Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Apr 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3398449)   #51
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/imsa-confirms-gtd-bop-changes-for-monterey
GTD also getting a few BoP adjustments.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3398456)   #52
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looking at the big picture, size of the engine does not make it the same as say, size of power. But a bigger size of engine can mean a bigger size of fuel usage. And a bigger weight of the engine. Then you see the tank size is a tradeoff, bigger fuel weight on top of thirstier heavier engine with not much more power vs newer lighter engine(s) with better consumption. Its ballance of performance but its not perfect. What it really is though, is confusing
And frustrating.

If they had smaller restrictors they'd be using less fuel too so it goes in circles...
Old 26 Apr 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3398459)   #53
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Remember the DPs are promised to be the top class, P2s are only allowed.
You're funny.

Otherwise, I assume you work for a DP team and have some evidence of these promises that were made to you. Right?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3398461)   #54
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
You're funny.

Otherwise, I assume you work for a DP team and have some evidence of these promises that were made to you. Right?
There may be a bit of tongue in my cheek but it was pretty clear in the press releases last year when the 'merger' was announced and events so far have done nothing to dispel that impression.

Last edited by wdave0; 26 Apr 2014 at 14:55.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3398485)   #55
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much is 10-14 HP worth in lap time anyway? Maybe a tenth? To me that only closes the gap of single lap performance, not the raceability between the P2s and DPs. They need to give the P2s back their ballast while taking alot more power out of the DPs.

Its going to be a bit embarrassing if a P2 gets pole, but the 2nd place DP beats it to turn 1 by a mile.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3398564)   #56
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a thought on the Cosworth Indycar thing. I wouldn/t be surprised to see some sort of Ford Ecoboost-Cosworth Project.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3398566)   #57
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Just a thought on the Cosworth Indycar thing. I wouldn/t be surprised to see some sort of Ford Ecoboost-Cosworth Project.
That I would love to see.........in indycar!

It really isn't such a big deal to me to see p2s not wining,I want to see the whole P field able to win,not just three cars of which one seems to have a favored manufacturer.honestly there's only two really competetive p2s and esm's performance is really erratic, some times strong sometimes poor.oak is really the only p2 who can have any chance leaving the rest of the dp's.which I wouldn't mind watching except the ford seems to have a slight advantage to.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 04:02 (Ref:3398607)   #58
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
How much is 10-14 HP worth in lap time anyway? Maybe a tenth? To me that only closes the gap of single lap performance, not the raceability between the P2s and DPs. They need to give the P2s back their ballast while taking alot more power out of the DPs.

Its going to be a bit embarrassing if a P2 gets pole, but the 2nd place DP beats it to turn 1 by a mile.
At least in Laguna, it's not likely IMO. Remember how the RS Spyder in the first row defeating R10?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 04:14 (Ref:3398609)   #59
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
People might respond to the one post I just made ... but I am considering the entire history of TUSC's laughable BoP attempts, going back to when they dithered around so much a Private Team (SDR) had to make its own parts and say, "See, this is how it's done."

Even that wasn't enough. Relying on their Data and Interpolating and Extrapolating from their recorded statistics, they... completely screwed up.

They did no testing, made no effort to do testing, counted on private teams to do the testing for them, when of course those private teams were testing completely other things, completely skewing the data.

Still they relied on their recorded statistics, and extrapolated the DPs into three race wins.

Wow, you mean simulations and calculations aren't the same as reality? No!!!!!!!

TUSC has yet to actually take a car of each type, set them up identically, and have neutral drivers do laps to actually Test (not extrapolate, not calculate, not imagine) what their proposed changes would do.

Think about it. These cars are going to Test these changes During a Race. If the changes are incorrect, half the P-class field gets screwed—again.

TUSC is too cheap to buy an old P2 and an old DP—or rent one that is or is not running in the series now—and actually TEST their proposed changes.

If it works, pats on their own backs for all. If not—still, pats on their own backs for trying so hard.

B ... S.

They could hit-or-miss their way through this entire season, without ever getting it right.

On the other hand ... how many hours do Audi or Porsche spend just to test one car? When BES or FIA want to BoP GT3s, do they rely on simulations and calculations?

Hmmm ... wonder why not?

