Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2866309)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Philip Morris International and Ferrari in 2012?

With the contract between Philip Morris International (Marlboro) and Ferrari up for renewal at the end of this year, would Ferrari ditch the Marlboro man or would the ride into the sunset with an extention of said contract? Me thinks Ferrari and Marlboro will split as their sponsorship is all smoke and mirrors.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2866335)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Surely it's more about "would Marlboro man ditch Ferrari"? Ferrari aren't going to turn down a big pile of cash are they? If Phillip Morris think it's still a worthwhile relationship I'm sure it'll continue.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2866359)   #3
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Ferrari aren't going to turn down a big pile of cash are they?.
Especially since they do nothing for it. apart from paiting their cars red, which they tend to do anyway
Old 19 Apr 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2866379)   #4
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Especially since they do nothing for it. apart from paiting their cars red, which they tend to do anyway
I have it on good authority that Marlboro is the only brand of cigs that Ferrari allows Alonso, Massa & the rest of the team are allowed to smoke since they can't help themselves once they look at the livery.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2866390)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet Marbolro won't let Ferrari walk away from extending the contract...
Old 19 Apr 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2866469)   #6
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasnt this contract already been extended? I thought it was reported somewhere?
Old 19 Apr 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2866476)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Marlboro pay the drivers' wages don't they?
Old 19 Apr 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2866539)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Marlboro pay the drivers' wages don't they?
I guess Santander pays Teflonso's don't they ?
Old 19 Apr 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2866584)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope tic tac will replace them.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2866604)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Crikey i'd almost forgotten Marlboro were still involved. It's never seemed anywhere as significant since the dayglo chevrons left McLaren.

The so-called subliminal marketing's got a lot to answer for!
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2866614)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Crikey i'd almost forgotten Marlboro were still involved.
You're meant to be outraged. Think of the children, will no one think of the children?!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127490
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2866634)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

For years now Ferrari have been trying to pass their F1 cars off as Fiats, and no one's taken a blind bit of notice!
Old 19 Apr 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2866657)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Oh at least they have a good anti-virus.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2866682)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Course it also looks just like Dale Jrs font for the number 8, doesn't hurt that it's black on red too though. First they were making everyone think they were Fords (F-150) and now is Chevy/DEI going to try to take their shots at Ferrari too?
Old 20 Apr 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2866812)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
Hasnt this contract already been extended? I thought it was reported somewhere?
It was certainly reported that way at round about the time of the F150 launch in January.

<Marlboro to extend Ferrari sponsorship>
Old 20 Apr 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2866842)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It was certainly reported that way at round about the time of the F150 launch in January.

<Marlboro to extend Ferrari sponsorship>
Long may they continue to contribute to motor racing and subsidise my taxes -- all good!
Old 20 Apr 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2866939)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I hope tic tac will replace them.
Oh those were the days.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2866960)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I guess Santander pays Teflonso's don't they ?
I don't know. I just recall hearing an anecdote about a high-ranking Philip Morris executive looking at a list of their highest paid employees in a board meeting and exclaiming "Who the **** is Edmund Irvine?"
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2867176)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I don't know. I just recall hearing an anecdote about a high-ranking Philip Morris executive looking at a list of their highest paid employees in a board meeting and exclaiming "Who the **** is Edmund Irvine?"

Well, at least Santander won't have this kind of questioning.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2867419)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought that was a quote from the Ford board shortly before they pulled the plug on Jaguar?
Old 21 Apr 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2867427)   #21
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I thought that was a quote from the Ford board shortly before they pulled the plug on Jaguar?
Quite possibly.

Chinese whispers!