Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the International Sports Car Weekend at COTA?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 45 67.16%
Maybe so 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3306567)   #151
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Thats the viewing area to see the 1million+ mexican free tail bats that come out from under the bridge each night to feed in the summer. If u can make it back there one sunset, its a unique site to see
Ah-ha, thanks.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 20 Sep 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3306581)   #152
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Went to the outdoor showing of Le Mans tonight at the Long Center. Had a great time. Got my picture taken with Bruno Senna (and had Darren Tuner take the picture). Hung out with Hindy, The Responsible Adult and Shea Adam. Had a great conversation with Martin Plowman too. The movie started and I was standing off to the side, I see Hindy standing several feet away and I slide over to him and tell him that if Le Mans is playing and I have an opportunity to stand there and watch it with him I'm going to take advantage. Ended up having a great chat with him as well.

I mentioned before that I am here as a guest of Michelin. I'm not trying to gloat or anything like that (well maybe just a little). I truly wish that every big racing fan could have an opportunity like I am getting this weekend. They paid for my hotel, hospitality at the track (including three meals a day in a suite over the pits), a backpack full of gifts; it doesn't get much better! So thank you to Michelin! A great company and the best tires out there! After this experience I am a customer for life (see how easy it is for a company to buy a person off?!)!

Looking forward to the first on track action tomorrow! Have fun out there everyone!
Jealousy is a b*tch...

J.K. good job mate!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3306590)   #153
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Awesome deal man. How did you score that? Did you just pop in on Pelham Rd. and ask for the package? Figure there must be a Greenville connection in there somewhere. Enjoy the weekend!
LOL! It seems there was an opportunity several fans in the area have missed...

Off Topic: That will be the new location for Cars and Coffee, 8AM-12PM on the fourth Saturday of the month.

On Topic: I feel like the P1 battle for COTA has dwindled down to what the last years of GT1 became. Very even matched cars running up front...from the same team. And yes, one of them will win.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3306608)   #154
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
WEC practice 1 starting in 16 minutes, right? ALMS times right now look slower, so I assume there's rain on the track
Old 20 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3306613)   #155
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Yes, it is raining very hard according to https://twitter.com/Toyota_Hybrid/st...56279415750658
Old 20 Sep 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3306629)   #156
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Still drying myself off in the relative coverage of the main grandstand... it was indeed raining very hard.

I'm loving that Valero Aston livery!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3306631)   #157
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
In some last-minute driver addition news.... whaaaaaaaAAAAAAAT?????

Stefan Mucke still perhaps not fit enough to race after his Barcelona 24h shunt, third driver added to the squad... OLIVER GAVIN. Yes, that Oliver Gavin that races a Corvette and raced against the Astons for a really long time.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3306640)   #158
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

Stefan Mucke still perhaps not fit enough to race after his Barcelona 24h shunt, third driver added to the squad... OLIVER GAVIN. Yes, that Oliver Gavin that races a Corvette and raced against the Astons for a really long time.
Imagine, getting paid by your adversary to spy on them. How great is that?

DK
Old 20 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3306642)   #159
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:

Well that was unexpected. Shame, really, but Ollie will get it done.

Prototype lites rolling out now.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3306645)   #160
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain has stopped for now. About to venture to the track shortly.

UT football is home this weekend, so downtown will be crowded throughout the day /night tomorrow.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3306653)   #161
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was saying the same on Twitter but if you were Ritchie Stanaway or Jonny Adam you might be a bit miffed about this.

Might be wrong but not sure either are racing this weekend. Gavin was being sounded out last weekend so you can't say it's a last-min thing.

What's the point in having reserve drivers?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3306654)   #162
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Was saying the same on Twitter but if you were Ritchie Stanaway or Jonny Adam you might be a bit miffed about this.

Might be wrong but not sure either are racing this weekend. Gavin was being sounded out last weekend so you can't say it's a last-min thing.

What's the point in having reserve drivers?
I thought Stanaway was in the #98? Entry list definitely shows him in that car. As for Jonny Adam, maybe he just wasn't in Texas on quick enough notice, so they had to look through drivers who were already racing on the weekend in the ALMS?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3306655)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought Stanaway was in the #98? Entry list definitely shows him in that car. As for Jonny Adam, maybe he just wasn't in Texas on quick enough notice, so they had to look through drivers who were already racing on the weekend in the ALMS?
Ah yes, forgot about the #98.

It makes a nice story having Gavin in the car. Can't imagine Corvette mind one bit.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3306669)   #164
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I never thought I would see Ollie Gavin in an Aston Martin.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3306675)   #165
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder when those daft concrete walls are going to be moved out of the pit lane?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3306685)   #166
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I hope I can still stream the race on my PC with no commercials as a result of the race being shown live on US TV.
It's not being shown live on US TV.

http://www.racer.com/no-live-fox-tv-...rticle/312069/
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3306689)   #167
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I expected as much.
Let's hope the track is packed with fans for the WEC. That should make sponsors sit up and ask WHY they couldn't get more air time.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3306696)   #168
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths Supported Spotter Guide for CoTA has now been released with ALMS and WEC Guides available individually or as a combined PDF.

Download the guides on the ALMS and WEC Pages of www.spotterguides.com
Final Update to the guide, just released with Oliver Gavin in the #97 Aston Martin for WEC!!!!! and updated BAR-1 livery on the ALMS Guide. Thanks for all the downloads. WEC guide leads the ALMS guide by just 3% in download figures!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3306702)   #169
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He's currently doing driver coaching at Brands. https://twitter.com/JonnyAdam/status/381110807590756352
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3306775)   #170
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
When was last time FPs (or just FP3) were streamed? Clearly not being shown right now.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3306788)   #171
Razgriz8484
Rookie

Razgriz8484 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
When was last time FPs (or just FP3) were streamed? Clearly not being shown right now.
Besides Le Mans? None I think
Old 20 Sep 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3306790)   #172
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raining like crazy now, with no let up in site. Plenty of beer and food in the coolers though!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3306795)   #173
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz8484 View Post
Besides Le Mans? None I think
Sometimes FP3s for sure have been streamed, might have to go all the way back to last year though. Just the feed, no commentary.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3306807)   #174
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A WASH OUT! Hopefully its all good for qualifying tomorrow.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3306809)   #175
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Raining like crazy now, with no let up in site. Plenty of beer and food in the coolers though!
It should be off and on all day today. I actually retired to my hotel early today, hoping to catch a live stream on the FIA WEC. No such luck, however.

It looks like Toyota will finish this practice session on top, since now one dares venturing out onto the track in the current conditions. I don't blame them...

I think there is still a fair chance of a rainy qualifying session tomorrow, but it won't be a complete wash out like it was today, me thinks.