Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 May 2001, 10:56 (Ref:96811)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dejarvous?

in the 1998 FIA GT series , Mercedes ruined the series by winning every race that year and occasionally punting off a Porsche which caused the fall of the works entred teams in that series and ended GT1. This year looks like the same as Audi have won every race but the Nurburgring last year with the R8. I can only hope that this doesn't have the same effect as the Mercs did in 1998 as it would ruin the sport again!
Old 26 May 2001, 14:29 (Ref:96909)   #2
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't agree, the situation is like the POrsche 956/962 situation. in the long run it will better the category. Mercedes took the GT1 category down with them but I don not think that this will happen again. There just to much interest from the manufacturers, since the Audi Domination chrysler, cadillac, MG, Bently, ListerAscari and Riley & Scott have made it clear that they want to enter or continue their efforts in the category there was no such interest in 1998