Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Sep 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3139214)   #2876
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As reported by Dave Phillips at Long Beach, Adrian has said his contract was expiring this year and he was looking forward to a new adventure back in North America in '13 and beyond. Apparently this is where he wants to be and raise his family, not to mention it is probably more relevant for Lowes Mexico.

I think Adrian wants to get back into prototypes - going to GT was strike one against Aston, Adrian's lack of pace (probably driven by a lack of desire to really work on the craft) in a GT was strike two and then they pulled him from the car at Silverstone; in baseball three strikes and you are out.

Aston Martin's big plans for Grand-Am and ALMS(?) are not centered around young Adrian.

Chris
Old 20 Sep 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3139259)   #2877
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sadly, but rightfully so. He didn't have the pace in the GT. He's better suited to higher downforce cars.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3139300)   #2878
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah but you can't tell me it's not potentially off-putting to look to commit to a series and then find out that series will only be around for one year longer. I am aware GTE will be retained going forward. It's still a voyage into the unknown.
I know if I was the one shelling out the cash I would pump the brakes and wait until the dust settled...
Old 20 Sep 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3139340)   #2879
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I know if I was the one shelling out the cash I would pump the brakes and wait until the dust settled...
The thing is that it will take two or three years (at minimum) for the dust to really settle down on this. A lot of decision are going to be made before that based upon limited information and hope or fear.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3139342)   #2880
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Actually, it hasn't. :-)

-mike
Glad to hear, way more exciting than LMPC
Old 21 Sep 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3139370)   #2881
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The thing is that it will take two or three years (at minimum) for the dust to really settle down on this. A lot of decision are going to be made before that based upon limited information and hope or fear.
The decisions as to what the next prototype will be, and who will build it may have already been decided, and contract signed.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3139383)   #2882
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The decisions as to what the next prototype will be, and who will build it may have already been decided, and contract signed.
Hmm, I really do not see it being singular.

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3139390)   #2883
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DP's have multiple constructors...
Old 21 Sep 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3139392)   #2884
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Going back to the ESM classified, where did it say that they were in fact buying a 2013? Could it be they're just downsizing the operation as a whole?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3139409)   #2885
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally race teams sell old equipment to buy new....it was just an assumption.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3139413)   #2886
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, Vogelhund ... Dallara the sole supplier for the new sports car series too? They seem to build cars for all the other spec series.

(More likely Riley.)
Old 21 Sep 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3139475)   #2887
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
So, Vogelhund ... Dallara the sole supplier for the new sports car series too? They seem to build cars for all the other spec series.

(More likely Riley.)
I'd take either over a class full of Deltawings...
Old 21 Sep 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3139618)   #2888
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A top class full of spec Dallaras or Rileys = More spare time on the weekend for things other than racing
Old 21 Sep 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3139637)   #2889
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
A top class full of spec Dallaras or Rileys = More spare time on the weekend for things other than racing
I would have to agree.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3140096)   #2890
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
For the past four years, I have resurrected 10-year old websites we did of the Petit Le Mans from the first PLM through the 2001 race. Pondering whether to bring the 2002 coverage back to life again and wondering if anyone would like to see it?

If you would, I'll be happy to do so. If not, it will save me a bunch of time not doing it so I'm happy either way.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3140099)   #2891
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
For the past four years, I have resurrected 10-year old websites we did of the Petit Le Mans from the first PLM through the 2001 race. Pondering whether to bring the 2002 coverage back to life again and wondering if anyone would like to see it?

If you would, I'll be happy to do so. If not, it will save me a bunch of time not doing it so I'm happy either way.
I'd like to see it! Same goes for links for '98-'01.

Chris
Old 23 Sep 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3140237)   #2892
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3141141)   #2893
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'd like to see it! Same goes for links for '98-'01.

Chris
OK. Will do.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3143110)   #2894
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The top five have been announced for the 2012 "From the Fans" award. We're happy to say we made it into the top five and final round of voting along with two teams, one individual, and the series title sponsor.

Here's the link for you to vote for your difference maker for the fans of 2012!

From alms.com:

"It’s time to vote on one of the most coveted honors in the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón. ALMS fans around the world annually select the person or group that makes the biggest impact on ALMS and sports car racing. We call it the ‘From the Fans’ award, and you can cast your vote today!

We received a huge number of nominations during the VIR weekend and narrowed the list down to the top-five nominees: Corvette Racing, Don Panoz, Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, Team Falken Tire and Tequila Patrón.

The winner will be unveiled at the annual Night of Champions banquet following the 15th annual Petit Le Mans powered by Mazda at Road Atlanta.

And keep a sharp eye. Next week will begin voting for this year’s Most Popular Driver award. There will be two rounds of preliminary voting with the top five choices moving the final round from Oct. 10-13."
Old 29 Sep 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3143938)   #2895
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUX...&feature=g-u-u
It looks like ALMS is working backwards to upload the races of this year. Let's see how they handle Sebring!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3145432)   #2896
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, they could have the entire season to this point up by the end of the weekend at the rate they're going.

Mosport and Lime Rock are already up on YouTube.