Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Jun 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3088514)   #626
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they will proably get sponsorship from the Germans. Maybe even DHL again? There are numerous German companies that would be willing to sponsor Porsche for sure.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3088528)   #627
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Yeah, agree. Surely they can keep the livery, but without the actual wording?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3088535)   #628
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I imagine they will have the majority of their 9 'factory' drivers in on the LMP1 project.
Except for Bergmeister. He's 194 cm tall, so is too much for an LMP1. For this reason he was not allowed to be in the RS Spyder program.
Sadness...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 10 Jun 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3088539)   #629
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wurz is almost 1.90m tall and drives coupè lmp1 from years, thenvery probably the 2014 prototypes will be less wide and a bit taller than the actual ones, so if bergmeister won't be included in the lmp1 program, it won't be for the height but i think for the lack of experience in a lmp1. The same can be said for lieb and some other. Surely luhr can be a good spot! a line up like bernhard/dumas/luhr will be amazing.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3088568)   #630
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can count on Lieb being included.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3088570)   #631
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
wurz is almost 1.90m tall and drives coupè lmp1 from years, thenvery probably the 2014 prototypes will be less wide and a bit taller than the actual ones, so if bergmeister won't be included in the lmp1 program, it won't be for the height but i think for the lack of experience in a lmp1. The same can be said for lieb and some other. Surely luhr can be a good spot! a line up like bernhard/dumas/luhr will be amazing.
Wurz is 186 cm, 8 cm less than Bergmeister. It was the same Berg to tell in an old interview, how he was excluded by LMP2 program due his tall. Bergmeister, Lieb, Lietz and all the others Porsche factory drivers, have been trained in the Porsche Academy, were drivers are trained to drive any car Porsche produces to race in any series the manufacturer is involved. So, Porsche drivers are trained to drive any car from GT to LMPs (source Autosprint, an article about Porsche Academy).
Ok, Berg has not a real racing experience in LMP, but I think he may learn fast, at the same way of Lieb and Lietz. They are first class drivers, they have racing in the blood.
Bernhard, Dumas and Luhr have been trained in the same structure were Berg, Lieb, Lietz, Maassen and co. were trained.
Porsche invests very much in its drivers, and results speak for themselves. No other manufacturers do things in this way.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3088589)   #632
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeorg Bermeister was absolute dynamite in the Krohn racing Ford Riley DP days. He's knows how to drive things other than Porsche GT cars...He practically drove his way into the Porsche Factory lineup that year that he won the Grand-Am championship. I have rarely ever seen somone drive the way Bergmeister did that year. He was just too good.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3088616)   #633
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if porsche forms a sort of junior team like actually is the audi sport north america maybe can be inserted drivers like lieb and bergmeister, to let them run but without great expectation at least for the first year! but is useless to say that if porsche wants to be soon competitive need expert lmp drivers in the main line-ups.
About wurz height, some source tell 6'1'' and some other 6'3''.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3088749)   #634
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Have I made this up, or was Patrick Huisman ruled out of the Porsche GT1 squad in the late '90s because he was too tall for the 911 GT1-98?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 05:48 (Ref:3088815)   #635
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
if porsche forms a sort of junior team like actually is the audi sport north america maybe can be inserted drivers like lieb and bergmeister, to let them run but without great expectation at least for the first year! but is useless to say that if porsche wants to be soon competitive need expert lmp drivers in the main line-ups.
About wurz height, some source tell 6'1'' and some other 6'3''.
Marc Lieb is not just a factory driver. He is also a Porsche motorsport engineer, and his position within a team is being developed along the lines of the one that Norbert Singer had.
He will obviously be deeply envolved in the development work for the LMP car, and it will only be to Porsche's benefit to have a driver/engineer in the team.

