Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3209619)   #51
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We (Ten-Tenths Forum) has always heard hints of a LMP1 program before the announcement (see Toyota and more or less Porsche), and there just haven't been anything indicating a Nissan LMP1.
I find a Renault much more likely.
Maybe Nissan can keep a secret better

Whatever this is, they're already getting decent publicity out of it. Just out of pure speculationa and anticipation, the word "Nissan" has probably become one of the most common words on this thread in the past few pages. They're keeping us guessing for a reason.

I don't think it will be P1 either but I'd be surprised if it's not WEC related. Nissan won't keep Hindhaugh and co. awake the night before MWM for nothing. Maybe a factory GT-R and an LMP2 chassis, or P1 engine perhaps?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3209630)   #52
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
2014 Renault F1 engine rebadge?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3209633)   #53
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA WEC twitter feed (which has been much more active lately) has always retweeted ome of the Nissan tweets so I fully expect it to be WEC related.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3209645)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
See quoted tweet above, by Mal. I did make the assumption they were invited but they are clearly welcome to discussing it live and have been told it is relevant to them.
Sorry Ginger just seen that now. No denying it's sportscar-related then.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3209646)   #55
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Maybe Nissan can keep a secret better
Or it's maybe something that's just been decided?

Is a P2 chassis big enough for this supposedly big announcement and how would that fit in with the non manufacturer-based rules? Unless it's badged a NISMO maybe?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3209655)   #56
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe they'll recall all their GT Academy guys (e.g. Lucas Ordonez) for the factory LMP1 program.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3209658)   #57
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it's not ACO related they have certainly over played this... Free advertising I guess.
Fingers crossed it is news worthy, I'm starting to wonder if it is related to the 3 Deltawing coupes being built?
They've done a good job keeping quiet as we truly have no clue, usually we can sniff new programs out.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3209660)   #58
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever happened to talk of a Voiturette class? Say 500kg with a small turbo charged engine?

It's obviously Sportscar related, but maybe not what we're expecting......
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3209661)   #59
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
What ever happened to talk of a Voiturette class? Say 500kg with a small turbo charged engine?
Apart from in Hindy's head I don't think it was ever mooted?

The real key for me about this announcement is that involves the WEC and Le Mans. If Nissan are stepping up further in some form then it's great.

If I was RLM would I get out of bed to cover a GTR GTE conversion? Possibly. I certainly would to ring in a new P1 manufacturer.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3209663)   #60
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Is a P2 chassis big enough for this supposedly big announcement and how would that fit in with the non manufacturer-based rules? Unless it's badged a NISMO maybe?
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but again, Ghosn is holding this presentation.

He's the CEO of Renault, top brass. They wouldn't bring him out to announce some P2 customer project or something like that, it doesn't add up.

To me there's really just two announcement big enough to warrant this kind of stuff:

LMP1 or DTM
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3209664)   #61
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
2014 Renault F1 engine rebadge?
ThatĀ“s my opinion to, since the 2014 F1 engines will be allow the renault V6 engine is a good choise for them.

LetĀ“s see...
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3209668)   #62
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Juke-R WRC? Infiniti Red Bull Delta Wing F1 car for 2014? ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
From that aspect I like both GTE and GT3 better, as they are closer to a production car.
It depends. Some GT3 have next to nothing in common with the production counterpart. Not sure about the Nismo GT-R.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3209670)   #63
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only thing the GT3 GTR is lacking is the AWD system, it uses the same TT V6 as the road car.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3209677)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think it's mainly about road cars (NISMO performance editions) and motorsport is just a side show. Probably the motorsport part is about their plans for 2013 (SuperGT, GT3, etcetera).
Old 23 Feb 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3209693)   #65
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
ThatĀ“s my opinion to, since the 2014 F1 engines will be allow the renault V6 engine is a good choise for them.

LetĀ“s see...
I doubt that this is in any way related to F1. Renault would not want to dilute their image in F1 by allowing an in-house-Nissan-re-badged Renault engine to come into the game. This MUST be related to some sportscar involvement, whether P1, P2 or GTE.

My best guess is a P2 chassis (plus engine) program, similar to what Adess/Kodewa/Lotus are contemplating with their Lotus T128 LMP2 program, with a plan to enter the P1 class in the short or mid-term. What else could this be ? A DeltaWing lookalike or replicate ? There is no place for such a thing in the context of the current or future 2014 rules. WTCC or WRC ? Who cares ? DTM-Super GT ? Maybe...
Old 23 Feb 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3209695)   #66
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
I doubt that this is in any way related to F1. Renault would not want to dilute their image in F1 by allowing an in-house-Nissan-re-badged Renault engine to come into the game. This MUST be related to some sportscar involvement, whether P1, P2 or GTE.
You mean like the Infinity Engines in the Red Bull F1's?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3209696)   #67
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I think it's mainly about road cars (NISMO performance editions) and motorsport is just a side show. Probably the motorsport part is about their plans for 2013 (SuperGT, GT3, etcetera).
But in the PR material that you yourself posted the top-line announcement was their motorsport plans. Nissan have stated they are going in a new direction here so I don't see how it can be a 'business as usual' announcement.

Radio Le Mans aren't getting up in the middle of the night for a bit of road car news. The NISMO brand piece is one thing put there's surely a big motorsport story to bring it all together. That's how you integrate road/racing relevance and the performance aspect.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3209702)   #68
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Dome-Nissan partnership, for customer cars?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3209703)   #69
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Dome-Nissan partnership, for customer cars?
One of the more likely scenarios!
Has Oreca confirmed any LMP1/LMP2 customer car for 2014?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3209708)   #70
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You mean like the Infinity Engines in the Red Bull F1's?
The engines Red Bull are using are still branded as Renault engines if I am not mistaken.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3209714)   #71
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
The engines Red Bull are using are still branded as Renault engines if I am not mistaken.

We're both right .
Old 23 Feb 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3209720)   #72
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One of the more likely scenarios!
Has Oreca confirmed any LMP1/LMP2 customer car for 2014?
They said (DOME) that they are working on a 2014 car but only participate with the support of a manufacter. They said to, that they will prepare a LMP 2 version... could they doing a Dome P2 with the Nissan P2 engine ????

That would be awesome, but i donĀ“t think it will happen... but in the other end if Nissan want to upgrade to LMP1 without doing everything a Join venture with DOME (S103) is very clever inded!!
Old 23 Feb 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3209727)   #73
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:

We're both right .
Well, strictly speaking the Infiniti branding on the Red Bull's is just... well... branding. It has nothing to do with engine re-badging. I must admit that I do (still) struggle to understand the logic behind the Red Bull Infiniti branding. What is Renault's strategy ? Renault are world champions with Red Bull and they promote the Infiniti brand ? This is just... highly confusing and does only contribute to potentially diluting the Renault brand image. So, why would the NISMO announcement relate to an involvement of NISSAN or NISMO in F1 ? Create even more confusion ? That would not make ANY sense IMHO.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3209739)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Infiniti is just a sponsor.
If they really want to promote the brand they should compete in DTM.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3209891)   #75
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
My bet is DTM (already rumored for next year) or LMP1/GTE for next year.