Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2909340)   #251
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey could we all be forgetting about the Wirth Research project? is has that been abandoned
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2909343)   #252
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Hey could we all be forgetting about the Wirth Research project? is has that been abandoned
It's still on their hard drivers I'm sure. It's just waiting for Honda's (or whoever) money.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2909345)   #253
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It's still on their hard drivers I'm sure. It's just waiting for Honda's (or whoever) money.
Thats good to hear.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2909349)   #254
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could the small company be Mini?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2909367)   #255
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could the small company be Mini?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2909375)   #256
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quotes from Eric boullier
Quote:
"The future is very clear and bright," Boullier insisted to BBC Radio Oxford.

"We have solid sponsors, we have solid owners with a good financial background, we have some good plans."

The future is very clear........Lemans perhaps?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2909381)   #257
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd assume he is talking about F1, but I don't follow F1 that much these days so I don't know. A Lotus-Renault Le Mans hook up would be interesting, but who knows. That would be wild and pure speculation at best. Anyway, I don't know if both Renault and Nissan would go to LMP1. I would think not. If one if them did go in, which badge would it be? Renault? Nissan? Infiniti? Lada? Dacia? Ok, probably not the last two!
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2909384)   #258
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'd assume he is talking about F1, but I don't follow F1 that much these days so I don't know. A Lotus-Renault Le Mans hook up would be interesting, but who knows. That would be wild and pure speculation at best. Anyway, I don't know if both Renault and Nissan would go to LMP1. I would think not. If one if them did go in, which badge would it be? Renault? Nissan? Infiniti? Lada? Dacia? Ok, probably not the last two!
Oh yeah i forgot about nissan already being there. i only say this because the Renault F1 Team reportedly attended Last years Manufactureres tecnical meeting after Lemans.....I can only assume they attended this year as wel...
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2909388)   #259
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
IMO the big one could only be BMW, they will not enter F1 in 2014 so... Sportscar is the way for them, i repeat that is just my opinion...
Definetely not, BMW quitted F1 because their new motorsports agenda is to concentrate on cheaper, more production-based racing like touring cars and GTs.

Le Mans Prototypes are neither production based nor much cheaper than racing in F1 so sadly I´m rather sure we won't see BMW in the LMP ranks in the next decade or so.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2909398)   #260
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Autosport article mentioned the P1 Toyota was developed by Dome, Endurance Sportscar say it's being developed in Cologne.

When it comes to the P1 ORECA-Nissan, the question is whether ORECA will run a factory team on Nissan's behalf, or will it be a customer program.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2909405)   #261
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
When it comes to the P1 ORECA-Nissan, the question is whether ORECA will run a factory team on Nissan's behalf, or will it be a customer program.
I'm starting to think it will be customer driven but maybe step 2 of a 3-step programme towards a full-blown return. It's just good to see them move into P1.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2909408)   #262
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm starting to think it will be customer driven but maybe step 2 of a 3-step programme towards a full-blown return. It's just good to see them move into P1.
I think you're right about it probably be customer driven or maybe semi-customer driven (perhaps something like their Signatech program in LMP2). The flip side is that maybe we'll see the Nissan LMP1 before 2014 whereas we'll have to wait for everyone else until 2014. Of course, it very well may not be the Peugeot/Audi combatant that we are looking for.

Daman and Hindy are speculating that there may not be Porsche GTE cars in the future, but I can't see that happening.

They are also saying that LMS races will not have LMP1s, will have Porsche and Ferrari Challenge cars, no GT3 cars, and 4 hr races.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2909417)   #263
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They are also saying that LMS races will not have LMP1s, will have Porsche and Ferrari Challenge cars, no GT3 cars, and 4 hr races.
I like the piece about the Cup-cars from Porsche and Ferrari, could be a test baloon for ALMS GTC and perhaps even a good starting point for national GT-racing after the eventual implosion of GT3...

I just hope that they'll abandon the split of GTE for LMS then, perhaps by going all "AM", since otherwise there'd be quite a lot of classes.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2909438)   #264
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A turn-key customer car, new ORECA chassis, and proven Nissan engine, should be competitive.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2909446)   #265
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I just hope that they'll abandon the split of GTE for LMS then, perhaps by going all "AM", since otherwise there'd be quite a lot of classes.
I don't know, there may be some current LMS Pro teams who don't want to do the WEC. Who knows. Felbermayr's Pro car and JMW comes to mind. They aren't in the ILMC, but maybe they will be in the WEC. We'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
A turn-key customer car, new ORECA chassis, and proven Nissan engine, should be competitive.
It should be competitive, but Audi and Peugeot fast? That could be tough. We'll see though. When can we expect this on track? Will it be a hybrid?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2909452)   #266
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well a P2 Oreca-Nissan is currently running with P1 Pugs and Audis in the wet at Imola
Old 1 Jul 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2909510)   #267
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The small one i think will be Wirth Research.
The big one (other than Toyota), must be - Hyundai! .
No Renault/Nissan seems to be a good bet.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2909513)   #268
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I´ve never understood why Renault isn't there yet, battling with Peugeot would be the ultimate PR in France for sure.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2909545)   #269
JAG
Veteran

England
Renault has a strong association with F1 and rallying, Nissan have a stronger heritage in sportscars.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2909549)   #270
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what happened to the idea of including CN/VdeV-cars in LMS next year?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2909573)   #271
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Definetely not, BMW quitted F1 because their new motorsports agenda is to concentrate on cheaper, more production-based racing like touring cars and GTs.

Le Mans Prototypes are neither production based nor much cheaper than racing in F1 so sadly I´m rather sure we won't see BMW in the LMP ranks in the next decade or so.
much cheaper than it cost to be competitive in F1. Take Ferraris annual budget(200million)(and Red Bull reportedly spends 60million more than that) and compare that to the 50-70million that Audi and Peugeot Spend. Thats at least 1/3 of a competitive F1 project. And 50-70million to build the car etc.....And you don't have to build a new car every year...Its seems really affordable. And alot better for marketing new technologies.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2909706)   #272
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So we have confirmation of Porsche, semi confirmation of Toyota, Nissan/Renault, and possibly BMW? When's Mercedes coming back? 98/99 reunion.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 04:14 (Ref:2909722)   #273
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So we have confirmation of Porsche, semi confirmation of Toyota, Nissan/Renault, and possibly BMW? When's Mercedes coming back? 98/99 reunion.
I don't know if I would say semi-confirmation. At best we have a strong rumor of Toyota and that's it. They look serious, but they've looked serious before and did not join so I don't think we can count on that yet. Nissan's program could simply be a customer program if it does happen. If that is the case, it would not really be anything more than what Toyota has with Rebellion. We'll see, there could be a lot of things happening, but maybe not. Some companies may see Porsche's arrival as being a welcomed challenge, but others may get cold feet at the tall order of trying to beat Porsche and the existing titans.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 06:10 (Ref:2909729)   #274
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yeah I doubt that. No car company is afraid of a challenge. Everything is beatable! I'd think Toyota is readying a challenge, and is just taking it's time getting things right. I really hope so. And I hope Nissan's P1 ambitions are serious.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2909736)   #275
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
In addition..The fact that Porsche, a much smalller company than Toyota feels that the economic climate is good enough just supports the fact that Toyota(with loads more money than Porsche) is ready to come back as well.