Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Sep 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3301680)   #26
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Conti will follow USCR.
PWC has run on nascar owned track before, and I could see them at a spring event at road atlanta or at watkins glen. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a headliner of a Fri-Sat meeting at Lime Rock if USCR did drop LRP. And if Baltimore is gone I fully expect to see them at Baltimore with Indycars. Especially since they seem to be Indy's support series lately.
With the number of support series USCR has now, it is very likely that Conti will headline some weekends on their own, perhaps specifically at tracks that haven't found a place on the main USCR circuit.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3303318)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Today it's early Christmas! The 2014 provisional calendar is out:

March 30 - St Petersburg (with IndyCar)
April 13 - Long Beach (with IndyCar)
April / May - TBA (Lime Rock, Mosport, Indianapolis?)
May - Austin (with V8 Supercars)
June 1 - Detroit (with IndyCar)
June 21 - Road America (with Nascar Nationwide)
July 20 - Toronto (with IndyCar)
August 3 - Mid-Ohio (with IndyCar)
August - TBA (Sonoma, Baltimore?)
September / October - TBA (Houston, Laguna Seca?)
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3303901)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll hold out hold for Oct date at PLM on Friday, doubtful with as full as the petit schedule will be but can still hope.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3303916)   #29
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
But the mess in USCR is with the prototypes. If you ignore the prototypes you still have the GTE cars, and the GTD cars should be pretty similar to PWC since they are allowing GT3 machinery.
And if you like endurance racing and classic events like Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, racing into the night, driver changes, you won't get that with PWC.
I'm not knocking the series, I follow and like it a lot, but it's sprint races, with no headlining events.
I agree.

Why not enjoy both? Why pit one against the other?

The USCC and the Conti Challenge are for endurance events (like the old IMSA Camel GT). The WC is for sprint events (like the old SCCA Trans-Am series).

Back in the day, both the Camel GT enduros and the Trans-Am sprints had full, quality grids and we LOVED them both.

Andy Flinn
Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3304374)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Today it's early Christmas! The 2014 provisional calendar is out:

March 30 - St Petersburg (with IndyCar)
April 13 - Long Beach (with IndyCar)
April / May - TBA (Lime Rock, Mosport, Indianapolis?)
May - Austin (with V8 Supercars)
June 1 - Detroit (with IndyCar)
June 21 - Road America (with Nascar Nationwide)
July 20 - Toronto (with IndyCar)
August 3 - Mid-Ohio (with IndyCar)
August - TBA (Sonoma, Baltimore?)
September / October - TBA (Houston, Laguna Seca?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll hold out hold for Oct date at PLM on Friday, doubtful with as full as the petit schedule will be but can still hope.
That October / Sept TBA leads me to believe they are at least leaving it open, but like everyone else, they are playing the waiting game. It would be like "old times" sort of to have this series back at PLM, but agreed, it will already be a very crowded weekend.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3304410)   #31
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
August... most likely Sonoma, with Baltimore comatose for at least two years.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 2 Oct 2013, 03:56 (Ref:3311741)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The GT class will have an amateur class called GT-A:

Quote:
GT-A drivers will be vying for the inaugural Pirelli World Challenge GT-A Sportsman Cup presented by B.R.M Chronographes

The new classification will recognize gentlemen drivers competing in GT starting next season and the winner will receive the Sportsman Cup.

Given the increased interest in our GT Class and in recognition of our talented racers in the class we plan to develop a GT-A driver category similar to the FIA “Bronze” classification
They want to allow amateurs to race top machines, so I guess they will do separate races for grand tourers and touring cars.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3311837)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The GT class will have an amateur class called GT-A:

They want to allow amateurs to race top machines, so I guess they will do separate races for grand tourers and touring cars.
I have to say this makes a lot of sense since gt3 cars are going to be headlining. I know a lot of am drivers like to measure themselves against other am drivers, so this will likely get a lot of interest.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3311922)   #34
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really want this to be a real GT3 series. So in that case my biggest hope is that KPAX will lose the Volvo and run a GT3 in its place. I could see their paint scheme look good in a McLaren. I"m not sure about the Cadillacs though is that factory team?
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3311942)   #35
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I really want this to be a real GT3 series. So in that case my biggest hope is that KPAX will lose the Volvo and run a GT3 in its place. I could see their paint scheme look good in a McLaren. I"m not sure about the Cadillacs though is that factory team?
The Caddy's are pretty close to FIAGT3 specs so it they wanted they could get it homologated for FIAGT3 and then also sell the Caddy worldwide.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3311988)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
The Caddy's are pretty close to FIAGT3 specs so it they wanted they could get it homologated for FIAGT3 and then also sell the Caddy worldwide.
You can get any car you want homologated into FIAGT3, because there is no spec. I like both the cadilacs and volvos because they add variety to the series and have been well developed as race cars.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3316648)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Apparently, there will be no shared weekends with the Conti Challenge. (That would have been very odd.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3317335)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Updated 2014 provisional schedule:

Mar 30 - St Petersburg
Apr 13 - Long Beach
Apr 25 - Barber
Jun 1 - Detroit
Jun 21 - Road America
Jul 20 - Toronto
Aug 3 - Mid-Ohio
Aug - TBA (Sonoma?)
Sep / Oct - TBA (Houston, Laguna Seca?)

