Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3058426)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
SSM has confirmed a second entry for Indy, #99 with the driver to be named "soon".

(off topic, but does anyone else find SSM running both #77 and #99 a bit... odd? Though those numbers might have been retired by now)
They obviously needed them to make up the numbers.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3058430)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I don't think numbers should be retired. If drivers had 3 digits like in motocross, then there could be exceptions for extremely good drivers, and by that I mean multiple champions or Indianapolis 500 winners.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3059041)   #28
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
Here are the extra cars that I expect to see at Indy:
1 Foyt, for Bryan Clauson;
1 Shank, for an expert driver like Alex Lloyd or Townsend Bell or Tomas Scheckter or Paul Tracy (with Honda engine);
1 Schmidt/Hamilton, for Davey Hamilton or Wade Cunningham;
1 Dreyer&Reinbold, for an experienced driver who can help Lotus drivers to find the right setup...Townsend Bell or Tomas Scheckter;
1 Fisher, for an experienced driver who can help Newgarden...Townsend Bell???

So, there 35 cars to try the qualification...plus, I hope to see these extra cars (and I tinhk it's not impossibile to see at least one of this):
1 Panther, for Vitor Meira;
1 Carpenter, for a paying driver...maybe Ho-Pin Tung;
1 Schmidt, for Wade Cunningham or Townsend Bell.
Never knew you were Townsend's agent
Seriously though the guy deserves a decent ride at Indy considering how well he's done there over the years in one-offs.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 14 Apr 2012 at 17:32. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3060731)   #29
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Never knew you were Townsend's agent
Seriously though the guy deserves a decent ride at Indy considering how well he's done there over the years in one-offs.
Ya...I was really impressed by Bell's recent performances at Indy!!!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3060926)   #30
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They obviously needed them to make up the numbers.
Dreadful, awful... made me chuckle. Thought it deserved better than the it's received.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3060953)   #31
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SSM has confirmed a second entry for Indy, #99 with the driver to be named "soon".

(off topic, but does anyone else find SSM running both #77 and #99 a bit... odd? Though those numbers might have been retired by now)
I don't know about an official retirement, but I wouldn't think it would be appropriate to run those numbers myself.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3060955)   #32
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Curt Cavin suggests that Luca Fillipi has yet to pay up for his season with Rahal this year... might we see someone else fill the second car as an Indy only entry (Jourdain jr, perhaps)?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 15:09 (Ref:3060973)   #33
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Curt Cavin suggests that Luca Fillipi has yet to pay up for his season with Rahal this year... might we see someone else fill the second car as an Indy only entry (Jourdain jr, perhaps)?
A name I've not heard in awhile.

It's an open seat for guys like Scheckter, John Andretti, Tracy, Rice in a year with not many open seats.

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 17 Apr 2012 at 15:17.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3061015)   #34
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jourdain jr was at Las Vegas apparently. A return to open wheel racing was something he was considering.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3061752)   #35
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Tweets from Pippa Mann suggest that the initial entry list will be published tomorrow. She will not be on it.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3061791)   #36
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That report is vaporware. N/H doesn't even believe it.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3061792)   #37
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wade Cunningham announced to attempt Indianapolis in the 2nd Foyt car.

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 19 Apr 2012 at 00:16.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3062071)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Great news from Wade!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3062172)   #39
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tweets from Pippa Mann suggest that the initial entry list will be published tomorrow. She will not be on it.
It's up!

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...try%20List.pdf
Old 19 Apr 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3062382)   #40
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
From what I've gathered on various Twitter pages (Curt Cavin mostly)...

Buddy Rice will drive the second Ed Carpenter Racing car. Office Depot Mexico will sponsor Michel Jourdain jr in the second Rahal car (retro-tastic!).

Only real TBAs are for Newman Hass Racing (probably Alesi) and for the second Schmidt/Hamilton car. There is a long list of driver that could fill that seat... Bell, Scheckter, Tracy...
Old 20 Apr 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3062385)   #41
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:

Guerrieri anyone? Here in Argentina it was presumed that his backing from Pistas Argentinas and his other personal sponsors will work with him for an Indy 500 drive.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3062388)   #42
MalcolmC
Racer

New Zealand
Down there a bit
MalcolmC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.indycar.com/News/2012/April/4-19-Thirty-four-cars-entered-in-Indy-500
The 'Fragile' sticker on the envelope doesn't inspire confidence. What could possibly go wrong with a new car with new engines and a new aero-kit ?
Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3062533)   #43
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car count of 33+ even with all new cars is a sign things are looking up for the series.

It's good to see Newman/Haas is on the list but I'd rather Alesi stay retired and let somebody with more recent IndyCar experience drive that car.

With the upcoming addition of a 2nd car, Vision/Walker a/k/a Ed Carpenter Racing are obviously working on shaping themselves to become the new oval powerhouse team and given the history of Derrick Walker's CART team, that plan may well succeed.

But why is there no 2nd Panther entry? Where is the #40?
Old 20 Apr 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3062735)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
33 new cars is a lot for a top-level championship. F1 hasn't claimed them for two decades. WRC has been combining several classes and struggles to fill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Guerrieri anyone? Here in Argentina it was presumed that his backing from Pistas Argentinas and his other personal sponsors will work with him for an Indy 500 drive.
I was thinking the same thing. He was supposed to drive at the 500.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3064446)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Jay Howard signed by MSR for an Indy 500 entry. They have a car, only problem is, no engine yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/curtcavin/sta...08582098706432
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3064454)   #46
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Finding an engine at this point is a bit of an ask, is it not? Chevrolet and Honda are already going beyond the call of duty as it is, especially with the news that they will be filling the void left by Lotus dropping two cars...
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3064810)   #47
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Finding an engine at this point is a bit of an ask, is it not? Chevrolet and Honda are already going beyond the call of duty as it is, especially with the news that they will be filling the void left by Lotus dropping two cars...
Maybe Shank can take the engine originally fixed for DRR or Herta...
Old 24 Apr 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3064829)   #48
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I assumed that Lotus were dropping down to three cars from Indy onwards. It would appear though, that Herta and DDR just wanted a competitive engine and are getting out of their contracts.

If Lotus are prepared to field five cars, then yes - Shank could get one of the "spare" Lotus engines. I guess the other one would be for Newman/Hass, unless they had an engine all along. In that case, maybe we could see one more entry for someone...?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3064946)   #49
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Jourdain Jr. confirmed for the second Rahal car:

http://www.rahal.com/indynews/JourdainIndy
Old 24 Apr 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3065218)   #50
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's awesome, Indy needs a Mexican and Michel knows how to win races. Definitely will be a huge blast from the past but he can do it and he knows how to work well with Rahal. The good thing is tat he hasn't stopped racing completely, he's raced WTCC, ALMS, WRC, Carrera Panamericana, A1GP, NASCAR Nationwide, Trucks, K&N, US Late Models, Grnad-Am, Off-Road, Mexican Rallies, and even Ice Racing! He should aim for a solid top-15.

Last edited by daallo; 25 Apr 2012 at 00:13.