Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2596502)   #51
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3057.html

OAK Racing has taken over the manufacturing arm of Pescarolo Sport. They will now produce the chassis and spares for the Pescarolo 01.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2596699)   #52
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news! Pescarolo and OAK Racing will cooperate to develop the P01 chassis for 2010 season! So, Pescarolo Sport is trying to organize a program for the next season (probably with a 2009 P01).
I hope Henri can find many funds, and may race two cars instead of one.
Pescarolo Sport has produced a very good P1, so they will have the chance to improve it, now.
I hope to see Pescarolo Sport on the starting grid in Le Mans 24 Hours, and LMS or Intercontinentcal Le Mans Cup, next year.
Finally, a good new!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 9 Dec 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2596723)   #53
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Good news! Pescarolo and OAK Racing will cooperate to develop the P01 chassis for 2010 season!
Not sure this is good news!, cooperations often slow down development, and also bring down the quality, because there is more persons to answer to!
Quote:
So, Pescarolo Sport is trying to organize a program for the next season (probably with a 2009 P01).I hope Henri can find many funds, and may race two cars instead of one.
Pescarolo Sport has produced a very good P1, so they will have the chance to improve it, now.
The reason they only raced 1 car last year, was because of the 908 at Le Mans, which costed them a lot of time and effort, which otherwise would have been used at a 2nd car.
This year they probably wont get the 908.
Quote:
I hope to see Pescarolo Sport on the starting grid in Le Mans 24 Hours, and LMS or Intercontinentcal Le Mans Cup, next year.
Finally, a good new!
As you mention earlier, Pescarolo is in search for funding, so im not sure they'll race the "Intercontinental Le Mans Cup", as it demands massive amounts of resources to travel to other continents to race! (there is a reason we never seen Pescarolo at Sebring and PLM)
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2596739)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not sure this is good news!, cooperations often slow down development, and also bring down the quality, because there is more persons to answer to!
Development ..... I wouldnt think that there is too much development left in that thing , until 2010 basically .
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2596743)   #55
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It is not impossible that the R15 is done already.....
Perhaps the wrong thread now... but it is indeed true that the old R15 will not be seen racing again. The new car will also be R15... but...
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2596746)   #56
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
To get back on topic, here is a bit on OAK taking over, some difference bits than the Endurance Info piece.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ng-takes-over/
Old 9 Dec 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2596815)   #57
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

The reason they only raced 1 car last year, was because of the 908 at Le Mans, which costed them a lot of time and effort, which otherwise would have been used at a 2nd car.
This year they probably wont get the 908.

As you mention earlier, Pescarolo is in search for funding, so im not sure they'll race the "Intercontinental Le Mans Cup", as it demands massive amounts of resources to travel to other continents to race! (there is a reason we never seen Pescarolo at Sebring and PLM)

It should be worst to miss Pescarolo Sport or to accept a cooperation with OAK Racing? I think the second option would be better.
In Le Mans Pescarolo was with a P01 and a 908, while they were with 2 cars (P01) in the first part of LMS. Then, they've been forced to retire one car due to economical troubles. So, next year Pescarolo might find the funds for a LMS program. I hope for this, I want to believe.
So we have to wait next weeks to know something more. Let's hope...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 9 Dec 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2596855)   #58
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would appear that Oak Racing (J Nicolet) is buying the assets (I presume) of the Pesca business. Given that Sora must own those assets, I am not sure if it is positive.

If Oak Racing are simply buying an exclusive license on making the P01 etc, then where does it leave Sora?

I don't think it is positive as I seem to remember that Nicolet and Pescarolo parted ways last year and then the Sora deal emerged.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2596931)   #59
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
I don't think it is positive as I seem to remember that Nicolet and Pescarolo parted ways last year and then the Sora deal emerged.
Well pointed! Some of the Pescarolo problems are a direct result of Nicolet pulling back towards the Mazda France support and leaving Pesca alone in the so called Pescarolo Automobiles.

