Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3021500)   #101
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker View Post
Only problem is the light box is on the outside of the corner, and front the driving seat you are looking to the apex, and that corner is prety fast and you need to hold on so looking the opposite way is not on the list of things to do.
Yes agree with that - but it is bright and obvious so you sort of catch it in your periphal vision as you do with so many flag/signals, even when looking at, or thru', the apex. Certainly saw a blue there - which was meant for me as the Radical came up behind.

However, as you say a board can go where a human cannot - so yes, I agree, place them carefully and with max impact.

Oh, and damn and double damn those X-bows (and Radicals)
Old 4 Feb 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3021565)   #102
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad you had a good day, Tony-shame I couldn't make it.
I was very impressed with the light boxes when I marshalled at the 12hr MX5 race last year. We were also given hand held led boxes for night time which worked very well too. Take note other circuits please.....
Old 5 Feb 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3021879)   #103
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Yes agree with that - but it is bright and obvious so you sort of catch it in your periphal vision as you do with so many flag/signals, even when looking at, or thru', the apex. Certainly saw a blue there - which was meant for me as the Radical came up behind.

However, as you say a board can go where a human cannot - so yes, I agree, place them carefully and with max impact.

Oh, and damn and double damn those X-bows (and Radicals)
Periphal vision, whats that this was my only view of a marshals hut from last year at Oulton

The only video I managed to get from the track day was some rear facing stuff so only got cars overtaking me lol
Old 5 Feb 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3021899)   #104
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brickkicker - your photo illustrates exactly what Nina said to me after I had posted...

Of course I don't race so didn't think about that particular aspect very well.

I assume of course you were lapping those guys....

Mighty Minis right? If so will see you a lot as we marshal a lot of BRSCC meetings - will say Hi on start line/assembly
Old 7 Feb 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3022720)   #105
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Darren Turner has Tweeted today that Brands has a full lighting system in place now (he's testing there today) - the shape of things to come at all circuits?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3023157)   #106
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
Darren Turner has Tweeted today that Brands has a full lighting system in place now (he's testing there today) - the shape of things to come at all circuits?
I know we are slightly off topic, but the work that MSV have done to improve the circuits has been fantstic, they seem to have not only spent the money but spent it in the right areas. Hopefully other venues will start to move forward to try and catch up.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3023218)   #107
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker View Post
I know we are slightly off topic, but the work that MSV have done to improve the circuits has been fantstic, they seem to have not only spent the money but spent it in the right areas. Hopefully other venues will start to move forward to try and catch up.
Totally agree. I can only speak for Snetterton but it's now a pleasure to marshal there on all levels. Silverstone is getting there.....slowly!
Old 11 Feb 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3024582)   #108
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
uploaded all photos from Oulton

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=45556188bb