Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Apr 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3057626)   #201
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I like the sound of that :b
Indeed. Big fan of The Simonsen. I like him. I think he's good.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3057696)   #202
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The biggest problem is that it's Poulsen instead of Elgaard or Nielsen .
THAT would be a good line-up if they could.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3057701)   #203
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Press release from AMR mentions that Young Driver is running the GTE Am car (which is named as a Vantage GTE, I'm not sure how that'll work) with Nygaard, Kristian Poulsen, and Allan Simonsen in the car.

http://www.astonmartin.com/racing/ne...ry-for-le-mans
Awesome! A big fan of Alan Simonsen so great to see he has a seat at Le Mans this year.

I agree with CTD about Poulsen but Im guessing he's bringing the chequebook so...
Old 12 Apr 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3057703)   #204
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The biggest problem is that it's Poulsen instead of Elgaard or Nielsen .
THAT would be a good line-up if they could.
It's an Am car, so with Simonsen in the car that automatically rules out those two on driver ratings. GTE-Am cars can only have a single Gold/Platinum-rated driver.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3057708)   #205
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Awesome! A big fan of Alan Simonsen so great to see he has a seat at Le Mans this year.

I agree with CTD about Poulsen but Im guessing he's bringing the chequebook so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It's an Am car, so with Simonsen in the car that automatically rules out those two on driver ratings. GTE-Am cars can only have a single Gold/Platinum-rated driver.
True Victor! - i didn't think of that .

Nygaard is going to impress a lot of people, that i'm sure of.
But Poulsen is going to slow them down (like he did in the Lmp2 Porsche), but it's very likely that he pays for the whole operation!
Old 12 Apr 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3057964)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Any chance of putting the entry list in the first post please mods ?

I can put the bare list in, but I'm not about to update drivers on it.....

Either that or someone else with time on their hands can post it and I'll move it to the first post.....
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3058006)   #207
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The list is changing quicker than we can post it with driver additions, and rumoured withdrawals - a couple of which were supposed to be revealed to today.

I posted one up a couple of pages back. Someone can take a crack at updating that one if they want and if not I'll maybe take a look at it tomorrow.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3058011)   #208
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I asked the question yesterday on MWM and hindy said that as yet there were no official changes from the published list
Old 14 Apr 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3058731)   #209
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the list I always look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3060091)   #210
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen the following tweet from Sam Smith/Lola cars:-

"Congrats to Status GP on getting a Le Mans invitation with their Lola LMP2 car. Sadly Dyson Racing will not be at La Sarthe in June now."

No Dyson? That's a shame.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3060096)   #211
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Just seen the following tweet from Sam Smith/Lola cars:-

"Congrats to Status GP on getting a Le Mans invitation with their Lola LMP2 car. Sadly Dyson Racing will not be at La Sarthe in June now."

No Dyson? That's a shame.
Just seen that too. Damn. I was expecting to see maybe the second car disappear but to see both scrubbed off is a real shame. Especially for Guy Smith with my Brit hat on.

Saying that I think it would have been a big ask for them to last 24 hours.

Murphy Prototypes also move up into the race. LMP2 is INSANE in this race, but sadly we're down to just 13 LMP1s.

Updated entrylist here:
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/..._mans_2012.pdf

Interesting to see barely any reserves left.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3060110)   #212
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dyson withdrawal finally confirmed then. Extremely sad about that, was very much looking forward to finally seeing them in La Sarthe. P1 is now looking rather depleted.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3060115)   #213
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yey, even more faceless P2s...

Shame about Dysons, and seems like Hope also gave up their reserve entry (no pun intended). GTE reserve list has severly decreased as well
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3060117)   #214
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yey, even more faceless P2s...
I'm not displeased with who gets in, just sad it's Dyson who have made way.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3060139)   #215
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting bored with the "will they, won't they" topic of Dyson each year.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3060165)   #216
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Always looked a bit dodgy given that there were no other drivers listed.

Seems like some funding has fallen through behind the scenes, quite possibly with Abdul Al Faisal who tested the car at Sebring.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3060169)   #217
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Yes me too. As much as I'd love to see Dyson at Le Mans, Im getting a bit over the whole 'will they wont they' game. I know things dont always pan out as planned but its still irritating ( i bet for them too).

Shame they didnt race their Spyder RS at Le Mans that would've been quite competitive.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3060173)   #218
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry to see Dyson drop off the entry list, but on the other hand, if they were presumably struggling to sell seats in the cars, how competitive were they likely to be, if they'd turned up with their car(s) packed out with amateur rent-a-drives?

IIRC someone said recently that Kane wouldn't be available for Le Mans due to a conflicting commitment with the G-A Oryx Audi, and apart from Al-Faisal, I don't think I'd heard any other potential drivers mentioned?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3060217)   #219
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Shame to see Dyson withdraw...at least they have come closer this time by committing to do the race. Maybe they`ll actually show up next year..

But man, how epic can LMP2 possible get? 20 cars... damn.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3060239)   #220
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyone know whether Alex Sims or Yelmer Buurman are classed as silver? If so could they make a late swoop for Guy Smith as third driver? That would be an amazing line-up!! Especially given that Status were going to lend support to the Dyson entry.

I'm just not sure how much funding they need for that effort or where it comes from?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3060246)   #221
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The list of classifications is here:

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...tification.pdf
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3060262)   #222
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone know whether Alex Sims or Yelmer Buurman are classed as silver? If so could they make a late swoop for Guy Smith as third driver? That would be an amazing line-up!! Especially given that Status were going to lend support to the Dyson entry.

I'm just not sure how much funding they need for that effort or where it comes from?
Guy Smith as third driver is no-go, both Sims and Buurman are classified as Platinum according to the list that Roger linked to.

Surprising addition to the ACO-classified driver list though... Tonio Liuzzi (on page 9).
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3060275)   #223
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we have 22 Pro Entries + 33 Pro/Am Entries + 1 Delta Wing

That is quite a weak field.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3060291)   #224
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Guy Smith as third driver is no-go, both Sims and Buurman are classified as Platinum according to the list that Roger linked to.

Surprising addition to the ACO-classified driver list though... Tonio Liuzzi (on page 9).
I think Platinum is a bit steep but fair enough. Would have been cool. Someone must have Liuzzi lined up for a drive or someone has enquired about him.

I wonder whether he will pop up in a Ferrari?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3060322)   #225
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a real shame that Dyson are not going to be there, I hope Guy Smith can pick up a drive. However on the plus side this means friend of Ten-Tenth Jody Firth will get his Le Mans debut in the Murphy ORECA.

Last edited by rdjones; 16 Apr 2012 at 15:59.