Bergmeister is 194 cm. (6'4")

Last edited by Spyderman; 11 Jun 2012 at 05:59.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3088920)   #636
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
=> http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=590

Anyone remember the source for this?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3088925)   #637
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Have I made this up, or was Patrick Huisman ruled out of the Porsche GT1 squad in the late '90s because he was too tall for the 911 GT1-98?
If I'm not wrong, you're right!
Old 11 Jun 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3088974)   #638
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
At first I was quite sure that he has just testing parts, but given what we just learned from our friendly and gracious Falken PR person, I'm no longer sure that it is'nt connected to the 991 RSR.
One of the duties of a Porsche Factory driver is to do tests for Porsche on a regular basis. Although we don't know what he was testing, it's completely normal for tests like these to take place. These drivers work for Porsche, and therefore go wherever Porsche would like to use their expertise. (More on that in the upcoming Falken blog that will be posted today)

One thing to keep in mind about the new Porsche 911 GT3 RSR is that no matter what changes and modifications are made, they have to stay inside the guidelines established by IMSA, the ACO and FIA. This is why the RSR's were given the modified wing and the new front splitter at Mazda Raceway last month. Porsche felt they were at a disadvantage with the current restrictions and petitioned the powers that be to allow them to make these two changes to help level the playing field. It was only once these are approved and the rules are modified that the manufacturers are able to make such big adjustments.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3088983)   #639
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
One thing to keep in mind about the new Porsche 911 GT3 RSR is that no matter what changes and modifications are made, they have to stay inside the guidelines established by IMSA, the ACO and FIA. This is why the RSR's were given the modified wing and the new front splitter at Mazda Raceway last month. Porsche felt they were at a disadvantage with the current restrictions and petitioned the powers that be to allow them to make these two changes to help level the playing field. It was only once these are approved and the rules are modified that the manufacturers are able to make such big adjustments.
One would think, though, that the manufacturers develop and test these new parts before petitioning the powers that be to approve them, right?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3089001)   #640
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
=> http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=590

Anyone remember the source for this?

Here you go.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/m...3-4419263.html
Old 11 Jun 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3089009)   #641
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
One of the duties of a Porsche Factory driver is to do tests for Porsche on a regular basis. Although we don't know what he was testing, it's completely normal for tests like these to take place. These drivers work for Porsche, and therefore go wherever Porsche would like to use their expertise. (More on that in the upcoming Falken blog that will be posted today)

Indeed. No argument from me. Just curious why one would tweet about everyday run-of-the-mill-testing of parts (and as you say they need to be aproved first). Also "future Porsche racing products" (I think the quote is correct) does add a little fuel to the fire. No?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3089014)   #642
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
thanks.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3089082)   #643
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed. No argument from me. Just curious why one would tweet about everyday run-of-the-mill-testing of parts (and as you say they need to be aproved first). Also "future Porsche racing products" (I think the quote is correct) does add a little fuel to the fire. No?
Not to say anything about Porsche is run-of-the-mill, naturally, a test is about some kind of future racing. To the extent is unknown. We've all seen drivers tweet about way less. (As this is written, one just tweeted about cleaning his office). If our Wolf Henzler had a twitter, he'd most likely only tweet about what he eats--lol. During this "Le Mans" break, drivers and teams, including ours, realize the importance of keeping interactive with the public as to not lose any momentum. A little hint about a manufacturer test is bound to keep the public abuzz, no matter what the level of significance the test. It sure got our attention!

Well, the Falken Team is off to Mid Ohio for two days of testing starting tomorrow! Be sure to visit our twitter (@FalkenALMS) Wednesday evening to see the release how it went! Want to make sure we don't get flagged for spam by posting too many links here.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3089085)   #644
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
One would think, though, that the manufacturers develop and test these new parts before petitioning the powers that be to approve them, right?
Definitely. As to how much is done before vs. after rule changes, I'm currently getting you an official answer from Porsche Motorsports North America
Old 11 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3089174)   #645
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Three cheers for Falken ALMS!

You go out of your way to help us fans and for that I salute you. When is the team going to have some t-shirts available? I went on the site and was unable to find anything.

Good luck testing.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3089204)   #646
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry about the t-shirt question. I got the answer I was looking for from your post. I guess I didn't look hard enough on the ALMS site.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3089247)   #647
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Sorry about the t-shirt question. I got the answer I was looking for from your post. I guess I didn't look hard enough on the ALMS site.
No worries! If anyone else is looking for a link, here you go! http://bit.ly/IeKxRA
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3089564)   #648
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wow ..... the height of fashion with your new Project Libra T-shirt , probably go farther than the car ..... or God forbid an Abruzzi one with your batman rubber gizmo on yer head !!!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3089583)   #649
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
@FalkenALMS - Have you posted a link to your blog? I seem to have missed it if you have.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3090124)   #650
porman
Veteran

Quote:
@FalkenALMS - Have you posted a link to your blog? I seem to have missed it if you have.

http://bit.ly/KPGlJd