Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2112634)   #1
guralka
Rookie

guralka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zolfe orange and GTM 40TR at Autosport

Did anyone see the Zolfe and GTM 40TR Trackcars at Autosport? Very different concepts but both pretty good especialy for the money.

Nic Strong, Zolfes owner and creator said he wanted a caterham with a body, retro styling inspired by Elite, Taimar, OpelGT and 240Z, he's definatly achived that. His technical director is Jez Coates (23ys at Caterham) and with only 700kg and upto 300bhp, it should go well. Not bad for £26k. The quality of the first prototype at the show was superb, production car should be even better.

GTM 40TR was quite interesting, clearly inspired by Atom and Lotus 2 eleven yet very different to both, and significantly cheaper aswell at under £20k. Its based on the tub of a standard GTM which Ive driven on track and is pretty good. Not as focused as Elise or Seven but with the recent aqusition by Potenza (Westfields Owners) Im sure It will be improved dynamically. I imagine, without rear clam, doors and glass it would probably shed around 200-250kg from its original 800kg, bringing it close to Atom with the same engine,,,,,,,cool. I loved those aluminium bars and mesh!

Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2112651)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both great looking cars, I love the retro styling of the Zolfe and it's always good to see an established name like GTM coming out with something as mad as the 40TR, certainly makes a change from the 7's, fake-snakes and other replicas that often seem to dominate the industry! Having said that, the GTM does remind me of some of the recent offerings from Onyx, there's also a couple of kits around that share the Atom concept of a very visible chassis and little bodywork.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2119209)   #3
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the zolfe is very very nice!, i was reading about it in evo mag today and i must say i would buy one if money was permitting, it looks great dare i say it looks better than 99% of exotica that you can buy nowadays.
Old 3 Feb 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2119511)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It maybe just the orange bodywork, but the Zolfe puts me in mind of the similarly styled Ginetta G50, but the Zolfe is all big arches and vents (and none the worse for it...)