Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 1 Feb 2005, 07:41 (Ref:1214316)   #1
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
style takeover

Today I logged into ten-tenths, while in another browser tab, did a google search. Found something like what I was looking for on a site called planetlemans.com - the link on the site turns out to be another view into the ten-tenths forum.

So now I reload my window/browser tab that is viewing ten-tenths and my style has changed to the planetlemans.com style... even though I did nothing to select a different style. Even clicking my ten-tenths bookmark to reload the page, doesn't bring back the style I'm used too... it seems my browser has remembered this new style. After a while I find that I can scroll down the page and there is an option to choose the Ten-Tenths style again (several Ten-Tenths styles in fact).

But why must I deliberately take action to choose to bring the original ten-tenths style back, while it seems that the 'other' site can change the style my browser prefers without any action by me at all (other than following a link in google)?

Not too worried about it, but it just seems strange behaviour... Is this normal, and if so, can someone explain why anyone might want this sort of feature?
Old 1 Feb 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1214337)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unless you have specifically told the site which view you want it, will display in the format of the latest cookies.

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see a field with the name of the "skin" you are using. You can select any of the affilliate skins or the three versions of 10/10 from there.

However this will change every time you visit another site, so go to My Control Panel and click on edit options. Then scroll to the bottom where you can choose the permanent skin you want to use.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1214360)   #3
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Peter.... I wonder what we did with our spare time before we had all these wonderful features to play around with?
Old 1 Feb 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1214361)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oo er missus!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1214376)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasud
it seems that the 'other' site can change the style my browser prefers without any action by me at all (other than following a link in google)?
There is an option that can be added to any links in the forum which tell vBulletin which particular style to use. This is how affiliate sites link in to Ten-Tenths and have it displayed in their style. We can set the software to "force" a particular style for specific forums (and we do so with Parc-Ferme).