Seems to me that this is the disintegration of Pescarolo. What will forbid OAK Racing to with Pescarolo what Oreca made with Courage? Nothing i guess...
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2596986)   #60
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pragmatic view here is that this might be a Courage / Oreca like situation and see a slow migration into something less Pescarolo and more Oak, but given that the basic design is unquestionably one of the most competitive out there, and there was the possibility that we wouldn't have seen any of them running in 2010, I'd rather see them with whatever labelling than see them mothballed and disappear like so many other initiatives (EE anyone?).
Old 10 Dec 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2597088)   #61
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy. What's important to me is that this great chassis will keep on evolving. They even have budget to take the car to the windtunnel for a second year in a row; and we saw how good the results were after one year. That means they are working towards the 2011 LMP rules and are hoping to be a factor this year. The Pescarolo technical team, especially Claude Gallopin who was the #1 Pescarolo technical man, will most probably be involved. In fact, re-reading an Endurance-Info interview just after Okayama, they already said they wanted to use the 3rd chassis for development between the races.

They don't seem to have LMP1 plans, but that development would help Henri run his LMP1(s) even more competitively. SORA probably never wanted to race the cars and might or might not retain them. The only part of the puzzle left is how Henri's planning on going racing next year (with what money and what equipment), and whether he could keep his all-star driving line-up.

Oh and on the SpeedTV link, there's a comment saying De Ferran is getting a Pesca chassis... until proven otherwise, it's just a pipe dream... but it would be GREAT!
Old 8 Jan 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2609976)   #62
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
END for Pescarolo-Sport, no doubt anymore in my mind: Jean-Christophe Boullion who leaves the team for the Lola Judd of swiss Rebellion Motorsport is an obvious sign...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2610039)   #63
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news if that is the case, all the best to the team.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2610147)   #64
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
END for Pescarolo-Sport, no doubt anymore in my mind: Jean-Christophe Boullion who leaves the team for the Lola Judd of swiss Rebellion Motorsport is an obvious sign...
Lola-Rebellion
Old 8 Jan 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2610189)   #65
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Lola-Rebellion
Quartz? Sapphire??
Old 8 Jan 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2610253)   #66
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its not cast in stone that Bouillion has to drive for Henri ..... but the news seems dim indeed .
Old 9 Jan 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2610459)   #67
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's wait and see, im not sure Henri Pescarolo is done with Le Mans!, he knows he can make fast enough cars to win, so why should he quit all together, "just" because he lacks money?.
a 2011 rebirth is possible in my mind.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2610967)   #68
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo Sport would of closed its doors had support not arrived from PS2/GT4... So its dogged bullets before. Although, the situation now is a different from budget issues in '05, money is and always was the factor. Pescarolo need to align themselves wih a major coporate heavy weight in the Automotive industry. That would be the plan but it aint that simple.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2623149)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

New Pescarolo proto being unveiled on the 4th of Feb at and ACO press conferance , 11am , along with the selected teams for this years 24 hours too .

This has gotta be one of the best kept secrets in recent motorsports history !!!

Im happy for him .
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2623208)   #70
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Before we break out the champagne about this are we sure this is a Pescarolo LMP rather than the Le Mans 'school' car that's been talked about before.

Goes without saying that I'm hoping for the former (which would be a very well kept secret indeed) but would the ACO really allow this level of Pescarolo Sport linkage with the release of the entry list if it was effectively a team's car launch?
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2623218)   #71
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is the school car - explicitly stated in the Press Conference Invitation
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2623227)   #72
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Thanks Graham - makes more sense even if I suspect it's not the news many might have been hoping for...
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2623258)   #73
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That school pescarolo is just a school car for LMP drivers or they are making it as competence for the Oreca´s FLM in the challenge?
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2623277)   #74
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was another Formula Le Mans chassis to use.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2623285)   #75
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it is specifically build for the ACO Driving School.