Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Nov 2007, 08:17 (Ref:2072275)   #1201
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes welcome 275,It's alway's good to have different Photographer's viewpoint's at different circuit's.Good shot's.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2072324)   #1202
Steve Hill
Rookie

England
Buckinghamshire
Steve Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi 275GTD, Welcome, thanks for the shot of the Elite, we had a good run in the Gentleman Drivers 2hour race finishing 32nd with a best lap of 3:16, my how things change, a few years ago we finished 14th, too many V8s (only joking) seven Cobras, Mustangs,Corvettes has moved us much further down the finishing order but we enjoyed the event,the atmosphere,weather and meeting old friends made this the best event of the year for us. It looks like you also have a shot of my co driver Brendan Roberts in his FJ Lola
Old 21 Nov 2007, 14:58 (Ref:2072535)   #1203
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Kevin, we must've been side by side there.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2072738)   #1204
275gtb
Rookie

275gtb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hill
Hi 275GTD, Welcome, thanks for the shot of the Elite, we had a good run in the Gentleman Drivers 2hour race finishing 32nd with a best lap of 3:16, my how things change, a few years ago we finished 14th, too many V8s (only joking) seven Cobras, Mustangs,Corvettes has moved us much further down the finishing order but we enjoyed the event,the atmosphere,weather and meeting old friends made this the best event of the year for us. It looks like you also have a shot of my co driver Brendan Roberts in his FJ Lola
Really a nice car and the colours are excellent for photographing, here a couple more of your car:
Attached Thumbnails
Spa-15.jpg   Spa-16.jpg   Spa-17.jpg  

Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2072740)   #1205
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you got one of my beloved Cortina GT, no 62, in Top Hats ?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2072747)   #1206
275gtb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel

Hi Kevin, we must've been side by side there.
Indeed, we must have been side by side Isn't it a small world
Old 21 Nov 2007, 20:02 (Ref:2072751)   #1207
275gtb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen
Have you got one of my beloved Cortina GT, no 62, in Top Hats ?
Nope, I arrived not much before the Formula Junior race (which was just after the Top Hat race) as a friend participated with this Stanguellini FJ.

Best regards

-Kevin
Old 22 Nov 2007, 07:54 (Ref:2073194)   #1208
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The red and white Lola FJ you have pphotoed is none other than ten tenther Brendan Roberts! I wont masage his ego by saying how pretty it is!
Old 22 Nov 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2073197)   #1209
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Steve's Elite:

Gorgeous office there.

And 2006.

Last race: two-hours in the drizzle.

I've got race #7 ready: Historic Motor Racing News U2TC.
Nice GTA's, Mini's, Cortina's, Beemers and all. Wonna see some?

What's the coding for thumbs then?

Cheers, Dink
Old 22 Nov 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2073209)   #1210
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
lots of U2TC please Dink!

whats with the line lock for the brakes in the elite ? for traffic light burn outs ?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2073219)   #1211
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the fully FIA compliant H/Brake Zef.

Last Race? Drizzle? Sunday? Spa?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 09:08 (Ref:2073247)   #1212
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfl
That's why we enjoy racing cars of this period. You can be a few secs off the pace and still have great racing unlike in some of the modern stuff we've done.

PS: Roger- once brother got the hang of the car we were lapping in the 3.15-17's- best of the weekend was a 14.9.
That I must agree with,first time there and someone kept adding bits onto the circuit,my main fear was getting in other peoples way but got nephew Tim's car down to 3min12 before I decided to give back to him whilst it was in one piece.Love the track,love the people and the atmosphere,definitely going to do some track days and learn that course.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 22 Nov 2007, 09:10 (Ref:2073248)   #1213
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel
"pictures shouldn't be much more than 400 x 400 or thereabouts."
Have you forgotten so soon?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 09:58 (Ref:2073329)   #1214
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
That I must agree with,first time there and someone kept adding bits onto the circuit,my main fear was getting in other peoples way but got nephew Tim's car down to 3min12 before I decided to give back to him whilst it was in one piece.Love the track,love the people and the atmosphere,definitely going to do some track days and learn that course.

You just missed one Falcie,last Sunday,open pitlane all day,£229s worth of heaven.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 10:08 (Ref:2073350)   #1215
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
That's why I asked: what's the coding for thumbs?

Drizzle was 2006 . . . as tagged above the pic.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:05 (Ref:2073411)   #1216
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
06 was wet, I raced in the damp I seem to remember ( and before any of you start I did go to the toilet before the start)

I'm just wondering . . . the Spa 08 thread shouldn't start before January, will this one hit 100 pages by then?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:26 (Ref:2073429)   #1217
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Want to use my Fiesta,something I know and dont mind a few bent panels,Tims D is different,if I bend that I'd have Sue after me as well.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2073433)   #1218
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
06 was wet, I raced in the damp I seem to remember ( and before any of you start I did go to the toilet before the start)

I'm just wondering . . . the Spa 08 thread shouldn't start before January, will this one hit 100 pages by then?

I'm sure it will,we need to start being rude about Simon,Peter,Esper etc,that'll do it !
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:30 (Ref:2073435)   #1219
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just change your page view settings.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 11:30 (Ref:2073436)   #1220
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Want to use my Fiesta,something I know and dont mind a few bent panels,Tims D is different,if I bend that I'd have Sue after me as well.

Wan't some FIA Paper's for it.

Old 22 Nov 2007, 12:18 (Ref:2073457)   #1221
Steve Hill
Rookie

England
Buckinghamshire
Steve Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef,Terry, The orignal hand brake on the Elite S2 was an underdash umbrella type, fine for the road but once strapped in the seat unreachable, when I aqquired the car it had a handbrake lever connected to a hydraulic cylinder mounted upside down under the dash in the footwell, this too was unreachable, we ran the car for a couple of years without a handrake, but got fed up with hunting around collection areas for stones/rocks to put under the wheels to stop the car rolling away
Would you exclude me at scruteneering for the line lock ?. To be 100% FIA compliant I would have to install the original unreachable handbrake, how would that work ?, If you have a better legal solution then let me know and I will willing change it,
Old 22 Nov 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2073493)   #1222
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, still a very nice car your elite. It was my fathers he build it, thanks keeping it in that shape.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 13:24 (Ref:2073499)   #1223
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Steve,only winding you up,but the Line Lock is,nt exactly period,it spoil's an otherwise lovely car.Is it not possible to install another floor mounted H/Brake[Cable Opperated].If you do not have any problems in Scrutineering then----.I do sympathise though,not really that easy to overcome,unless you could use a strap from the unbrella to somewhere in reach? Obviously just for parking though.

Last edited by terence; 22 Nov 2007 at 13:28.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 14:29 (Ref:2073548)   #1224
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Fear not Steve, my car had the brolly handle, not only can you not reach them, they don't work! at least the Cortina had a floor option, I guess that would pull the tunnelo to bits on a lotus!

the only reason I commented was it could be percieved as a balance adjustment ? obviously its not though.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 14:37 (Ref:2073555)   #1225
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Same reason here Zef.Fitted one to one car a while ago,only to be told that basically"If it wont go through an MOT,it aint legal here."