Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you vote as the driver of the Bahrain Grand Prix?
Rosberg 2 1.87%
Hamilton 51 47.66%
Ricciardo 29 27.10%
Bottas 0 0%
Perez 20 18.69%
Raikkonen 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Massa 1 0.93%
Magnussen 0 0%
Alonso 0 0%
Vettel 0 0%
Hulkenberg 1 0.93%
Kvyat 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Grosjean 0 0%
Maldonado 2 1.87%
Sutil 0 0%
Kobayashi 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Ericsson 0 0%
Chilton 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 2014, 14:23 (Ref:3389304)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

Who do you vote as the driver of the Bahrain Grand Prix?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3389350)   #2
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Maldonado, because without him, this race wouldn't have ended so well!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3389356)   #3
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo this one, he did a fantastic job beating Vettel, and coming back from 13th to 4th, with a Renault engine in this track that does not suit the car at all.

Lots of teammates battles seem close this season, the hype's gone out off the roof after today
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3389360)   #4
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton for a near perfect start and holding off Rosberg at the end.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3389361)   #5
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton for me. I might have gone with Ricciardo, but he made a couple of mistakes, whereas Hamilton was pretty flawless today.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this new not-so-hot-headed Hamilton.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3389367)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pérez. His first podium since 2012!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3389374)   #7
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There was a lot of good driving but I went with Lewis. It's easy to vote for the guy that won, but it's not just as simple as that. He got the better start to take and defend the lead, and then after having his later lead of many seconds stolen by the safety car he managed to hold off Nico despite Nico having an enormous advantage between tires and DRS.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3389375)   #8
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton, great job to hold off Nico and a fantastic drive for Driver Dan from 13th to 4th.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3389378)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't a clue who to give it to, a number of excellent drives from Loulou, Rosberg, Perez, Ricciardo, Bottas; possibly Ricciardo for coming from 13th after the grid penalty and Max Chilton finished again this time in 13th place. I'll decide later but Retard of the Race definitely goes to Maldonado.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 6 Apr 2014 at 17:28.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3389381)   #10
myfrontpage
Rookie

myfrontpage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went with Ricciardo for the reasons already mentioned. Thought he worked his way up through the field well and stuffed Vettel (which gets extra points in my book). Pereze, Hamilton and Rosberg with stellar races as well.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3389382)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3389387)   #12
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Ricciardo
He spent so much time behind Kimi in the beginning of the race unfortunately.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3389391)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For defending against his teammate on options it goes to LH imo.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3389401)   #14
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Hamilton, Rosberg, Perez, Ricciardo, Hulkenberg, all drove outstanding races with Hamilton, Perez and Ricciardo achieving the most.

I gave it to Perez for proving all those who doubted if he was good enough wrong...

I tend to favour underdogs so this was Perez' turn.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3389403)   #15
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard to argue against Lewis Hamilton, he absolutely drove the wheels off the car at the end.

Great drives from Perez and Riccairdo too
Old 6 Apr 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3389414)   #16
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
He spent so much time behind Kimi in the beginning of the race unfortunately.
As did Vettel before Ric. Kimi and a couple of other drivers (McLaren maybe) were slowing down those behind them, and seemed specially hard to overtake for both RBRs, they finally did it when tyres gave up a bit on Kimi's car.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3389467)   #17
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it too Hamilton for a dominant win in Malaysia, but despite a great battle I didn't think he actually drove so well.

I just gave my vote to Daniel Ricciardo. 13th to 4th in a very competitive midfield against lots of Mercedes powered cars.

Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Sergio Perez, Nico Hulkenberg and Max Chilton all deserve big mentions too.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3389482)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last laps of the race made me adamantly decide for Hamilton as the best driver of the race.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3389484)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would normally have voted Perez or Chilton, but that was a phenomenal defensive race from Hamilton. I thought it was lost when the safety car came out. He is deservedly my driver of the race.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3389503)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton for sheer dogged determination - not to mention a certain amount of skill - honourable mentions to most of the rest of the top 10 for a great race......
Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3389507)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis Hamilton for getting it right at every stage. Jaw-dropping racing.

Some other excellent drives, though. Rosberg put up strong opposition and when Perez gets a result, he knows how to get a big one.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3389511)   #22
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a tough one. In the end, I gave it to Hamilton, mostly on the basis that I need a VERY good reason to give it to someone other than the winner.

Rosberg also drove exceptionally well and his close racing was a little bit cleaner that Lulu's. However he was helped by the Safety Car and still came second, so.... I'm surprised no-one has voted for him though. He deserves some votes for sure.

Perez was also a contender for getting himself and the team onto the podium, and comprehensively beating his highly-rated team-mate.

Then there was Desperate Dan. Another one to thrash his team-mate (a four times World Champion, no less) and he gained a lot of places from a lowly grid slot that wasn't of his making. Did I spot Helmut Marko in the back of the garage after the race, sticking pins in a little voodoo doll with huge teeth?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:17 (Ref:3389518)   #23
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton, Perez, Ricciardo.

Hamilton because even though Rosberg may have been slightly faster, he still won and would have had a 10 sec advantage if not for the SC. Rosberg was disappointing, you get the 10s removed, much better tyres and every time he tried to pass Lewis he just couldn't get it done. There's no way if the situation was reversed, that Lewis wouldn't have got past Nico. His attempts at passing were too desperate.

Perez great for getting 3rd - FI hadn't been close to being the second fastest team in the last 2 rounds. Hulk did well to nearly match him though, despite qualifying much further back.

And then Ricciardo very well done in coming from behind and passing Seb. Seb just didn't seem to be on it this weekend, even though he was on the oldest tyres at the end, he never really looked faster than Ricciardo at any time in the race.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3389552)   #24
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Would have given DOR to Ricciardo, if it hadn't been for the sheer determined quality of Hamilton's drive and defensive tactics.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3389562)   #25
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another strong drive from Chilton, up in 13th whilst his supposedly more talented team-mate gets involved in another clumsy incident.