Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2884875)   #1
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Regs... [Warning: rant alert]

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Ok, I'm done...

It's been an interesting experiment, but can we please recover some common sense... This is all getting a bit silly and artificial, surely...?

The ridiculous instance of Fernando Alonso leading the Spanish Grand Prix, driving a magnificent race, only to be lapped because the performance of his last set of tyres fell off a cliff, was officially the last straw for me...

I will acknowledge that there have been some cracking races this season, notably China and Turkey - however that is two out of the five rounds, or 40 per cent... I would argue that, on average, 40 per cent of F1 races throughout recent history have been particularly good races anyway...

The FIA is over-complicating things... There is DRS, there are these new tyres, and some people have to start on one tyre, while others start on different ones, qualifying is boring, drivers are punished by their tyres for no apparent reason, races are a mess with people pitting all over the place, there are far too many pit stops - if I wanted to watch pit stops I would go down to my local service station and pull up a chair for 90 minutes on a Sunday night, passes are too easy, not easy enough, good drives are going unrewarded, and drives - like Webber's in China - are being made to look better than they are because they/he bombed in qualifying and had better tyres as a result...

As far as I can see, the sport has single-handedly managed to confuse the absolute bejeezus out of the casual viewer, and disillusion the enthusiast (like me) all at the same time...

It seems that this over-complication is needless, when it seems that a simplification (and strict adherence to that simplification) of the rules would produce the best quality racing - go and watch a junior formulae race for further information... Keep It Simple Stupids...

I'll keep watching, but if my girlfriend tells me she would rather watch The Real Housewives of OC next Sunday night, I won't be putting up the same fight I did last Sunday night...

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
Old 24 May 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2884877)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Okay thank you for that..
Closed Thread