Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3375716)   #3026
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_GT6262 View Post
How soon can see hybrids in GTE or GT3?
That's when the GT regs will tentatively merge and revise in 2017.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3375805)   #3027
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
That's when the GT regs will tentatively merge and revise in 2017.
Hopefully that is 2016, but you never know for sure till the day gets here.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3390574)   #3028
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first drawings of the new HPD P2 are out:
http://racer.com/imsa/item/102592-ne...2-car-unveiled

quite the looker if you ask me!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3390577)   #3029
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Hybrids in GTE is just one big can of worms...
However, hybrids in the new GT+ class for 2016 might not be, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The first drawings of the new HPD P2 are out:
http://racer.com/imsa/item/102592-ne...2-car-unveiled

If only Highcroft Racing was still about to pick up this car. The good days...
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3390578)   #3030
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Indeed!!!

Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3390581)   #3031
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I like it a lot, there's something CN-eqsue about it with the front end making the wheels look smaller. I'm not sure all those smooth lines will survive the wind tunnel though!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3390585)   #3032
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Shot from the back:

(source: Sportscar365.com)

Squarish but nice
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3390588)   #3033
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Is it significant that it is branded 'Honda Racing' and not just 'HPD'
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3390596)   #3034
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Is it significant that it is branded 'Honda Racing' and not just 'HPD'
Nah, Pickett's car had the same logo last year.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3390602)   #3035
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am not sure about the look of this a bit to angular like the current LMP1 cars
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3390604)   #3036
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am not sure about the look of this a bit to angular like the current LMP1 cars
This car is supposed to be the Honda LMP1 by "Wirth research"… I think
Old 9 Apr 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3390606)   #3037
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'm not sure all those smooth lines will survive the wind tunnel though!
I was thinking the same thing about the swept looking front windscreen.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3390617)   #3038
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That front nosecone looks huge with its 'nostrils' for brake cooling I assume, but the rest of the car looks good.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3390652)   #3039
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about the swept looking front windscreen.
Don't forget that this is a Wirth car so it will never see a windtunnel.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3390660)   #3040
Fosca
Rookie

France
Strasbourg
Fosca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice car indeed. Just wondering whether the absence of mirrors is on purpose...
Future will tell.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3390756)   #3041
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosca View Post
Nice car indeed. Just wondering whether the absence of mirrors is on purpose...
Future will tell.
Come to think of it, I wonder if the FIA, ACO, and IMSA will allow side cameras as replacement for side mirrors?
Old 10 Apr 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3390818)   #3042
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The side pods and rear of the car look a little underdeveloped. But I suppose it's only a CAD model.

I'm not sure I'd put money down on a car that looks as primitive as this one on the sides and rear.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3390922)   #3043
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Considering what Mr. Wirth has created in the past, I am pretty sure I'd trust this one. Not so sure about the motor, but the chassis will probably be as good as or better than the rest.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 00:42 (Ref:3390936)   #3044
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
The side pods and rear of the car look a little underdeveloped. But I suppose it's only a CAD model.

I'm not sure I'd put money down on a car that looks as primitive as this one on the sides and rear.

Interesting post.

That reminds me of the Pescarolo 03 and how the bodywork surrounding the number plate was very, very flat and dull.

Old 12 Apr 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3391525)   #3045
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The way the windscreen meets the front bodywork is very interesting and reminds me of the first Peugeot 908 prototype:
Old 12 Apr 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3391544)   #3046
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Does having a windscreen like that distort the drivers view a bit? I seem to remember hearing that certain shapes are difficult to view from.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3392960)   #3047
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a tangent from the P2 car, but some news that de Ferran has had his role expanded at HPD
Old 11 Jul 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3432658)   #3048
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what is HPD's endgame with this DP powerplant? Are they really just content to stick a TT V6 in the back of a Riley DP? Is NSX bodywork on the horizon? If Honda put their weight behind their P2 car, IMSA could be forced to make real changes to the BOP. Another 2 starworks P2's would be nice for next year.

Since we have 2 ESM's, 1-2 Andretti Autosport.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3432813)   #3049
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
So what is HPD's endgame with this DP powerplant? Are they really just content to stick a TT V6 in the back of a Riley DP? Is NSX bodywork on the horizon? If Honda put their weight behind their P2 car, IMSA could be forced to make real changes to the BOP. Another 2 starworks P2's would be nice for next year.

Since we have 2 ESM's, 1-2 Andretti Autosport.
Good question. If I recall the DP version of the engine is slightly larger in displacement than the P2 version. That being said, I think the new coupe for next year will use the current P2 engine, which leads me to believe there is little HPD involvement in the DP project. Has this info been clarified anywhere?
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3432823)   #3050
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was some news on DSC that I saw yesterday which sparked my question (http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=36146). It seems the DP Honda engine programme is HPD supported.

Their P2 motor is the 2.8 liter and the DP one is a 3.5liter.

It's one thing for Porsche and Audi to compete in P1. It's something entirely different for HPD to develop this all new P2 coupe, and then go on to support a DP programme which is in direct competition with their own halo racecar.

However to develop and NSX bodied DP to compete with the ARX-03b would be even more silly. So that begs the question. Who called for this program?