Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3412725)   #626
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Massa's take on the Hamilton/Rosberg issue.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114193
Old 30 May 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3412754)   #627
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lewis Hamilton: We have been friends a long time & as friends we have our ups & downs. Today we spoke & we're cool, still friends #noproblem

https://www.facebook.com/LewisHamilt...type=1&theater

Senna and Prost didn't have facebook to sort out their differences...
Old 30 May 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3412757)   #628
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was sat on the fence on this season just happy to see which one of the Merc drivers comes out on top.

This recent shambles and pretty poor sportsman ship makes me want to see Nico win in.

When everything is going well for Lewis "I'm in a great place, great people around me, I'm my own man, never been stronger",

When something goes wrong "the team favour him, he cheats, I'm not his friend". it's always someone else's fault.

To say "if you saw the data I saw" - well the stewards saw the data you saw, and a lot more camera angles than Merc has access to, and judged it to be an accident, time to get over it, behave like a sportsman and move on, rather than these childish threats "I'll deal with it like Senna did" - enough, perhaps you should return to Stevenage for a drop of reality, rather than some fantasy world where if's someone else's fault always.
Old 30 May 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3412833)   #629
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The "slide" he suffered though did look odd. Almost as if he put the car into a slide deliberately, albeit not totally convincingly, a bit like a footballer taking a dive.
Old 30 May 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3412875)   #630
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

https://www.facebook.com/LewisHamilt...type=1&theater

Senna and Prost didn't have facebook to sort out their differences...
They're all friends again, .

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular
Old 30 May 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3412883)   #631
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Prost versus Senna, ha. It's like bickering from some sort of cringeworthy high-school movie.
Old 30 May 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3412890)   #632
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Prost versus Senna, ha. It's like bickering from some sort of cringeworthy high-school movie.
Old 31 May 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3412972)   #633
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
"They sabotaged my car in Australia"
"You tried to push me off in Malaysia"
"You turned up your engine in Spain"
"You deliberately caused a caution in Monaco"
"You said you weren't my friend and didn't shake my hand on the podium."

Old 31 May 2014, 02:01 (Ref:3412988)   #634
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
I was sat on the fence on this season just happy to see which one of the Merc drivers comes out on top.

This recent shambles and pretty poor sportsman ship makes me want to see Nico win in.

When everything is going well for Lewis "I'm in a great place, great people around me, I'm my own man, never been stronger",

When something goes wrong "the team favour him, he cheats, I'm not his friend". it's always someone else's fault.

To say "if you saw the data I saw" - well the stewards saw the data you saw, and a lot more camera angles than Merc has access to, and judged it to be an accident, time to get over it, behave like a sportsman and move on, rather than these childish threats "I'll deal with it like Senna did" - enough, perhaps you should return to Stevenage for a drop of reality, rather than some fantasy world where if's someone else's fault always.
Too true mate - that's my view on it too. No doubt at all that Lewis has speed, such a shame that his level of class doesn't measure up to his level of speed.

We had him behaving like a seal for most of 2011 and then he calmed down and let his racing do the talking - let's hope that the same thing happens here.

Really like genuine rivalries but all the pouty, petulant, childish stuff is pretty pathetic.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3413600)   #635
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is pretty typical of the world we live in today unfortunately.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3413630)   #636
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's worth noting that all the pouty, petulant, childish stuff is only emanating from one side.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3413776)   #637
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's the Finnish blood you see.

If Nico was Alonso the season would be unbearable from all angles.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3413778)   #638
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
It's worth noting that all the pouty, petulant, childish stuff is only emanating from one side.
Actually, to tell the truth, most of it is in here.....
Old 1 Jun 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3413780)   #639
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Actually, to tell the truth, most of it is in here.....
Maybe Lewis is being led on by what he sees on here
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3413783)   #640
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If he has any sense, he won't come within miles of this thread........
Old 2 Jun 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3414021)   #641
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
maybe Lewis is coming on here an secretly defending himself, come out Lulu we know your hiding in here!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3414120)   #642
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie has never been on the forum. Could be wrong though.....
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3414127)   #643
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Too true mate - that's my view on it too. No doubt at all that Lewis has speed, such a shame that his level of class doesn't measure up to his level of speed.

We had him behaving like a seal for most of 2011 and then he calmed down and let his racing do the talking - let's hope that the same thing happens here.

Really like genuine rivalries but all the pouty, petulant, childish stuff is pretty pathetic.
Which is more petulant/childish/pouty? Being grumpy after losing a race in a season where every single point is going to count, or cheating to win the race in the first place?

Get some balance.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3414134)   #644
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Which is more petulant/childish/pouty? Being grumpy after losing a race in a season where every single point is going to count, or cheating to win the race in the first place?

