Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1728962)   #51
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well (fearing the hurl of abuse I might get back...)

I must point out - chucking your car about on the track is expensive, is still dangerous, is very time consuming and often impractical.

... when compared to giving it some stick on the way to/home from work, which is basically free and easy.

whether it's right or wrong to do so... I don't think you can argue with this. So it should come as no suprise that it happens.

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

... also I would say I had a better than average ability to control my car in adverse weather conditions, such as deep standing water, thick mud, and snow, due to spending far too much time in deserted car parks and isolated back roads/tracks when I was younger 'giving it some stick'. You may frown on this - but knowing what the high way code says to do in the event of a slide etc. is one thing, sensing it, and doing it is another. Yes there are courses that would teach me this, but they're expensive and I don't earn a great deal (despite working 6 days a week and some evenings - hence I also don't have the time)......

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

so... If driver training were improved we would also have less of a problem.

... and don't get me started on bikes ...
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.