Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jan 2001, 19:45 (Ref:59845)   #1
Ron Dennis's Mum
Rookie

Ron Dennis's Mum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS was driven off the road (at least) twice in 2000, and he pushed off nobody.

The great Niki Lauda claimed MS's tactics were absolutely fine recently, and I believe the punishment he received for the Villeneurve incident was the toughest ever handed-out by the FIA.

Evidence shows that MS is probably the cleanest driver, and certainly the cleanest champion of his generation. The camera is always on him, yet his cleanliness always shines through, while those less capable drivers are able to bend the zig-zagging rules to extremes, without it being televised, or punished by the authorities.

I'm lookinmg forward to the "usual suspects" and their tired old anti-MS, anti-Ferrari rhetoric attempting in vain to refute this. Heed there unwise words at your peril!

RDM
Old 22 Jan 2001, 20:29 (Ref:59850)   #2
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you insane?
Old 22 Jan 2001, 21:15 (Ref:59856)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certifiable!

You must watch the GP's with your guide dog relaying the information
Old 22 Jan 2001, 21:25 (Ref:59858)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 22 Jan 2001, 21:27 (Ref:59859)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you may have a problem
Old 23 Jan 2001, 01:49 (Ref:59900)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having no one visit you one mother's day must be starting to get to you.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 02:20 (Ref:59908)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Dennis's Mum

Evidence shows that MS is probably the cleanest driver, and certainly the cleanest champion of his generation.

Because he's worth it!
Old 23 Jan 2001, 05:02 (Ref:59919)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Well, you certainly stirred this lot up, but you can't get me to bite. I saw through your charade the moment I read the heading before I even read your post. NEXT!!
Old 23 Jan 2001, 12:50 (Ref:59934)   #9
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well my friend you really made me laughed. I think you may want to move this thread to the gravel trap, so other people can have some fun.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 14:53 (Ref:59938)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well..although the remark might be a little exaggerating... Michael has indeed displayed this year to be a clean driver, driving well within the rules, no JUMPING STARTS-get penalised-then whine, cars perfectly within regulations. U might not agree, but that is what it is....not much use disputing.... He is far from naugthy-schuey, the authorities and everyone concerned has judged that, and any disagreements are, sadly, not going to change this fact...

Open to any heated debates~
Old 23 Jan 2001, 14:57 (Ref:59939)   #11
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael did not do anything wrong this year-Period!!!! All the whining from DC and Jaques was unsubstantiated. I often hear all the "educated" oldies tell me how fair and friendly all the drivers in the pre 1990's were. Yet it is these drivers who are backing Michael! When questioned on Michaels racing "chop", Gehard Berger publicly stated that according to him that was fair play. Not only that, he claimed that while he was driving it was not uncommon for drivers to swerve 4 or 5 times before the first turn. Likewise, Niki Lauda has just come out and stated that Michaels tactics are nothing compared to the 70's, and only the lack of camera coverage prevented the audience from seeing the dirty racing which regularly occured back then. Michael may not be as polite as DC or Frentzen, but then again he is no worse than a lot of his predecessors.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 15:32 (Ref:59942)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gt_R, neutral, I pretty much agree with you...

... as far as it goes for year 2000. But you know what they say about giving a dog a bad name. Once you've got a reputation, even if you're as good as gold, it's always going to follow you, and people will always scrutinise you for it.

Now, I'm a lot more willing to give Schumacher the benefit of the doubt than some on this forum. But where I will take issue is over the question of legitimate tactics.

Stirling Moss will gladly concede that the roughest opponent he faced was Giuseppe Farina. A proven World Champion, Farina was certainly quick enough, and he was not averse to brake-testing someone, or indulging in a spot of weaving to keep someone in their place.

But even Farina, with his reputation for taking no prisoners, had personal limits he did not cross. As far as he was concerned, the the patch of road he was aiming for was his, and if you spun off trying to wrest it from him, that was your problem.

But he would never ram. And he would never nerf someone off. That was unethical. It was also infinitely more likely in those days to get someone killed.

What I can't accept are the tactics which tell an opponent to back off - or else they get put in the pitlane wall.

I don't regard Michael Schumacher as the worst culprit of modern times. But as someone who lost a wager on the outcome of the 1997 championship, I also can't regard him as "clean".
Old 23 Jan 2001, 16:05 (Ref:59943)   #13
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Dennis's Mum

The camera is always on him, yet his cleanliness always shines through.
RDM
Yeah I agree. His face always looks clean and shaved at the press conferences. And the L'Oreal shampooed hair..one can almost smell the flowery fragrance from the TV set.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 20:42 (Ref:59974)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Old 23 Jan 2001, 22:08 (Ref:60004)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Hey!!! What about Eddie?? His aura literally glows!!
Old 23 Jan 2001, 22:50 (Ref:60018)   #16
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Are we talking about THE M.Schumacher of Ferrari fame.....

Really?!!