reliability. the car was just getting ready. Lotus was let by the engine partner hang and has the change performed only late to AER.

The car shall have to do nothing more with the T128. The car is from the feather of Paul White.

http://www.lotus-lmp1.com/

Old 11 Apr 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3391212)   #84
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albers Fan View Post
The new Lotus T129 will not take part in Silverstone.

One would like to make only test drives to ensure the reliability. the car was just getting ready. Lotus was let by the engine partner hang and has the change performed only late to AER.

The car shall have to do nothing more with the T128. The car is from the feather of Paul White.

http://www.lotus-lmp1.com/

OMG it is great that they are getting a new LMP1 website ready. Maybe they
intend serious bussiness this time. Maybe 2 cars for next year? Anyway teh car looks great.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3391223)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not really surprised that they will not be there but lets hope they make it to Spa
Old 11 Apr 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3391242)   #86
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
OMG it is great that they are getting a new LMP1 website ready. Maybe they
intend serious bussiness this time. Maybe 2 cars for next year? Anyway teh car looks great.
Serious business and Colin Kolles are incompatible.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3391249)   #87
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Serious business and Colin Kolles are incompatible.
Well, he is a lot more successful in Motorsports than me - F3 with Pierre Kaffer, DTM, Spyker F1, HRT F1, R10 LMP, Lotus LMP, likely F1 again in 2015/2016...
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3391250)   #88
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Well, he is a lot more successful in Motorsports than me - F3 with Pierre Kaffer, DTM, Spyker F1, HRT F1, R10 LMP, Lotus LMP, likely F1 again in 2015/2016...
Yeah, but for most of those things, the common element is... not a very long project lifespan, generally for financial reasons.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3391251)   #89
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Yeah, but for most of those things, the common element is... not a very long project lifespan, generally for financial reasons.
So you want him to be as boring as me and not try at all?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3391286)   #90
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'd love another long term privateer LMP1 entrant, but in the absence of anything like that I'll take Kolles come what may.

To give the guy credit he's brought a fair few cars to the WEC grid over the last few years in an environment when others with maybe more provenance have struggled to do so.

For 2014 I'll give him a break, look forward to seeing his car at Spa, and take what I've got for this year.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3391389)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Totally agree Ian, if all we do is moan about people for trying then eventually no one will bother to enter private teams and then what do we have when the manufacturers leave
Old 12 Apr 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3391395)   #92
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do want them to make it sincerely but I don't want to see another WTCC Onyx-type-bubble from start to bust in WEC again. Come Kodewa guys! You can make it!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3391493)   #93
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
If he was serious , he wouldn't be bouncing from championship to championship without accomplishing much , would he !
Old 12 Apr 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3391521)   #94
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those going to the track here are the sprinkling of Grandstands we can use:

Old 12 Apr 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3391536)   #95
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For those going to the track here are the sprinkling of Grandstands we can use:

Fine for Sunday, okay for Saturday, and pretty underwhelming for Friday.

One takes what crumbs one can.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3391551)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy the view from Becketts on Sunday.......
Old 12 Apr 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3391559)   #97
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Becketts being open on Sunday was the big one for me. It's got an incredible vista over so much of the track and I've really felt it being shut the last couple of years.

Somewhat disappointed with the offering on Saturday as I think I'm just as excited about the ELMS round, but saying that, it also serves to make the point that for a very flat track Silverstone over the years has managed to put together a pretty decent number of non-grandstand dependent viewing spots.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3391846)   #98
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Becketts being open on Sunday was the big one for me.
Likewise...best view on the circuit!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3391881)   #99
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Likewise...best view on the circuit!
...and the windiest spot of Northamptonshire.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3391916)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
a good view yes but i seem to remember it as being a little confusing to many bits of the circuit in view at the same time