Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Jun 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2221877)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rounds 9 & 10 British F3 - Snetterton

Are we not missing a thread in here this weekend or have I missed it?

Provisional timetable and Round 9 qualifying results on what looks like a very wet track. Maybe somebody can get us caught-up. :dunno:
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2221947)   #2
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result for Devaney taking pole for race 1. The Mygale obviously suited to the long straights of snetterton with Tandy an excellent 2nd
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2221961)   #3
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Hartley takes pole for race 2 ahead of Hohenthal with Perez and Devaney on row 2. Row 3 Mustonen and Alguersuari.

Stefan Wilson putting it on pole in the national class just ahead his team mate Jay Bridger.

I was a bit suprised to see Callum Macleod so far off the pace in Q1 and more so in Q2, obviously a lot of work to be done on the SLC chassis.

I will be hoping for a good result for Devaney tommorrow, his results so far this season haven't matched his driving skills and it would be good to see him have better luck after 2 excellent qualifying sessions.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2221972)   #4
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Are we not missing a thread in here this weekend or have I missed it?

Provisional timetable and Round 9 qualifying results on what looks like a very wet track. Maybe somebody can get us caught-up. :dunno:
Bit slow this weekend ........ where is everyone? on holidays?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2222184)   #5
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
At Silverstone m8.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2222208)   #6
n.kuiper
Rookie

New Zealand
waiuku
n.kuiper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
go hartley
Old 8 Jun 2008, 05:30 (Ref:2222292)   #7
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
At Silverstone m8.
Yep - everyone's taking advantage of the free tickets to have a great day out.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2222414)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Missed the start. Running, track dry.

http://www.sportsync.net/sportsyncac...mingBF3GT.html

Race 2 1600 local time.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2222423)   #9
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hooray for Devaney, Ultimate and Mygale - very deserved winners

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f3/n...netterton.html
Old 8 Jun 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2222425)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
And he's done it, with what looked like Alguersuari keeping him honest at the end there.

No Irish flag in the football smilies.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2222481)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, after two wet and horrible days at Snetterton, it's dry and sunny today, but still Michael Michael Devaney managed to carry his speed forward in the different conditions to score a first F3 victory for himself, Ultimate and Mygale. Kinda historic. Jaime Alguersuari was a close 2nd and has closed right up on Sergio Perez in the points table. Brendon Hartley was 3rd and starts race 2 from pole.

In the National Class, Jay Bridger won clearly from Andy Meyrick.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2222535)   #12
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Hey, a 2fer, that's quite a showing. What happened to Brendon Hartley?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2222543)   #13
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Well done Mick ! what a result.... 1 win is fair enough but 2 is just being greedy !

Last edited by wannab-aracer; 8 Jun 2008 at 15:51.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2222548)   #14
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Just noticed that Marcus Ericsson set a f3 new lap record (1:01.893) in race 1, underlining the perfect race weather........ what a contrast to yesterday !
Old 8 Jun 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2222556)   #15
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Devaney takes second win. Great weekend by Ultimate( 2 wins in british f3+massive points in WSR). Starting to really like this team, i hope next near they will have Mortara(as part of signature) and Guerrieri(Ultimate) as their drivers in WSR - that is could be winning combination
And hooray for Alguersuari - leading the championship , nobody could even think about that before( even he himself, i want to win spanish f3 and take top3 in british f3).
Alguersuari 99
Perez 98
Mustonen 87
Hohental 81
Old 8 Jun 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2223169)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Jaime Alguersuari must be really happy with the weekend, nearly as much so as Mick Devaney and the Ultimate guys. He, Jaime, is now leading the title chase, whilst Red Bull team-mate, Brendon Hartley, who had race 2 in his pocket, threw it it away by trying to keep pulling away, when at Snetterton there is just no need to do that.

Those who have expressed disappointment on here with Stefan Wilson's efforts should note that he won the National Class in race 2 totally on merit, clear of both of both Jay Bridger and Andy Meyrick. Fluid had a good weekend, with wins for both their drivers.

But almost everyone was happy, just because it was a proper summer's day.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2223261)   #17
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider

Those who have expressed disappointment on here with Stefan Wilson's efforts should note that he won the National Class in race 2 totally on merit, clear of both of both Jay Bridger and Andy Meyrick. Fluid had a good weekend, with wins for both their drivers.