Barber was confirmed, Austin was cancelled. Except for Road America, the rest of the confirmed rounds are supporting IndyCar.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3317752)   #39
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Updated 2014 provisional schedule:

Mar 30 - St Petersburg
Apr 13 - Long Beach
Apr 25 - Barber
Jun 1 - Detroit
Jun 21 - Road America
Jul 20 - Toronto
Aug 3 - Mid-Ohio
Aug - TBA (Sonoma?)
Sep / Oct - TBA (Houston, Laguna Seca?)

Barber was confirmed, Austin was cancelled. Except for Road America, the rest of the confirmed rounds are supporting IndyCar.
Didn't Skip Barber quote recently they will be focusing the 2014 schedule (Lime Rock) on SWC? I'd have to imagine one of those TBA will be LRP.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3324268)   #40
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Porsche will join the GT class with a GT3-spec car:

Quote:
A to-be-named team has plans to run a two-car 911 GT3 R team in GT in 2014.

"With the winning tradition of Porsche 911 race cars in Pirelli World Challenge, with drivers such as Randy Pobst, Patrick Long, Lawson Aschenbach, Wolf Henzler and others, we hope to write a new chapter of success with our customer teams in the series with the 911 GT3 R."
Old 28 Oct 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3324300)   #41
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Porsche will join the GT class with a GT3-spec car:

Nice! That sounds exciting. Things just keep getting better and better for Pirelli WC!

On a side note, I still have not heard anything new about Dragon Speed and their pair of Ferrari 458's since they initially announced their intentions.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3324558)   #42
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Nice! That sounds exciting. Things just keep getting better and better for Pirelli WC!

On a side note, I still have not heard anything new about Dragon Speed and their pair of Ferrari 458's since they initially announced their intentions.
Well that's certainly interesting as Elton Julian, the owner of DragonSpeed, has a 2012 Audi R8 ultra which he debuted at Sears Point back in August and has said that he would run it in the series in 2014. I've never heard anything about DragonSpeed running two Ferrari F458s in 2014.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3324564)   #43
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Well that's certainly interesting as Elton Julian, the owner of DragonSpeed, has a 2012 Audi R8 ultra which he debuted at Sears Point back in August and has said that he would run it in the series in 2014. I've never heard anything about DragonSpeed running two Ferrari F458s in 2014.

Article here mentions Elton's team will be switching from Audi to Ferrari for the 2014 season, maybe he will sell his R8 to a new team or maybe GMG (along with their 5 zillion R8's).
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=3290
Old 29 Oct 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3324844)   #44
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Any ideas what happen to the 2 SLS GT3 that was running earlier in the season?
Old 29 Oct 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3324888)   #45
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Quote:
Any ideas what happen to the 2 SLS GT3 that was running earlier in the season?
I haven't heard anything from Black Swan Racing about their intentions for the 2014 season.

So for the moment, I am assuming they are staying put with the same SLS AMG's.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3324906)   #46
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I haven't heard anything from Black Swan Racing about their intentions for the 2014 season.

So for the moment, I am assuming they are staying put with the same SLS AMG's.
What about Green Hornet?
Old 29 Oct 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3324908)   #47
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What about Green Hornet?
LaSaffre sold the car a while ago. Tim Pappas stated his desire to run in the USCC next year so who knows? There was an article on SPEED that I no longer know how to access.
Here is a pic of the both of them in action at St. Pete. The Black Swan car looked stunning in person, the other not so much - bare carbon with neon green stickers. http://www.motorsport.com/scca-wc/ph...s-benz-sls-gt3
Old 2 Nov 2013, 03:28 (Ref:3326176)   #48
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite liked both liveries on the SLS...

Black Swan had a big crash in qualifying in Toronto, and that was the end of their racing season.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3327089)   #49
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Roush Racing will leave Conti Challenge and compete in Pirelli World Challenge for 2014.

http://www.racer.com/roush-racing-an...rticle/319342/
Old 6 Nov 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3327790)   #50
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone post the 2014 schedule yet? They've created another class called TCA and they're running as a support race for Trans-Am at NJMP on the same weekend they're running as a support race for IndyCar at Detroit.

I just looked at the picture again, and on the Sonoma weekend they have something called "GT-A" but that's the only time it shows up. What is that?