Get some balance.
Who's cheating to win the race ?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3414171)   #645
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

Get some balance.
take your british patriotic glasses off mate, you'll enjoy the racing much better that way.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3414305)   #646
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Who's cheating to win the race ?
im guessing but that was aimed at Nico's quali episode. for the record i dont think he did anything intentionally.

if im being honest i dont see what LH has done to inspire this level of animosity. if im being frank MS or Alonso only inspired this much animosity for incidents (alleged or otherwise) of a far far greater magnitude.

- LH's driving this year has been incredibly sportsmanlike so to call him unsporting because of his behavior just out of his car is sort of like not being able to see the forest through the trees.

- perhaps im wrong but isnt council housing government subsidized housing for lower/no income families? maybe the UK is different but receiving gov't subsidies and living in subsidized housing is basically the exact Western definition of growing up in poverty in Canada (although i appreciate that some of you may be holding him to the third world definition of poverty).

of course most have very different interpretations on these episodes then i do but seriously come up with better examples people!

and stick to your guns JamesH! not everyone is so quick to hate
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3414317)   #647
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im guessing but that was aimed at Nico's quali episode. for the record i dont think he did anything intentionally.

if im being honest i dont see what LH has done to inspire this level of animosity. if im being frank MS or Alonso only inspired this much animosity for incidents (alleged or otherwise) of a far far greater magnitude.

- LH's driving this year has been incredibly sportsmanlike so to call him unsporting because of his behavior just out of his car is sort of like not being able to see the forest through the trees.

- perhaps im wrong but isnt council housing government subsidized housing for lower/no income families? maybe the UK is different but receiving gov't subsidies and living in subsidized housing is basically the exact Western definition of growing up in poverty in Canada (although i appreciate that some of you may be holding him to the third world definition of poverty).

of course most have very different interpretations on these episodes then i do but seriously come up with better examples people!

and stick to your guns JamesH! not everyone is so quick to hate
I always thought a true spotsman/woman should conduct in a themselves in a sporting manner, equally on and off the field of play, in this case on and off the track. All Lewis had to do was shake Nico's hand at the end of the race and leave it at that but he chose otherwise.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3414320)   #648
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always thought a true spotsman/woman should conduct in a themselves in a sporting manner, equally on and off the field of play, in this case on and off the track. All Lewis had to do was shake Nico's hand at the end of the race and leave it at that but he chose otherwise.
in fairness if thats your definition (and its a good one) then watching F1 over the years must have been difficult. again in fairness i have never seen a post or thread here started about lamenting the loss of sportsmanship in racing.

also we live in a different age now. i suspect if global 24 hour news existed in the past then no professional athlete could have lived up to the standard you are using today. heck i shudder to think what would have happened to my childhood if i truly knew what my favorite sports heros thoughts on race or gender.

they are just human beings and as imperfect as the rest of us. so as an adult i dont mythology athletes anymore...rather to do so and then lament how much they have failed to live up to such lofty ideals is the behaviour of a petulant child.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3414352)   #649
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
in fairness if thats your definition (and its a good one) then watching F1 over the years must have been difficult. again in fairness i have never seen a post or thread here started about lamenting the loss of sportsmanship in racing.

also we live in a different age now. i suspect if global 24 hour news existed in the past then no professional athlete could have lived up to the standard you are using today. heck i shudder to think what would have happened to my childhood if i truly knew what my favorite sports heros thoughts on race or gender.

they are just human beings and as imperfect as the rest of us. so as an adult i dont mythology athletes anymore...rather to do so and then lament how much they have failed to live up to such lofty ideals is the behaviour of a petulant child.
It's been no more difficult to watch than any other sport just disappointing sometimes, as with any other sport and in this instance I thought Lewis's behavior was disappointing and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Interesting when you say, you shudder to think what would have happened to your childhood if you truly knew what your favorite sports heros thoughts on race or gender. Maybe that's a facet of being a good sportsperson, all that's kept under wraps, no one is any the wiser and it isn't allowed it interfere with the task at hand. In that respect then and despite what was going on in Lewis's head, a hand shake would have sufficed and it would have been left at that but as you rightly point out there's the human element and it got the better of Lewis as it has done in the past.

I don't agree with you about the global 24hour news necessarily affecting sporting conduct. There are many modern sports men and women who live up to 'my standard'.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3414382)   #650
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's not about the views of drivers per say. Twitter and 24/7 scrutiny does strip away the mystique of the drivers whereas before when the published and visual media was fairly primitive, they remained remote and inaccessible. Now you can switch on your computer and in two minutes you can have a pop at one of these stars if you want.

I also think the narcissism that comes from unrelenting scrutiny is amplified making sporting culture a little more infantile.