But almost everyone was happy, just because it was a proper summer's day.
Good point, Stefan Wilson done the business fair and square, I was expecting another Jay Bridger win after his strong early season testing. I have been guilty of pointing out Stefan's shortfalls in previous races and I'm pleased for him to get the monkey off his back somewhat. Having the Autosport award around his neck is always going to have added presure to perform, and perform he did.

humble pie

Last edited by wannab-aracer; 9 Jun 2008 at 01:20.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2223371)   #18
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guys any idea on what happened to the SLC car? They retired both times as I can see on the results.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2223476)   #19
late-breaker
Rookie

late-breaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh, was a clear win from Wilson in the second race, he was running well in the first race too, being the only other national driver in the 62's along with bridger I see.

I cant believe how quick everone was to judge him, give the kid a break to be honest! hes 18 and this is his 2nd year racing cars! racing F3 cars!, theres a lot more to come from him. He obviously did a good job in the Mclaren autosport tests, and I find it funny that some guys on here, not mentioning any names (GAZ) who probably weren't even there think they can comment about how he didnt deserve to win, after all its what happened on the day that counted, and also being the youngest and least experienced weighed in his favour too. c'mon all the rest were 2 years older than him, so think of it this way, wait 2 years and then compare him to the others, or in Duncans case 5 years. lol.

I think hes made a lot of progress just in the last couple of races, and hopefully this starts his year rolling.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2223629)   #20
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilson did perform better this weekend, a good showing. But he got so much flack because he didn't perform at the beginning of the season, simple as that. The fact that he is so inexperienced IS the reason why he shouldn't have got the award. He was no where near the fastest on the day of the evaluations, and giving him the award just put everyones attention on him when he should be learning under the radar. What's next, go down to the local arrive n drive and pick a candidate from there and give him the award based on his 'lack of experience'.

I thought the award was designed for the next F1 hopeful. Do we really think Stefan Wilson is good enough for f1? 07 was an FPA marketing tool in my opinion.

And age doesn't matter when it comes to experience, its miles, and the two aren't always directly linked.

Last edited by 50-SIX; 9 Jun 2008 at 12:20.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2223643)   #21
50-SIX
Racer

But that said, good luck to Stefan for the rest of the season, I hope he keeps the improved form seen at Snett up for the rest of the season.

I still want Meyrick to take the title though, he's a good lad.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2223652)   #22
late-breaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX
Wilson did perform better this weekend, a good showing. But he got so much flack because he didn't perform at the beginning of the season, simple as that. The fact that he is so inexperienced IS the reason why he shouldn't have got the award. He was no where near the fastest on the day of the evaluations, and giving him the award just put everyones attention on him when he should be learning under the radar. What's next, go down to the local arrive n drive and pick a candidate from there and give him the award based on his 'lack of experience'.

I thought the award was designed for the next F1 hopeful. Do we really think Stefan Wilson is good enough for f1? 07 was an FPA marketing tool in my opinion.

And age doesn't matter when it comes to experience, its miles, and the two aren't always directly linked.
Yeh ok pal!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go with the conspiracy theories!

so you were there on the day were you? with your stop watches? lol how do you know how anyone did that day! in the end the judges made there decision and they know a lot more than you pal. if you argue with that last statement your a fool! lol and I'd say yeh he could make it, hes very raw but hes got potential. enough said.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2223674)   #23
50-SIX
Racer

Alright calm down, 'pal'!

Why do you assume I know so little. So you were there then, and he was the quickest?

I did not have my stop watch, but I know lots of people who did, and I also know 3 of the nominees.

I have nothing against SW, but in my opinion there were alot more deserving winners present.

And a 50 yearold with 6 months ff1600 experience has more experience than a 17 yearold who has been racing since 8 years of age? No, and tha tis what I meant by my last statement. A 23 year old hasn't necessarily got bags more experience than an 18 year old, if along the way he has not had the money to do full seasons, the amount of testing, etc, etc.

Last edited by 50-SIX; 9 Jun 2008 at 12:56.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2223715)   #24
late-breaker
Rookie

haha im calm.

Im just saying at the end of day the decision has been made, made by some of the sports highly regarded names, so i think they know what there looking for. So stop moaning!!! lol

ok so who was quickest then in the three cars? if you know say, im sure everyone would like to hear?

at the end of the day your entitled to your opinion but only time will tell if you are right or wrong in this case.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2223902)   #25
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Leave that Autosport award topic... was it or was it not, we're in 2008, and everyone knows that Adam get that reward this year ;-). Stefan, as I see it is getting there towards the front of NCpack. Good, very good for Class, because after couple of rounds I thought he's gonna run away with that title. Good to see fighr there too.