Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Nov 2007, 05:21 (Ref:2075526)   #51
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice

also why would the tub for the porsche not be bespoke for the porsche V8?, are porsche possibly going to experiment with other engines or possibly sell rolling chassis like lola?
Because they do not want it. I asked the same to their Press-officer and he denied that there are any chances that the Motor-chassis combination could be seperated - even for customers.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 14:30 (Ref:2075817)   #52
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
Because they do not want it. I asked the same to their Press-officer and he denied that there are any chances that the Motor-chassis combination could be seperated - even for customers.
i see, but looking back in hindsight maybe porsche did make the chassis completely 100% bespoke for the V8 engine just to give them room to improve the V8 engine and maybe as well it would be easier to use the chassis for an LMP1 car but that wont happen anytime soon.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2075835)   #53
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by class4v
but here the prob was mainly different views on intercooler design and not internal airflow.
I'd like to hear more about that too. I've looked into intercooler designs a bit and there's quite a lot of different ways to skin that cat and they all often still seem to be successful. Some wide, some tall, some deep...!
Old 26 Nov 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2075898)   #54
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But the Acura is N/A so it has none of those problems.

L.P.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 14:37 (Ref:2087993)   #55
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Drivers lineup of Highcroft like to changes.
Quote:
  • Scott Sharp to Highcroft - Autosport print ed. (says replacing Johansson...)
  • Brabham not @ Highcroft for 2008 ALMS?
source: http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/
Old 13 Dec 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2088031)   #56
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I saw that as well and if it's true, I'm very disappointed. I've never liked Sharp that much either. Bummer.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 18:06 (Ref:2088118)   #57
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
  • Scott Sharp to Highcroft - Autosport print ed. (says replacing Johansson...)
  • Brabham not @ Highcroft for 2008 ALMS?
Brabs was rather nonplused before becoming circumspect in the way that he answered the questions that Hindy put forth. It gave me the feeling that almost as if he was obfuscating, like it might be something happening internal at Highcroft like a second car with a different name on it (Patron?) ? That would make him not in the "Highcroft Acura" but in a different one. Maybe Sharpe is replacing Stefan as Brabs team mate because Brabs will be in the Patron car! All silly wild burro speculation on my part!

Old 13 Dec 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2088144)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Brabs was rather nonplused before becoming circumspect in the way that he answered the questions that Hindy put forth. It gave me the feeling that almost as if he was obfuscating, like it might be something happening internal at Highcroft like a second car with a different name on it (Patron?) ? That would make him not in the "Highcroft Acura" but in a different one. Maybe Sharpe is replacing Stefan as Brabs team mate because Brabs will be in the Patron car! All silly wild burro speculation on my part!

Interesting thought as I was also wondering how Patron would fit into this deal. My first thought is that there would not be a second Highcroft Acura and that Patron brought the money to Highcroft and demanded the new driver line up.

Oh, and for those of us from the South:
- nonplused: A state of perplexity, confusion, or bewilderment.
- circumspect: watchful and discreet; cautious; prudent
- obfuscating: to make obscure or unclear

Old 20 Dec 2007, 07:18 (Ref:2092468)   #59
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
EI has an interview with Robert Clarke: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4628
Old 20 Dec 2007, 08:00 (Ref:2092475)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
EI has an interview with Robert Clarke: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4628
Great shame they won't race at Le Mans in 2008!

But, it sounds very positive for P1 in 2009. And the engine, "a derivative of our P2 engine?".
Old 20 Dec 2007, 08:22 (Ref:2092484)   #61
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
And the engine, "a derivative of our P2 engine?".
+ 2 turbos
Old 20 Dec 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2092487)   #62
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
+ 2 turbos
That was also my interpretation. Is it easy enough to increase the capacity of the P2 engine to 4,000cc?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 09:15 (Ref:2092509)   #63
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
For Zytek this was not a big problem, but their LMP1 engine is still NA.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 10:36 (Ref:2092540)   #64
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Great shame they won't race at Le Mans in 2008!
Indeed, I wonder what Adrián Fernández will do however, he was pretty happy with this year's experience...maybe rent-a-Zytek again?????
Old 20 Dec 2007, 17:52 (Ref:2092856)   #65
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deosn't Acura hope to race their own car at Le Mans in '08?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:18 (Ref:2092871)   #66
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Deosn't Acura hope to race their own car at Le Mans in '08?

RIF

They have no P1 car of their own to race.

aside... it would appear to me, as though they are not fully committed to being in the ALMS in 09', unless certain plans for growth are put into play.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 20 Dec 2007 at 18:21.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2092879)   #67
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol

I thought part of the reason why Adrian raced at Le Mans this year was to lay the ground work for '08?
Old 21 Dec 2007, 04:43 (Ref:2093138)   #68
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
lol

I thought part of the reason why Adrian raced at Le Mans this year was to lay the ground work for '08?
Indeed, and he was very clear on that point.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 04:49 (Ref:2093140)   #69
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Clarke said that there would be no Acuras at Le Mans in 2008, so maybe Adrian will get another, "rent-a-Zytek."
Old 22 Jan 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2111215)   #70
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
First pictures of Acura ARX-01b: http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=267

Strange rear wing.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2111232)   #71
Option1
Rookie

Australia
Ottawa, Canada
Option1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that I'm aerodynamically ignorant, what do you find strange about it? Although it does look like the bottom of the end plates look cutout for an entirely different body. Am I on the right track?

Neil
Old 22 Jan 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2111338)   #72
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I cant fathom why the top rear of the endplates are scolloped out ..... anyone ?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2111394)   #73
simontemplar09
Rookie

United States
United States
simontemplar09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it have a similar affect as the BMW?

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/bmwlmrwing.html
Old 22 Jan 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2111406)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose it would , but why ? It looks like it will loose downforce , with the aero slipping off the side .

Peter Ellary ..... where are you for this question mate ?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2111434)   #75
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone looked at an F1 car lately!