(For the record, I think that at Laguna Seca 15 bhp Might be enough to even the two types of P-cars. But thinking a thing isn't anything even vaguely related to Knowing that thing ... )

I have a lot of respect for Scot Elkins and I know he has a hard job to do, but I am not such a complete fanboi that I am not going to call BS when I am wading through it. I am sure he will say he doesn't have the budget for it ... which is then an indictment of management higher up.

How many times did Ed Bennett and Scott Atherton say, "We know we only have one chance to get this right"?

When do you suppose they will actually take that chance?
IMSA is allowing the fans to "partner" in their proto R&D adventures! Make the fans pay to see if their calculations and predictions and simulations work out.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3398761)   #60
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite a time commitment to watch both races as well as IndyCar. I might drop the pro-am.. But then again, the GT/P2 race should be better because of that.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3399307)   #61
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=28605
Pierre Kaffer in for Risi at Long Beach.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3399319)   #62
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's great to hear. Maybe Mr. Risi can go down to Brazil and revive Melo's career...

Last edited by Articus; 28 Apr 2014 at 18:52.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3399362)   #63
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
60 cars on the entry list for the Conti Challenge support race
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3399372)   #64
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the TUSC Website

Awful lot of motorcycles for a Sportscar race .
Old 29 Apr 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3399442)   #65
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=28605
Pierre Kaffer in for Risi at Long Beach.
Wow! That's a great line up.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3399443)   #66
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That ought to make for a really exciting race!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3399468)   #67
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
From the TUSC Website

Awful lot of motorcycles for a Sportscar race .
It's obvious they don't want to use a shot from a grand am race with general parking in in the middle of the track with and all 30 cars parked there,lol.but Yea I saw that same page and thought its hilarious they are using a shot from moto gp days,could of at least used the shot from the Rolex reunion.the two busiest weekends laguna seca had.

My expectations for this weekend are very very low,I expect very low attendance,no vendors,no food,and the general feeling of a grand am race.and just like grand am I bet all the conti challenge teams will be gone Sunday morning leaving the paddock looking empty and shameful.

Are you going?have u seen the tickets? They are a joke,I don't know what laguna seca doing but they are like ticket stubs to a play or a local theater very small and disappointing.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3399637)   #68
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see Kaffer in the Risi car. He always did a solid job and he always seems like a real nice guy, hopefully they run well.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3399686)   #69
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
My expectations for this weekend are very very low,I expect very low attendance,no vendors,no food,and the general feeling of a grand am race.and just like grand am I bet all the conti challenge teams will be gone Sunday morning leaving the paddock looking empty and shameful.
The time I went the Cup rigs left the paddock empty but the rest of the cup crews were a large part of the spectators for the Rolex race, along with the Rolex spotters, the spectator areas would have looked really empty otherwise!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3399735)   #70
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'll bet the usual food vendors will be there, (grilled suasages eaten with an IPA from the "British Pub" )as their contract is with the track, and they're there at all race events. Vendors... that's another thing. Paddock shouldn't look too empty Sunday, with DP, LMGT, GTD and PC teams having to race Sunday, right?
Think about how quickly you'll be able to exit Sunday afternoon.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3399753)   #71
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ev...-for-monterey/
Eversley joins BAR1 for the race!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3399806)   #72
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Are you going?have u seen the tickets? They are a joke,I don't know what laguna seca doing but they are like ticket stubs to a play or a local theater very small and disappointing.
Same thing happened with Sebring tickets. For as long as I can remember the ticket had a picture of the previous year's winning car on it. This year there was no picture at all, just a boring ticket.

It's obvious that they want to change everything to make it new again and ruin it all during the process.

I used to fly cross country to be at Laguna for ALMS, this year it may just sit on my DVR for a few weeks until I get around to it. It's all shameful really.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3399815)   #73
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
The time I went the Cup rigs left the paddock empty but the rest of the cup crews were a large part of the spectators for the Rolex race, along with the Rolex spotters, the spectator areas would have looked really empty otherwise!
Sprint Cup ran at Laguna with Grand-Am?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3399816)   #74
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
Sprint Cup ran at Laguna with Grand-Am?
LOL no, continental tire sports car challenge did and had verious different names over the years including the Koni challenge/cup.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3399817)   #75
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I passed this sign a while back.

Yup I'll be there Friday afternoon. Made a Pliny the Elder clone/hybrid a friend, hopefully it will be ready. If not...turns out you can buy beer too .